Presidential Debate 9/29/20 Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter TK421
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
That same leader who organized unite the right now endorses Biden so I don’t think we can use that as any indication either way.
Was someone using the endorsements of members of the Proud Boys to indicate something?

Last edited:
So what’s with Biden claiming he doesn’t support the Green New Deal, which he also said will pay for itself??
Biden did not renounce the Green New Deal, despite what Breitbart says. He does support it in his own plan as he repeated on stage. The only thing he denied was supporting Trump’s straw man version of that deal.

What is a lot more alarming than the occasional insult was the fact that the debate so often degenerated into open discussion with the two trying to talk over each other and it made those parts of the debate incoherent (not trying to take a side but it was absolutely Trump that did most of it). The reason that is alarming is because it takes away from the viewers ability to see and hear what each candidate’s views and platforms are and that is not an ethical thing to do. There’s a reason that both of the campaigns agreed to each other having an opportunity to speak and there’s a reason this is standard in a debate. Yeah, I know most people have already made up their mind who to vote for if it is either of the main 2, but there are people out there that are on the fence and they deserve to listen to something that is coherent.

Last edited:
You were associating their involvement in unite the right as indicative of racism, or at least, that’s how I interpreted it. If that was wrong I apologize.

This is unfair to VFW Members everywhere.
My father fought in two wars and was a member, and I know other members, so I know what goes on there well enough to make the remark.

Not all VFW members are like that (my father wasn’t), but there’s a rather loud handful who are.

40.png
JonNC:
This is unfair to VFW Members everywhere.
My father fought in two wars and was a member, and I know other members, so I know what goes on there well enough to make the remark.

Not all VFW members are like that (my father wasn’t), but there’s a rather loud handful who are.
My comment was tongue-in-cheek.

I strongly disagree with the news criticizing Chris Wallace as the moderator. I think it’s hypocritical and I don’t think any person imagining themselves in the moderator’s shoes could say they would have done better.

The moderator can’t just stop the program and he can’t just mute the mics, and on top of that they were running on a tight schedule for 90 minutes, so that pretty much leaves him without options. What was he suppose to do? Run onto the stage and start tackling them? If they want the next debate to go better they either need to cross their fingers or they need to do something else to enforce the rules instead of asking the mod to do the impossible and then getting mad when the person doesn’t do it.

Last edited:

I’ve attended a few social gatherings at the local as an invited guest. I can attest to this as well.

Last edited:
Add 2-3 candidates, increase interruptions by a factor of 10, and you have the Canadian prime-ministerial debates.

I strongly disagree with the news criticizing Chris Wallace as the moderator. I think it’s hypocritical and I don’t think any person imagining themselves in the moderator’s shoes could say they would have done better.
I agree with you. The moderator has no control over the participants. At best the moderator can make requests and rely on the decency of the participants to comply with the requests.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back