Protestant? right

  • Thread starter Thread starter weichien
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
DESTROYED WITH FIRE

God had promised blessings to the Jews if they obeyed, Deut 28: 8 and seven curses if they disobeyed, verses 15 -20. God’s Covenant is effected by His Oath. The word “oath” is based on the word “seven.” And so the number “seven” represents the Covenant. In Leviticus he threatens to punish the Jews with fire if they break the Covenant.

Leviticus 26: 15-16, 27- 28
“…if you reject my precepts and spurn my decrees, refusing to obey all my commandments and breaking my covenant, then I…
(27) If, despite all this, you still persist in disobeying and defying me, I, also, will meet you with fiery defiance and will chastise you with sevenfold fiercer punishment for your sins…” (emphasis added)

It also had been prophesied that Jerusalem would be destroyed by fire in the following passages.

Ezekiel 16: 2-3, 35, 38, 41
" Son of man, make known to Jerusalem her abominations. Thus says the Lord GOD to Jerusalem … 35 Therefore, harlot, hear the word of the LORD! …
38 I will inflict on you the sentence of adulteresses and murderesses; I will wreak fury and jealousy upon you. … 41 They shall burn your apartments with fire and inflict punishments on you while many women look on. Thus I will put an end to your harlotry, and you shall never again give payment." NAB (emphasis added)

Ezekiel 23: 2-4, 17-19, 22-25, 44-47
" Son of man, there were two women, daughters of the same mother, who even as young girls played the harlot in Egypt. … (As for their names: Samaria is Oholah, and Jerusalem is Oholibah.) …
22 Therefore, Oholibah, thus says the Lord GOD: … 25 … They shall take away your sons and daughters, and what is left of you shall be devoured by fire. …
44 And indeed they did come to her as men come to a harlot. Thus they came to Oholah and Oholibah, the lewd women.
45 But just men shall punish them with the sentence meted out to adulteresses and murderesses, for they have committed adultery, and blood is on their hands.
… 47 The assembly shall stone them and hack them to pieces with their swords. They shall slay their sons and daughters, and burn their houses with fire." NAB (emphasis added)

Also see Lamentations 2:4, and 4:11. Ezekiel 19:12, 21:2-3, 22:19-21,

In John’s prophetic vision “Babylon” is also to be destroyed by fire.

Revelation 18: 8, 17
“Therefore, her plagues will come in one day, pestilence, grief, and famine;…
she will be consumed by fire. For mighty is the Lord God who judges her…
(17) In one hour this great wealth has been ruined.” Every captain of a ship, every traveler at sea, sailors, and seafaring merchants stood at a distance…"

Jerusalem had been a center for commercial trade. Jewish maps even depict it as the center of the world, but true to prophecy it had been completely destroyed by fire in 70 AD, whereas, Rome was only partially burned by Nero.

The burning of Jerusalem by fire also had theological significance. The City of Jerusalem is often referred to as a daughter.

Lamentations 2:15-18
" … They hiss and wag their heads over daughter Jerusalem:
‘Is this the all-beautiful city, the joy of the whole earth?’
…The LORD has done as he decreed: he has fulfilled the threat
He set forth from days of old; he has destroyed and had no pity,
…Cry out to the Lord; moan, O daughter Zion!" NAB

Unfaithfulness to God is frequently compared to sexual immorality.
The penalty for fornication by the daughter of the priest called for a special punishment. It was to be burned to death.

Leviticus 21:9 “A priest’s daughter who loses her honor by committing fornication and thereby dishonors her father also, shall be burned to death.” NAB

So, when Jerusalem was offered the grace to accept Christ, but instead rejected Him, she is referred to as the “Whore of Babylon” who is subsequently burnt to death.
 
HARLOT

Just as “Babylon” is referred to as a whore, a harlot. Jerusalem is also called a harlot.

Revelation 17:1
“Then one of the seven angels who were holding the seven bowls came and said to me, ‘Come here. I will show you the judgment on the great harlot…”

Ezekiel 16: 1-3, 26
“Thus the word of the LORD came to me: Son of man, make known to Jerusalem her abominations. Thus says the Lord GOD to Jerusalem: By origin and birth you are of the land of Canaan; your father was an Amorite and your mother a Hittite…
(26) You played the harlot with the Egyptians, your lustful neighbors, so many times that I was provoked to anger.”

