Netherlands set to approve euthanasia for children 1-12

• Thread starter Thread starter RhodesianSon
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Being able to afford the basics is not wealth.

You’d rather see people destitute rather than have a system in place that provides people with affordable healthcare?

I am for affordable healthcare. That doesn’t necessarily mean government run healthcare just so you’d know.

Last edited:
Even if I don’t choose suicide, without a meal I’ll end up dead anyway.

However with the winter coming, I’ll probably freeze to death because I can’t afford a place to live.

Nonsense. If we were in heaven, none of this would happen. We are here to be punished for the acts of our ancestors, not our own acts.

Ever heard of “love”? And “forgiveness”? That “horrible” sin of some unknown disobedience being punished by “infinite” suffering is something you consider “just”? Strange… very strange.

Well you caught me on a bad thought.

I sometimes let my anxiety get the best of me, especially with being unemployed and with no job prospects in the horizon.

You are right. All is not hopeless.

May God’s will be done.

Last edited:
However with the winter coming, I’ll probably freeze to death because I can’t afford a place to live.
There was a very sarcastic observation. It said: “Right now we are freezing and starving. In the spring our standard of living will improve 100% - because then we shall only starve but not freeze.” A usual cruelty from those who are well off.

As a woman I can tell you that the good that comes from the excruciating pain of labor is the gift of new life.

especially with being unemployed and with no job prospects in the horizon.
Don’t lose hope! You’ve got your degree and you’ve got experience. Nobody can take that away from you.

Actually, we’ve had a Professional Engineer position in our Planning and Operations department vacant for nearly a year…

Maybe you’ll have to move but I have no doubt that you’ll find employment!

(Please Note: This uploaded content is no longer available.)

Whooa, I don’t want to come in late in the conversation but aborting and especially partial birth, full term but all has to be hell on earth and is man created.

I’m not defecting.However I have to wonder what your agenda is,on a Catholic forum ,arguing for killing children

Whooa, I don’t want to come in late in the conversation but aborting and especially partial birth, full term but all has to be hell on earth and is man created.
If we all would have been created directly into heaven, this would never happened. And, of course the events you mentioned all happened due to God’s permissive will. Funny that none of you admit that all this occurs, because God allows it to happen.

I’m not defecting.However I have to wonder what your agenda is,on a Catholic forum ,arguing for killing children
Not defecting… deflecting. And I have no agenda. Also I am not arguing for killing children. Do you intentionally misrepresent my words?

If we all would have been created directly into heaven, this would never happened. And, of course the events you mentioned all happened due to God’s permissive will. Funny that none of you admit that all this occurs, because God allows it to happen.
This is more of stuff for the moral theology or social justice area under apologetics.

There is evil in the world too. Some of us have seen it first hand.

Dearest Lord, that zerge and all others discover your love and mercy as we walk this lonesome valley on our way to eternal life with you!

Let me be the judge of that. I have a living will, which explicitly forbids to keep me artificially alive under some well-defined circumstances.
In the cases we are reading about, I dont think those 2-12 year old children are making living wills.
Someone else is choosing for them to die.

I don’t see a question mark in my post. Perhaps you are confusing me with another poster.
May God bless you and all who visit our thread.
Amen.

Last edited:
I am not interested in trying to change your minds. I asked something, and you answered. But I can express my dismay about how incredibly inhuman and inhumane your attitude is. Far be it from me to wish that you be exposed to your own, personal “Room one-oh-one” (if you know what I mean), but it would do you a world of good to experience what makes others to beg to be put out of their misery. And you would decline their plight, and say: “That is your cross, bear it, and offer it to God…”.

Because life, in and of itself is not valuable.
You definitely won’t be changing any minds when your ethics system sees life as not valuable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back