Obama 50%, Palin 33%

  • Thread starter Thread starter gilliam
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Or murdered babies?
To be fair, no President since Roe v Wade has cared enough about abortion to outlaw it completely. Of course President Obama can certainly sleep peacefully knowing he had a hand in making the process of killing your unwanted child all the more easier.

That being said, if Palin is the nominee for the Republicans I would simply not vote; she is the biggest joke in politics, nothing about her brings confidence that she’ll hold her word to any promise. (not that any politician ever keeps their promises)
 
To be fair, no President since Roe v Wade has cared enough about abortion to outlaw it completely. Of course President Obama can certainly sleep peacefully knowing he had a hand in making the process of killing your unwanted child all the more easier.

That being said, if Palin is the nominee for the Republicans I would simply not vote; she is the biggest joke in politics, nothing about her brings confidence that she’ll hold her word to any promise. (not that any politician ever keeps their promises)
Presidents can’t outlaw it. Only Congress or the SCOTUS can.

Having said that, President’s do have the power to outlaw at least some abortions by executive order, and more importantly by appointing good SC justices. 🙂
 
To be fair, no President since Roe v Wade has cared enough about abortion to outlaw it completely. Of course President Obama can certainly sleep peacefully knowing he had a hand in making the process of killing your unwanted child all the more easier.

That being said, if Palin is the nominee for the Republicans I would simply not vote; she is the biggest joke in politics, nothing about her brings confidence that she’ll hold her word to any promise. (not that any politician ever keeps their promises)
I'm sure that Obama, given his dictatorial leaning, would have imposed abortion on demand by Executive Order. A real President cannot outlaw it by fiat. BTW, if you think that Palin is a joke, re-watch her convention speech, which she delived after her teleprompter malfunctioned. Or, her speech in Wisconsin, fending off jeering union vandals. Powerful, wise and wonderful rhetoric. Or, simply read Going Rogue. You'll be stunned to learn that the woman you thought you knew is only a manufactured caricature bearing no resemblance to the REAL executive captured in her 24,000 private e-mails. :) Rob
 
To be fair, no President since Roe v Wade has cared enough about abortion to outlaw it completely. Of course President Obama can certainly sleep peacefully knowing he had a hand in making the process of killing your unwanted child all the more easier.

That being said, if Palin is the nominee for the Republicans I would simply not vote; she is the biggest joke in politics, nothing about her brings confidence that she’ll hold her word to any promise. (not that any politician ever keeps their promises)
That’s my sentiment as well.
40.png
RACJ:
I’m sure that Obama, given his dictatorial leaning, would have imposed abortion on demand by Executive Order. A real President cannot outlaw it by fiat. BTW, if you think that Palin is a joke, re-watch her convention speech, which she delived after her teleprompter malfunctioned. Or, her speech in Wisconsin, fending off jeering union vandals. Powerful, wise and wonderful rhetoric. Or, simply read Going Rogue. You’ll be stunned to learn that the woman you thought you knew is only a manufactured caricature bearing no resemblance to the REAL executive captured in her 24,000 private e-mails.
Do her emails (or her book) elbaorate on her positions regarding foreign policy and economics in a manner more appealing then iwhat she has said in interviews? Because those are the things I’m interested. Those things are also most of what being president is about. I may just read ‘Going Rogue’ though. Even though it would violate a rule of mine of never ever ever ever reading books writted by politicians, as they are almost invariably just terrrible.
 
That’s my sentiment as well.

Do her emails (or her book) elbaorate on her positions regarding foreign policy and economics in a manner more appealing then iwhat she has said in interviews? Because those are the things I’m interested. Those things are also most of what being president is about. I may just read ‘Going Rogue’ though. Even though it would violate a rule of mine of never ever ever ever reading books writted by politicians, as they are almost invariably just terrrible.
I’d recommend anyone who thinks they know Palin through what they have seen on MSNBC, go watch her state of the state speeches and read some of the things that she actually did according to the State of Alaska’s record keeping.

I was impressed, and I didn’t spend that much time on it.
 
Anyone but Obama pelosi and Reed. It will get worse than the Carter years.
 
Have I expressed a view on aborting children with Down Syndrome?
You seemed to be against leaving them to die once they were born alive.
But I guess it wasn’t all that important.

forums.catholic-questions.org/showthread.php?t=584967&highlight=born+alive&page=2
This sounds horrifying and almost unbelievable; but if it is indeed true, we are talking about murder pure and simple by anyone’s standards, regardless of whether one allows abortion to save the mother’s life (or in other exceptional cases) or not. No rational pro-choice advocate should tolerate this heartless act, regardless of their views on abortion, the status of the unborn child, or the mother’s right to choose. And if Obama knows about this procedure (which I’m not totally convinced of) and refuses to act to prohibit it, he should most certainly not be re-elected, at a minimum.
It impressed me at the time though.
 
A half term governor as Commander in Chief?? Seriously???
It will NEVER happen. She is just around to keep her brand in people’s faces, and them talking about her. She was not serious as governor of Alaska, she is not serious now, and will never be taken seriously by Republicans in the future.