Jeremiah 2:1-2, 17-20
“This word of the LORD came to me: Go, cry out this message for Jerusalem to hear! …
(17) Has not the forsaking of the LORD, your God, done this to you ? And now, why go to Egypt, to drink the waters of the Nile? Why go to Assyria, to drink the waters of the Euphrates ? Your own wickedness chastises you, your own infidelities punish you. Know then, and see, how evil and bitter is your forsaking the LORD, your God,
And showing no fear of me, says the Lord, the GOD of hosts. Long ago you broke your yoke, you tore off your bonds. ‘I will not serve,’ you said. On every high hill, under every green tree, you gave yourself to harlotry.”

Isaiah 1:1, 21
“The vision of Isaiah the son of Amoz, which he saw concerning Judah and Jerusalem in the days of Uzziah, Jotham, Ahaz, and Hezekiah, kings of Judah… (21) How the faithful city has become a harlot, she that was full of justice! Righteousness lodged in her, but now murderers.” RSV

Jeremiah 3:1-2,6-8
" ‘If a man divorces his wife and she goes from him and becomes another man’s wife,
will he return to her ? Would not that land be greatly polluted ? You have played the harlot with many lovers; and would you return to me ? says the Lord. Lift up your eyes to the bare heights, and see ! Where have you not been lain with ? By the waysides you have sat awaiting lovers like an Arab in the wilderness. You have polluted the land with your vile harlotry…’
(6) The Lord said to me in the days of King Josiah: ‘Have you seen what she did, that faithless one, Israel, how she went up on every high hill and under every green tree, and there played the harlot ? And I thought, “After she has done all this she will return to me;” but she did not return, and her false sister Judah saw it. She saw that for all the adulteries of that faithless one, Israel, I had sent her away with a decree of divorce; yet her false sister Judah did not fear, but she too went and played the harlot.’ " RSV

Jeremiah 5:1, 5-7
“Run to and fro through the streets of Jerusalem, look and take note ! Search her squares to see if you can find a man, one who does justice and seeks truth; that I may pardon her…
(5) I will go to the great, and will speak to them; for they know the way of the Lord,
the law of their God.” But they all alike had broken the yoke, they had burst the bonds. Therefore a lion from the forest shall slay them, a wolf from the desert shall destroy them. A leopard is watching against their cities, every one who goes out of them shall be torn in pieces; because their transgressions are many, their apostasies are great. ‘How can I pardon you ? Your children have forsaken me, and have sworn by those who are no gods. When I fed them to the full, they committed adultery and trooped to the houses of harlots.’ "
RSV

Ezekiel 23:1-5, 11, 17-19
"The word of the Lord came to me: ‘Son of man, there were two women, the daughters of one mother… Oholah was the name of the elder and Oholibah the name of her sister. They became mine, and they bore sons and daughters. As for their names, Oholah is Samaria, and Oholibah is Jerusalem. Oholah played the harlot while she was mine; and she doted on her lovers the Assyrians…
(11) Her sister Oholibah saw this, yet she was more corrupt than she in her doting and in her harlotry, which was worse than that of her sister…
(17) And the Babylonians came to her into the bed of love, and they defiled her with their lust; and after she was polluted by them, she turned from them in disgust. When she carried on her harlotry so openly and flaunted her nakedness, I turned in disgust from her, as I had turned from her sister. Yet she increased her harlotry, remembering the days of her youth, when she played the harlot in the land of Egypt.’ " RSV
 
ASSOCIATED WITH THE SCARLET BEAST

Compare the following verses. King Herod the Edomite, had falsely claimed to be King David’s successor. “Edom” means red, it referred to Esau’s successors. ] And not so coincidentally the beast in Revelation 17 is scarlet.

Revelation 17:1-3
“Then one of the seven angels who were holding the seven bowls came and said to me, ‘Come here. I will show you the judgment on the great harlot … Then he carried me away in spirit to a deserted place where I saw a woman seated on a scarlet beast that was covered with blasphemous names, with seven heads and ten horns.”

We see an evil relationship between the harlot, apostate Jerusalem, and the scarlet beast, King Herod, on whom she is seated. This evil alliance is confirmed in the Book of Acts.

Acts 4:26-28
" ‘The kings of the earth took their stand and the princes gathered together against the Lord and against his anointed.’ Indeed they gathered in this city against your holy servant Jesus whom you anointed, Herod and Pontius Pilate, together with the Gentiles and the peoples of Israel, to do what your hand and (your) will had long ago planned to take place."

