Obama 50%, Palin 33%

  • Thread starter Thread starter gilliam
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
So quiting in a quest for greater power is good Quiting to defend yourself and your family from studious lawsuits is bad?
Yes

If everyone who got sued had to quit their job, most people would be out of work
 
I am afraid the mere consideration of Palin, Bachmann etc. as serious contenders for the presidency, is making the US a laughing stock. We, in Europe, are shocked by these people.

Obama is far from perfect. He does not represent progressivism at all, and seems to be in the pocket of the establishment and the rich.

The number one priority for any candidate should be campaign finance reform. You need to get money out of politics, or politicians will continue to serve financial interest to the detriment of the general public. Unfortunately, no viable candidate has volunteered to do so. Thus, you should not expect any significant change in policy no matter the candidate.
 
I am afraid the mere consideration of Palin, Bachmann etc. as serious contenders for the presidency, is making the US a laughing stock. We, in Europe, are shocked by these people.
I live in the country north of America. We laugh at them every day and accusing someone of “Americanizing” is an actual insult. With the exception of Jon Huntsman and maybe Ron Paul, the GOP candidates could never become Prime Minister of Canada if they were Canadians
 
I live in the country north of America. We laugh at them every day and accusing someone of “Americanizing” is an actual insult
Which is why I’ve seriously considered moving to Canada. 😃 The U.S. just doesn’t seem the same.
 
Saw that Dick Morris gives his take on what will happen if Sarah Palin jumps into the election contest.

WHAT IF SARAH PALIN RUNS? DICK MORRIS TV: LUNCH ALERT!

dickmorris.com/blog/what-if-sarah-palin-runs-dick-morris-tv-lunch-alert/
In this video commentary, I discuss the possibility of Palin running for the presidency. It’s looking more and more like Sarah is going to run. Can she win? How will she shake up the race? How will Bachmann fare if Sarah runs?
 
“We just need to spread the wealth around” President Obama

=socialism

Now maybe he
  1. Didn’t mean what he said or
  2. Didn’t understand what he said
🙂
If ‘spread the wealth around’ = socialism, then everyone in the country who supports a progressive tax system is a socialist. Even the vast majority of conservatives (perhaps not on here, where anarcho-capitalism is surprisingly popular, but in real life) support spreading wealth around. The question is not of whetere or not to, it is a question of to what extent, and thus far any socialist who was hoping for Obama to expropriate the property of the wealthy and hand iot out to the working class will have been sorely disappointed. Seriously, look at how much money you need to be Forbe’s 400 these days. It’s several times what it was a few years ago. How is that socialism. Really, let’s all get serious here.
 
I live in the country north of America. We laugh at them every day and accusing someone of “Americanizing” is an actual insult. With the exception of Jon Huntsman and maybe Ron Paul, the GOP candidates could never become Prime Minister of Canada if they were Canadians
The feeling is mutual around here regarding America’s hat. 😃
 
I live in the country north of America. We laugh at them every day and accusing someone of “Americanizing” is an actual insult. With the exception of Jon Huntsman and maybe Ron Paul, the GOP candidates could never become Prime Minister of Canada if they were Canadians
Wow, just wow. 😦
 
I am afraid the mere consideration of Palin, Bachmann etc. as serious contenders for the presidency, is making the US a laughing stock. We, in Europe, are shocked by these people
.
Indeed. I suspect there will be rioting in the streets of Europe, if Palin, Bachmann, etc. are elected. You are very good at that. 👍

I wonder if Europeans and Canadians realize that every time they criticize Americans, we chuckle and it actually strengthens our resolve?
 
I live in the country north of America. We laugh at them every day and accusing someone of “Americanizing” is an actual insult. With the exception of Jon Huntsman and maybe Ron Paul, the GOP candidates could never become Prime Minister of Canada if they were Canadians
There’s a country north of America? 😛
I am afraid the mere consideration of Palin, Bachmann etc. as serious contenders for the presidency, is making the US a laughing stock. We, in Europe, are shocked by these people.
Obama is far from perfect. He does not represent progressivism at all, and seems to be in the pocket of the establishment and the rich.
The number one priority for any candidate should be campaign finance reform. You need to get money out of politics, or politicians will continue to serve financial interest to the detriment of the general public. Unfortunately, no viable candidate has volunteered to do so. Thus, you should not expect any significant change in policy no matter the candidate.
Liberal economist Joseph Stiglitz, a nobel prize winner and former adviser to the UN, almost as much a scion of the conventional left as one could hope to be short of Paul Krugman, would agree; he said of the Obama administration as “either in the pocket of the banks or they’re incompetent.” No infrmed peson can pretend that there exists a monolothic left in America that is rallying behind Obama and prainsing him when joseph Stiglitz is saying things like that. Even Paul Krugman was disappointed by Obama.

Regarding European vs. American statesment, you’re quite right. It amazes me the supprt Sarah palin gets here. Angela Merkel could eat that woman for breakfast. We don’t have any prospective Merkels in American politics though.
 
Indeed. I suspect there will be rioting in the streets of Europe, if Palin, Bachmann, etc. are elected. You are very good at that. 👍

I wonder if Europeans and Canadians realize that every time they criticize Americans, we chuckle and it actually strengthens our resolve?
In accord with poet Friedrich Schiller’s maxim “opposition never converts the enthusiast, always inflames him.”
 
There’s a country north of America? 😛
Most US citizens couldn’t tell you who the PM of Canada is and even less what the major parties of the country are and what their political platforms are.

I teach Citz in the World merit badge to US Scouts and almost none of the High School boys I teach can accurately describe the government structure of Canada.
Liberal economist Joseph Stiglitz, a nobel prize winner and former adviser to the UN, almost as much a scion of the conventional left as one could hope to be short of Paul Krugman, would agree; he said of the Obama administration as “either in the pocket of the banks or they’re incompetent.” No infrmed peson can pretend that there exists a monolothic left in America that is rallying behind Obama and prainsing him when joseph Stiglitz is saying things like that. Even Paul Krugman was disappointed by Obama
Obama definately over promised and is under delivering…
Regarding European vs. American statesment, you’re quite right. It amazes me the supprt Sarah palin gets here. Angela Merkel could eat that woman for breakfast. We don’t have any prospective Merkels in American politics though.
IMHO, Palin gets support because she is looked upon as 100% American. She will always have a certain amount of support because of that fact. You can’t put a price on that and you can’t turn a multinationalist into that. And if Merkel attacks Palin you will see a ground swell of US support for Palin and more anti-German attacks than during WWII. Merkel can only dream of having such support.
 
In accord with poet Friedrich Schiller’s maxim “opposition never converts the enthusiast, always inflames him.”
Exactly.

We especially enjoy the irony of people in other countries arrogantly complaining about the arrogance of “stupid Americans.” 🙂
 
If the choices were only Obama vs. Palin and the poll numbers were close, then I’d cast my vote for Obama; if Obama was comfortably ahead in the poles, then I’d write my name in.
 
If the choices were only Obama vs. Palin and the poll numbers were close, then I’d cast my vote for Obama; if Obama was comfortably ahead in the poles, then I’d write my name in.
:confused: why the difference? If you are going to support Obama, why not vote for him either way? I don’t get it.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top