Obama says he's Christian 'by choice'

  • Thread starter Thread starter Beau_Ouiville
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Beau_Ouiville

Guest
"President Obama said Tuesday that he is a “Christian by choice” and that his decision was influenced by gospel teachings about salvation and the importance of loving one another.

His mother and the grandparents who helped raised him weren’t regular churchgoers, Obama told a group here. But he became a Christian later in life because of the religion’s basic principles, he said.

“It was because the precepts of Jesus Christ spoke to me in terms of the kind of life that I would want to lead,” Obama said. “Being my brother’s and sister’s keeper. Treating others as they would treat me.”

Obama also spoke of the doctrine of salvation and of Jesus Christ “dying for my sins,” a set of beliefs many Christians consider fundamental to the profession of faith."

chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/sc-dc-0929-obama-campaign-20100928,0,571396.story

That’s better than getting it in the cradle. He made a conscious decision.
 
Now if he could just follow it with actions.

Jesus loved children.

Obama thinks it’s OK to kill them.
 
a desperate transparently obvious attempt to help his party in november

I wish it was true 😦
 
The law of **Taquiyya **(? spelling) allows him to lie.

A classmate of mine is from Sierra Leone. Her father lied to her mother about being a Christian to get her to marry him (or at least go with him). After her mother became pregnant he gave her mom the news.

The mother was so distraught, she left him, but had to leave my classmate with him. She was raised a Muslim, but, through a miracle ended up here and a Christian. (That is a story in of itself).

Oh, the stories this woman has to tell. It would make you cry for these people.

So, in essence, the man is a liar and has no problem with it.
 
Obama Omits ‘Creator’ From ‘Inalienable Rights’…Again

Just seven days after he sparked controversy by omitting the word “Creator” when he closely paraphrased the passage from the Declaration of Independence that says all men “are endowed by their Creator with certain inalienable rights,” President Barack Obama again omitted the Creator when speaking about the “inalienable rights” that “everybody is endowed with.” This time the president was speaking at a Sept. 22 fundraiser for the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee (DCCC) and the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee (DSCC) at the Roosevelt Hotel in New York City, and his reference to “inalienable rights” was not as close a paraphrasing of the Declaration as it had been the week before.

more…
 
That’s better than getting it in the cradle. He made a conscious decision.
Really? So, I’m a better Catholic because I converted? :confused:

I don’t think that is a very charitable statement on your part. People who were raised Christians/Catholics also make a conscious decision at some point in their lives. I don’t consider converts to be superior to those who were raised in their chosen faith.

That said, I applaud Obama for making the right choice, as guided by the grace of God. If he keeps choosing correctly (i.e. follows God’s will), he will soon be a Catholic. 🙂
 
Really? So, I’m a better Catholic because I converted?
I’m not getting personal but the possibility is surely there.

“In the same way, there is more joy in heaven over one lost sinner who repents and returns to God than over ninety-nine others who are righteous and haven’t strayed away!”

Luke 15:7
I don’t think that is a very charitable statement on your part. People who were raised Christians/Catholics also make a conscious decision at some point in their lives.
The statement is not uncharitable and I’m not always sure people make a conscious decision. For some, I suspect it is more of a glorified habit.
 
**Nope.
Nope.
Nope.
Nope.
Nope
Nope.
Nope.

Not buyin’ it.**
 
That’s better than getting it in the cradle. He made a conscious decision.
Actually in his case it isn’t. He’s never done anything to demonstrate his being a Christian. Ever. The only reason he puts on the Christian persona, is that Americans expect their leaders to have some religion.
 
The law of **Taquiyya **(? spelling) allows him to lie.

A classmate of mine is from Sierra Leone. Her father lied to her mother about being a Christian to get her to marry him (or at least go with him). After her mother became pregnant he gave her mom the news.

The mother was so distraught, she left him, but had to leave my classmate with him. She was raised a Muslim, but, through a miracle ended up here and a Christian. (That is a story in of itself).

Oh, the stories this woman has to tell. It would make you cry for these people.

So, in essence, the man is a liar and has no problem with it.
On what basis do you call President Obama a liar, aside from your hatred of the man and his politics? From all the evidence I’ve seen, he’s telling the truth. He was not raised as a Christian, but he attended Jeremiah Wright’s evangelical Christian church for many years. He stopped only because Republicans made it a campaign issue, just as they are using his Muslim father and Muslim middle name to cast doubts on whether he is a Muslim as a campaign issue. I understand how mudslinging advances your political goals, but really now, what evidence is there that Obama is lying about his Christian faith? None.
 