Acts 12:1-3, 19, 21-23
“About that time King Herod laid hands upon some members of the church to harm them. He had James, the brother of John, killed by the sword, and when he saw that this was pleasing to the Jews he proceeded to arrest Peter also. (It was (the) feast of Unleavened Bread.) …
(19) Herod, after instituting a search but not finding him, ordered the guards tried and executed. Then he left Judea to spend some time in Caesarea…
(21) On an appointed day, Herod, attired in royal robes, (and) seated on the rostrum, addressed them publicly. The assembled crowd cried out, ‘This is the voice of a god, not of a man.’ At once the angel of the Lord struck him down because he did not ascribe the honor to God, and he was eaten by worms and breathed his last.”

A reading of the Book of Acts will show many examples of the particular Jewish leaders of that time attacking the Christians. For example, Acts 7: 54 -60, 14: 4-6, 19 and 17: 5 -7. Jesus had prophesied in John 16:2 that His followers would be kicked out of the synagogue.
 
LIVED NEAR THE MANY WATERS

The harlot is said to live near the many waters.

Revelation 17:1-3
“Then one of the seven angels who were holding the seven bowls came and said to me, ‘Come here. I will show you the judgment on the great harlot who lives near the many waters. The kings of the earth have had intercourse with her, and the inhabitants of the earth became drunk on the wine of her harlotry.’ Then he carried me away in spirit to a deserted place where I saw a woman seated on a scarlet beast that was covered with blasphemous names, with seven heads and ten horns.”

First Figurative Meaning:

Revelation 17:15 “And he said to me, “The waters that you saw, where the harlot is seated, are peoples and multitudes and nations and tongues.”

Second Figurative Meaning:

Jesus had been crucified just outside the city of Jerusalem. When His side was pierced with the sword out flowed water and blood. The water represents the waters of Baptism, through which God gives us saving grace and eternal life. The blood which flowed from His side is a reference to the Blood that He offered at the Last Supper, the Eucharist. Cf. John 6: 54

John 7:37-38 "… Jesus stood up and exclaimed, ‘Let anyone who thirsts come to me and drink. Whoever believes in me, as scripture says: “Rivers of living water will flow from within him.” ’ "

Literal meaning:

Some individuals try to associate the phrase, “lives near the many waters” in Revelation 17 with the city of Rome by pointing out that Jerusalem was not on the coast. However, neither is the city of Rome on the coast. The “lives near the many waters” could also have a literal reference to the fact that within Palestine, and not to far from Jerusalem, Herod had built the man made port of Caesarea and dedicated it to the Caesar.
 
“BABYLON” HAS SOVEREIGNTY OVER THE NATIONS
Code:
    Revelation 17:18
    "The woman whom you saw represents the great city that has sovereignty over the kings of the earth."

    Jerusalem, who had the role to bring God’s law to the rest of the nations, had a spiritual sovereignty over all the nations.

    Psalm 2:6-9
    " ‘I myself have installed my king on Zion, my holy mountain.’   I will proclaim the decree of the LORD, who said to me, ‘You are my son; today I am your father.   Only ask it of me, and I will make your inheritance the nations, your possession the ends of the earth.   With an iron rod you shall shepherd them, like a clay pot you will shatter them.’ "
     

     

    MY  PEOPLE

     

    And a very important verse is Revelation 18: 4

    Revelation 18:4
    "Then I heard another voice from heaven saying,
    ‘Come out of her, my people,
    lest you take part in her sins,
    lest you share in her plagues ...’ "

    God said, "Come out of her, my people …"

    Who does  "my people"   refer to and where are they at ?   These are the important questions.  The term "my people"  is the key.

    Jeremiah 31:31-33
    The days are coming, says the LORD, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and the house of Judah.  .. .. .. I will be their God, and they shall be my people.

    The term  "my people"   is covenant language.  It is a reference of people who were in a covenant relationship with God.    This becomes even more evident when we examine just what it means to be in a covenant.  A covenant is very different than a contract.  A covenant is as different from a contract as marriage is different from prostitution.  In a contract two people exchanges goods and services.  "This becomes yours and that becomes mine,"  or  "I will do this for you and you will do that for me."  However, contracts can be broken.

    A covenant is an exchange of persons.  "I will become yours and you will become mine."

    Ezekiel 37: 26-27   "I will make a covenant of peace with them; it shall be an everlasting covenant with them; and I will bless them and multiply them, and will set my sanctuary in the midst of them for evermore.  My dwelling place shall be with them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people."