I voted for Obama.
Much as a half term Senator, who didn’t propose any legislation and voted "present’ for most of that term?
 
You seemed to be against leaving them to die once they were born alive.
But I guess it wasn’t all that important.

forums.catholic-questions.org/showthread.php?t=584967&highlight=born+alive&page=2

It impressed me at the time though.
And I stand by my statement here since this is infanticide. However, it says nothing about Down Syndrome unborn children, my thoughts about terminating a pregnancy because of this, or my own feelings, apart from Judaism’s stance, on abortion. In my view, one may be pro-choice in certain cases for others (not meaning abortion on demand) and personally against abortion, which is also a choice; this is not, for me, a dissonant position. But this thread is not about abortion even though some people may not support Obama because he is pro-choice, or as they might say–incorrectly I believe–pro-abortion, even pro-death.
 
When Catholics vote for abortion supporters I have no doubt 50 million unborn souls weep. We are supposed to lead the charge against this slaughter.:mad:
 
Friend, the USA is nowhere near socialist.
Some people have no idea what socialism is.

Socialism ( /ˈsoʊ̯ʃəɫɪzm̩/) is an economic system in which the means of production are publicly or commonly owned and controlled cooperatively; or a political philosophy advocating such a system.

Largest insurance company - governement owned.

Largest and third largest car companies - government owned

Significant portions of the banking industry - government owned/controlled.

1/7th of the economy - being taken by the government through the “health care” law.

Individual banks and financial institutions “seized” without any guiding legal or regulatory authority (WaMu Bank).

I think the US is there.
 
Some people have no idea what socialism is.

Socialism ( /ˈsoʊ̯ʃəɫɪzm̩/) is an economic system in which the means of production are publicly or commonly owned and controlled cooperatively; or a political philosophy advocating such a system.

Largest insurance company - governement owned.

Largest and third largest car companies - government owned

Significant portions of the banking industry - government owned/controlled.

1/7th of the economy - being taken by the government through the “health care” law.

Individual banks and financial institutions “seized” without any guiding legal or regulatory authority (WaMu Bank).

I think the US is there.
👍 As do I!
 
And I stand by my statement here since this is infanticide. However, it says nothing about Down Syndrome unborn children, my thoughts about terminating a pregnancy because of this, or my own feelings, apart from Judaism’s stance, on abortion. In my view, one may be pro-choice in certain cases for others (not meaning abortion on demand) and personally against abortion, which is also a choice; this is not, for me, a dissonant position. But this thread is not about abortion even though some people may not support Obama because he is pro-choice, or as they might say–incorrectly I believe–pro-abortion, even pro-death.
Just to be clear, it was the Born Alive Act that Obama was supporting against Jill Staneck’s testimony.
And that is not about abortion. It is about babies born alive and left to die. It is about you saying that Obama should not be re-elected at minimum, if he knew about such practices and does nothing. Since the Jill Staneck story shows in no uncertain terms that Obama not only knew about such things, but actively campaigned to make them legal in Illinois, then one might have thought that he is not the type of man you could vote for.

But that is not the case. You indeed would vote for him.
 
Just to be clear, it was the Born Alive Act that Obama was supporting against Jill Staneck’s testimony.
And that is not about abortion. It is about babies born alive and left to die. It is about you saying that Obama should not be re-elected at minimum, if he knew about such practices and does nothing. Since the Jill Staneck story shows in no uncertain terms that Obama not only knew about such things, but actively campaigned to make them legal in Illinois, then one might have thought that he is not the type of man you could vote for.

But that is not the case. You indeed would vote for him.
I would vote for Obama compared to Palin. Liberal democratic attitudes die hard. However, I’m looking for a viable alternative among the GOP candidates: Romney, perhaps, although I don’t believe a word he says. Perry and Bachmann are both too ideologically conservative for me. They seem sincere with respect to their economic and social views, and that’s the frightening part.
 
Some people have no idea what socialism is.

Socialism ( /ˈsoʊ̯ʃəɫɪzm̩/) is an economic system in which the means of production are publicly or commonly owned and controlled cooperatively; or a political philosophy advocating such a system.

Largest insurance company - governement owned.

Largest and third largest car companies - government owned

Significant portions of the banking industry - government owned/controlled.

1/7th of the economy - being taken by the government through the “health care” law.

Individual banks and financial institutions “seized” without any guiding legal or regulatory authority (WaMu Bank).

I think the US is there.
You clearly don’t know much about socialism. Having some socialism in your country does not make it a socialist one. The USA still does free market capitalism. Americans are just scared of a little bit of socialism
 
When Catholics vote for abortion supporters I have no doubt 50 million unborn souls weep. We are supposed to lead the charge against this slaughter.:mad:
The ballot box isn’t the only way to fight abortion. People helping women who are pregnant and being confrontational is a way to fight abortion. Politicians will never touch the issue and will only use it for political purposes to gain support from the right-wing one-issue voter base

What frustrates me is how conservatives say “we can’t rely on the government to fix our problems” and “government can’t do anything right” but when it comes to abortion, people just want to rely on the government to solve our problems
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top