Actually in his case it isn’t. He’s never done anything to demonstrate his being a Christian. Ever.
He’s been to church.

Let’s not get ‘holier than thou’, here. Who among us looks into the president’s heart?
 
I don’t disbelieve any of his claims. I’ll bet he does think of Jesus Christ as a great moral teacher, that His precepts are attractive to him, that he does want to follow the Golden Rule and “see God in other people.” I don’t even dispute that this collection of beliefs could, under some valid constructions, be labeled “Christian”.

But does the President believe in the Resurrection?

He has sometimes spoken of the lessons we can draw from the Resurrection – or, more often, the “story” of the Resurrection… but I have seen no evidence that he actually believes that it happened any more than he believes that Muhammed (PBUH, RIP, ETC.) split the moon.

I suspect that the more accurate description of President Obama’s religious affiliation is “Christian-influenced agnostic”… though I admit I could be wrong.

EDIT: And, it’s official! Ceil-1 is the first person I have ever seen who actually thinks President Obama is a secret Muslim!

Why?
 
He’s been to church.

Let’s not get ‘holier than thou’, here. Who among us looks into the president’s heart?
Agreed. I can’t believe that so many people posting to a Catholic message board feel comfortable calling President Obama a liar for claiming to be a Christian. I am constantly blown away by the hatred and judgmental attitudes expressed here. You can strongly disagree with someone while treating them civilly in the real world. Here? No way. I expect better from people who call themselves Catholics.
 
So Obama just outed himself.

This guy basically, boasted that the rest of us are INDOCTRINATED.

Just parse his old interviews, this guy is only as faithful as his crib notes take him.
That’s better than getting it in the cradle. He made a conscious decision.
I’m a cradle catholic, and *you *don’t know what your’e talking about.

It’s an insult to the Holy Spirit to say what you’ve said.
He’s been to church.
Let’s not get ‘holier than thou’, here. Who among us looks into the president’s heart?
No one has to judge his heart, they just have to judge his actions.

Any faithful Christian can see through this guy.
 
The law of **Taquiyya **(? spelling) allows him to lie.

A classmate of mine is from Sierra Leone. Her father lied to her mother about being a Christian to get her to marry him (or at least go with him). After her mother became pregnant he gave her mom the news.

The mother was so distraught, she left him, but had to leave my classmate with him. She was raised a Muslim, but, through a miracle ended up here and a Christian. (That is a story in of itself).

Oh, the stories this woman has to tell. It would make you cry for these people.

So, in essence, the man is a liar and has no problem with it.
This would only be applicable if he was a Muslim, but sorry to burst your bubble he isn’t. You’re going to have to come up with something better.

ChadS
 
So Obama just outed himself.

This guy basically, boasted that the rest of us are INDOCTRINATED.

Just parse his old interviews, this guy is only as faithful as his crib notes take him.

I’m a cradle catholic, and *you *don’t know what your’e talking about.

It’s an insult to the Holy Spirit to say what you’ve said.

No one has to judge his heart, they just have to judge his actions.

Any faithful Christian can see through this guy.
Apparently it’s not okay to judge whether Obama is or is not a Christian,
but it is okay to judge that allegedly a convert is better than a cradle Catholic.
:rolleyes: :hypno:
 
I don’t disbelieve any of his claims. I’ll bet he does think of Jesus Christ as a great moral teacher, that His precepts are attractive to him, that he does want to follow the Golden Rule and “see God in other people.” I don’t even dispute that this collection of beliefs could, under some valid constructions, be labeled “Christian”.

But does the President believe in the Resurrection?

He has sometimes spoken of the lessons we can draw from the Resurrection – or, more often, the “story” of the Resurrection… but I have seen no evidence that he actually believes that it happened any more than he believes that Muhammed (PBUH, RIP, ETC.) split the moon.

Why?
I’m about signed off on this guy, Obama. He is nothing more than a politician who has seen that being a “non-Christian” is a political liability.

This the FOURTH consecutive report and headliner where Obama has to call attention to his “faith” and he keeps the Christian qualifier.

I don’t believe him, let anyone else fall for his deception, but he’s benefited too much from people’s instincts to trust a person just for the sake, that most people are inclined to believe nobody is that manipulative, that calculating to mess around and lie so continuously and deeply about something as sensitive as one’s faith.

I’ve been done taking this man by his word. As a believing Catholic. He offends me when he has to call attention to himself in this manner, for the sake of “Muslim Polls.”

And even if HE DOES Acknowledge God.
Well Good for him!
Even the demons believe, and shudder.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top