    The important question here is, where were many of God’s people when John wrote this Book ?  They were still in the Old Covenant, in old worldly Jerusalem and God wanted them to leave that and come into the New Covenant.   God could refer to them as "my people" because they were in His Old Covenant.  The good becomes the enemy of the best if it causes you to reject the best.

    Hebrews 13:12-14
    "Therefore, Jesus also suffered outside the gate, to consecrate the people by his own blood.   Let us then go to him outside the camp, bearing the reproach that he bore.    For here we have no lasting city, but we seek the one that is to come."         NAB
 
CONCLUSION

The descendants of Abraham through Isaac and Jacob [Israel] are God’s chosen people. He has chosen to reveal Himself through them and through the Jewish Messiah that was born to Mary, Jesus. By the covenants that God has made with this chosen race He has made them His “firstborn,” and through them God’s plan for salvation is made known. [Cf. Psalm 89:28, John 4:22] They illustrate the two paths that mankind can choose, good and evil. There are many examples in this chosen race of holy faith and virtuous living made possible by the grace of God that are revealed for us to emulate. And there are examples of mankind at his worst that are also revealed to us as a warning. One such example is the Jewish leaders of 33 - 70 AD who rejected Truth, Beauty, Love, that is, God Himself. And so, the Whore of Babylon is a code name for the corrupt Jerusalem of the 33 - 70 AD time period, upon whom God’s judgment fell.

As a side note: a significant number of the Jews in Jerusalem had converted to Christianity. However, when 2.1 million Jews were slaughtered in Jerusalem in 70 AD none of the Christians that had lived there were killed. They had escaped by leaving Jerusalem before the Romans came. They had been forewarned in the Bible to get out of there.

The Revelation I just quoted is from Scott Hahn, and his interpretation of the Whore of Babylon makes more sense than claiming that the Catholic Church is the harlot…or Babylon…
 
Give me the name of 3 other cities knows as the City on Seven Hills.
Several…some right here in the U.S.
Lets look at some other things. 1. Cast dust on their Heads. What other religion cast dust on their heads. We due it on Ash Wednesday.
Judaism, not to mention the people of Nineveh.
  1. Clothed in Purple and Scarlett (Official colors of the Bishops and Cardinals)
And other clergy as well.
  1. Kings have fornicated with her. Rome is known for trading just about everything.
Non sequitur…so has most of the earth and the U.S. or China way more than Rome.
  1. Drunken with the blood of the saints and prophets
Oh NOEES! Sounds like Jerusalem according to Our Lord Himself.
  1. Known as the Mother of Harlots. What is a harlot? A female prostitute. This is completely the opposite of the virgin church of Christ with Christ being the Bridegroom. Why mother? A woman is know to be a mother once she has children. The Catholic Church is known as the Mother Church.The daughters are the Protestant denominations that branched off from her.
Pure supposition not in evidence in any passage of the Word of God.
There are a couple other things. The point is you could dismiss or pass onto other cities some possible, but what are the chances of such a beautiful match.
Plenty, as I’ve already shown.
Take the City on Seven Hills, whether it’s the name or nickname, how many are in the world.
Irrelevent… there are too many for anyone to validly claim that this applies to the Vatican and the Vatican is not part of the city on 7 hills…or did you miss that geographic fact.
Now subtract the cities whose official colors are Purple and scarlett. Do we have anything left?
Plenty…The Vatican’s colors are not purple and red.
Now the first beast that comes up out of the water is clothed in White, has a bow with no arrows, and a crown on its head. A horse is symbolic of doctrine.
According to who? You? Some n-C or a-C preacher? More supposition…which in fact is more conjecture than anything else. All without a fact to stand on.
Who could this possibly be? I do know that the staff that the Pope carries is also called a bow.
Dead wrong again. The word is “Bo” and it is the Japanese/Okinawan word for “stick” as in the kind that karate styles teach. (I know. I am a black belt.) The Pope’s staff is called a Crozier.
Take the latin inscription on the Popes crown and calculate the number. It’s amazing how the number calculates out to 666. Not enough?
Garbage, this is anti-Catholic propaganda without the slightest factual basis.
  1. The Pope doesn’t wear a “crown” and his Mitre has nothing inscribed on it. (Look up “the Donation of Constantine” for the refutation of that.)
  2. Ellen G. White’s name adds up to 666 for real, but I guess you missed that huh?
I know in Catholic teaching
there is the teaching of a corrupt openthat is to come. Nope, wrong again!. It’s a private revelation that no one is required to believe. In fact, I’m unsure if it was approved by the church.
Jesus told John at the beginning of Revelations that blessed are those that read and understand this prophecy.
If you’re asserting that you do, based on what I’ve refuted so far I’d have to question that.
I’m just keeping my eyes open and hanging on to every last word I hear the priest say.
I can’t tell.
In the Bible timeline someone big comes around every two thousand years: 4000 bc - Adam, 2000 bc - Abraham, 2 bc - Christ, 2000 ad - Who bigger than the coming Messiah?
So says you? This sounds like more n-C influence supposition. I know for a fact that the Catholic Church doesn’t teach it.
So many signs are there, you just have to be willing to see them.
Or… more accurately said, if one is willing to buy into the teachings of men who draw conclusions where there are none and oppose the church that Our Lord actually founded and who has maintained and preserved the full deposit of faith.

I was n-C for over 34 years. As the Who song says. “We Don’t Get Fooled Again.”.
Pax Domini sit semper vobiscum.
 
Give me the name of 3 other cities known as the City on Seven Hills. Lets look at some other things. 1. Cast dust on their heads. What other religion cast dust on their heads? We do it on Ash Wednesday. 2. Clothed in Purple and Scarlett (Official colors of the Bishops and Cardinals) 3. Kings have fornicated with her. Rome is known for trading just about everything with the kings and leaders of the world. 4. Drunken with the blood of the saints and prophets. How many people has the church killed in the name of God 5. Known as the Mother of Harlots. What is a harlot? A female prostitute. This is completely the opposite of the virgin church of Christ with Christ being the Bridegroom. Why mother? A woman is known to be a mother once she has children. The Catholic Church is known as the Mother Church. The daughters are the Protestant denominations that branched off from her. There are a couple other things. The point is you could dismiss or pass onto other cities some of the signs, but what are the chances of such a beautiful match. Take the City on Seven Hills, whether it’s the name or nickname, how many are in the world? Now subtract the cities whose official colors are purple and scarlett. Do we have any left?
Now the first beast that comes up out of the water is clothed in white, has a bow with no arrows, and a crown on its head. A horse is symbolic of doctrine. Who could this possibly be? I do know that the staff that the Pope carries is also called a bow, he’s clothed in white, and wears a crown. Take the latin inscription on the Popes crown and calculate the number. It’s amazing how the number calculates out to 666. Not enough? I know in Catholic teaching there is a prophecized corrupt Pope to come.
Jesus told John at the beginning of Revelations that blessed are those that read and understand this prophecy. I’m just keeping my eyes open and hanging on to every last word I hear the priest say. Do I believe our priest is part of the corruption, no. I’m hoping that the Catholic Church in the US decides to branch off from the Vatican. I heard it was a possiblity. In the Biblical timeline someone big comes around every two thousand years: 4000 bc - Adam, 2000 bc - Abraham, 2 bc - Christ, 2000 ad - Who bigger than the coming Messiah? So many signs are there, you just have to be willing to see them.
You need to stop getting your Scripture studies from Jack T. Chick. The inscription on the Pope’s crown? Utter nonsense: that supposed inscription was never there. Never. The city whose colors are purple and scarlet? Um: the Vatican’s flag is white and gold.

This is unspeakable drivel.

If you are Catholic, I am Marie of Romania.
 
Can you show me a passage of scripture that speaks of “accepting Christ”? I don’t think you can because there isn’t one. I suggest that you read the parable of the wheat and tares and sower and the seed.
Matthew 7:21-29
"Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father in heaven. On that day many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many deeds of power in your name?’ Then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; go away from me, you evildoers.’

John 8:24 Some use “unless” instead of “except,” but the passage meaning is the same.
Parallel Translations
Concordance Entries Believe Claim Death Die Except Faith Indeed Overtake Reason Sins Unless

John 8:24​

NASB: “Therefore I said to you that you will die in your sins; for unless you believe that I am [He], you will die in your sins.” (NASB ©1995)​

GWT: For this reason I told you that you’ll die because of your sins. If you don’t believe that I am the one, you’ll die because of your sins." (GOD’S WORD®)​

KJV: I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.​

ASV: I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for except ye believe that I am he , ye shall die in your sins.​

BBE: For this reason I said to you that death will overtake you in your sins: for if you have not faith that I am he, death will come to you while you are in your sins.​

DBY: I said therefore to you, that ye shall die in your sins; for unless ye shall believe that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.​

WEY: That is why I told you that you will die in your sins; for, unless you believe that I am He, that is what will happen."​

WBS: I said therefore to you, that ye will die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye will die in your sins.​

WEB: I said therefore to you that you will die in your sins; for unless you believe that I am he, you will die in your sins."​

YLT: I said, therefore, to you, that ye shall die in your sins, for if ye may not believe that I am [he], ye shall die in your sins.’

The parable of the wheat and the tares. I like that one. It speaks of the end times (Revelations 14 I believe, could be confusing it for I’m pretty tired and not looking). I believe this one speaks of Jesus separating those believers and non-believers at the final judgement. And then the tares are thrown into the lake of fire.

Now please quit wasting my time, I don’t make the stuff up!
 
Give me the name of 3 other cities knows as the City on Seven Hills. Lets look at some other things. 1. Cast dust on their Heads. What other religion cast dust on their heads. We due it on Ash Wednesday. 2. Clothed in Purple and Scarlett (Official colors of the Bishops and Cardinals) 3. Kings have fornicated with her. Rome is known for trading just about everything. 4. Drunken with the blood of the saints and prophets 5. Known as the Mother of Harlots. What is a harlot? A female prostitute. This is completely the opposite of the virgin church of Christ with Christ being the Bridegroom. Why mother? A woman is know to be a mother once she has children. The Catholic Church is known as the Mother Church. The daughters are the Protestant denominations that branched off from her. There are a couple other things. The point is you could dismiss or pass onto other cities some possible, but what are the chances of such a beautiful match. Take the City on Seven Hills, whether it’s the name or nickname, how many are in the world. Now subtract the cities whose official colors are Purple and scarlett. Do we have anything left? Now the first beast that comes up out of the water is clothed in White, has a bow with no arrows, and a crown on its head. A horse is symbolic of doctrine. Who could this possibly be? I do know that the staff that the Pope carries is also called a bow. Take the latin inscription on the Popes crown and calculate the number. It’s amazing how the number calculates out to 666. Not enough? I know in Catholic teaching there is the teaching of a corrupt Pope that is to come.
Jesus told John at the beginning of Revelations that blessed are those that read and understand this prophecy. I’m just keeping my eyes open and hanging on to every last word I hear the priest say. In the Bible timeline someone big comes around every two thousand years: 4000 bc - Adam, 2000 bc - Abraham, 2 bc - Christ, 2000 ad - Who bigger than the coming Messiah? So many signs are there, you just have to be willing to see them.
I can’t speak for all protestants, but many of us are waiting for the rapture. This is not the 2nd coming but a moment when Jesus comes in the clouds and takes his bride like a thief in the night right before the great tribulation. This may happen any time now. We’re at the 2000 year mark and it has also been 40 years after Israel became a complete nation.

You forgot to mention that the whore will be severely punished for her sins.

Rev 18:4
And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.
 
Not one of those passages says word one about “accepting Christ”.

I told you it wasn’t there. :rolleyes:

Yeah, you’re wasting your time alright.

Oh…and so far as I can tell from your last post…you DO make this stuff up…or borrow it whole hog from some non-Catholic.anti-Catholic source.
 
I can’t speak for all protestants, but many of us are waiting for the rapture. This is not the 2nd coming but a moment when Jesus comes in the clouds and takes his bride like a thief in the night right before the great tribulation. This may happen any time now. We’re at the 2000 year mark and it has also been 40 years after Israel became a complete nation.

You forgot to mention that the whore will be severely punished for her sins.

Rev 18:4
And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.
And there is not one shred of evidence that any of that applies to the Catholic Church.

I defy you to prove that it does.
Pax tecum,
 
Several…some right here in the U.S.
Judaism, not to mention the people of Nineveh.
And other clergy as well.Non sequitur…so has most of the earth and the U.S. or China way more than Rome.
Oh NOEES! Sounds like Jerusalem according to Our Lord Himself.Pure supposition not in evidence in any passage of the Word of God.Plenty, as I’ve already shown.Irrelevent… there are too many for anyone to validly claim that this applies to the Vatican and the Vatican is not part of the city on 7 hills…or did you miss that geographic fact.
Plenty…The Vatican’s colors are not purple and red.According to who? You? Some n-C or a-C preacher? More supposition…which in fact is more conjecture than anything else. All without a fact to stand on.Dead wrong again. The word is “Bo” and it is the Japanese/Okinawan word for “stick” as in the kind that karate styles teach. (I know. I am a black belt.) The Pope’s staff is called a Crozier.
Garbage, this is anti-Catholic propaganda without the slightest factual basis.
  1. The Pope doesn’t wear a “crown” and his Mitre has nothing inscribed on it. (Look up “the Donation of Constantine” for the refutation of that.)
  2. Ellen G. White’s name adds up to 666 for real, but I guess you missed that huh? Nope, wrong again!. It’s a private revelation that no one is required to believe. In fact, I’m unsure if it was approved by the church.
    If you’re asserting that you do, based on what I’ve refuted so far I’d have to question that.I can’t tell.So says you? This sounds like more n-C influence supposition. I know for a fact that the Catholic Church doesn’t teach it.Or… more accurately said, if one is willing to buy into the teachings of men who draw conclusions where there are none and oppose the church that Our Lord actually founded and who has maintained and preserved the full deposit of faith.
I was n-C for over 34 years. As the Who song says. “We Don’t Get Fooled Again.”.
Pax Domini sit semper vobiscum.
What is the possiblity that all these signs can fit more than one city? That’s the issue, everything fits Rome. My 1902 Bible (purchased to see if the actual name Israel appeared in it and it did) and Bible commentaries all mention the same exact city. It definitely cannot be Jerusalem for God put his name there, not to mention it doesn’t sit on seven hills. If you were to take all the cities in the world, past and present, add them together, and raise it to the power of how many signs, the number would be 1 in how many billions or trillions?
 
And there is not one shred of evidence that any of that applies to the Catholic Church.

I defy you to prove that it does.
Pax tecum,
Unfortunately, we’re only given clues about the whore. Shawn has posted them. I suppose the only proof would be to wake up one day and find out that many people have vanished.

The flip side to your argument, is that you have not one shred of proof that it isn’t.
 
I can’t speak for all protestants, but many of us are waiting for the rapture. This is not the 2nd coming but a moment when Jesus comes in the clouds and takes his bride like a thief in the night right before the great tribulation. This may happen any time now. We’re at the 2000 year mark and it has also been 40 years after Israel became a complete nation.

You forgot to mention that the whore will be severely punished for her sins.

Rev 18:4
And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.
The whore is Jerusalem because for one she rejected her Messiah. Jesus lamented for Jerusalem. How do we know that the whore is Jerusalem.

Read this passage, Revelation 11:8
“Their corpses will lie in the main street of the great city, which has the symbolic names ‘Sodom’ and ‘Egypt,’ where indeed their Lord was crucified.”

Where was the Lord crucified? Jerusalem, not Rome.
 
What is the possiblity that all these signs can fit more than one city?
That’s the issue, everything fits Rome. My 1902 Bible (purchased to see if the actual name Israel appeared in it and it did) and Bible commentaries all mention the same exact city. It definitely cannot be Jerusalem for God put his name there, not to mention it doesn’t sit on seven hills. If you were to take all the cities in the world, past and present, add them together, and raise it to the power of how many signs, the number would be 1 in how many billions or trillions?Quite a great deal actually. I just showed you that you are dead wrong. What part did you miss?

You’re projecting and wrong again. You are forcing your own (or someone else’s) interpretation onto the passages that you cite.

If you really are a Catholic, then you are all messed up.
Pax tecum,
 
The whore is Jerusalem because for one she rejected her Messiah. Jesus lamented for Jerusalem. How do we know that the whore is Jerusalem.

Read this passage, Revelation 11:8
“Their corpses will lie in the main street of the great city, which has the symbolic names ‘Sodom’ and ‘Egypt,’ where indeed their Lord was crucified.”

Where was the Lord crucified? Jerusalem, not Rome.
[SIGN]Pwned![/SIGN]

[SIGN]Way to go Manny![/SIGN]
 
Unfortunately, we’re only given clues about the whore. Shawn has posted them. I suppose the only proof would be to wake up one day and find out that many people have vanished.

The flip side to your argument, is that you have not one shred of proof that it isn’t.
As much as I like to refute your remarks, I lack the time since I will be going to bed.

The only way to understand who the harlot is to read this.

members.aol.com/johnprh/whore2.html It has tons of Biblical support that refute that Vatican is the harlot.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top