J
Joe_5859
Guest
Ohio. We’d rather be in Illinois, though, as we’re both from there. Someday…Oh yeah? Where do you both live, may I ask? Wow…7 years. It is hard to explain, isn’t it?![]()
Ohio. We’d rather be in Illinois, though, as we’re both from there. Someday…Oh yeah? Where do you both live, may I ask? Wow…7 years. It is hard to explain, isn’t it?![]()
With the way IL is financially and politically, many times I don’t want to be hereOhio. We’d rather be in Illinois, though, as we’re both from there. Someday…![]()
Mainly we miss being closer to family and friends. I suppose we could move back, but we’re just sort of waiting for the right job to come along. We’re not unhappy where we’re at, which is probably why our search hasn’t been that active.Joe…not meaning to put you on the spot…but what do you miss about IL? Ohio is pretty cool. Reminds me of Pgh. lol Why can’t you move back?
Indeed! There are definitely some things I don’t miss.With the way IL is financially and politically, many times I don’t want to be here![]()
Yes, you are right. Your analysis skills are coming in handy today.Yes, I have zero experience in such things, but it doesn’t seem to me that submission is the issue here.It’s not you vs husband (he seems to be totally on your side, by the way), it’s how you feel about both places.
Awww…you raised a good one there! That is adorable!*something sweet my daughter just said on the phone
She called me from home and we talked. She said…‘I talked to daddy and he said you were crying?’’ I said…’‘yeah…’’ She knew the reason from my husband, and we talked about old memories. I said…’‘wouldn’t it be great if God could create a time machine?’’ She said…’‘God doesn’t want us to go back in time…He wants us to move forward to heaven. Life is just about getting to heaven, mommy.’’
I didn’t know what to say.*
*I know, she made me cry (more) needless to say. I love my kids to pieces.Awww…you raised a good one there! That is adorable!![]()
:bowdown: Wisdom should be your middle name, kage_arTake it from me, do not ever ask your husband to move, to leave his career. Men are designed to be the hunters, to ask him to give up his ability to provide will be a blow to his sense of self.
Don’t ask him to leave a good job. Just wait and pray.
Desires can be backbreakers. He really desires to make you happy. I understand this.But, I still find myself missing Pittsburgh. I just do. I loved it there…so my question is…in discussing this with my husband over the past year, he said…’‘whatever you would like to do, I’m all for it…I want everyone to be happy.’’ Okay. Now, that we are growing closer to potentially moving next year…he has had a change of opinion. He said last night…’‘why do you want to go back there? With all that snow, I just don’t see the sense in moving back to all of those long winters.’’ (My kids and I like snow, not 5 months of it, but we like it–dh hates it) He also names other reasons he doesn’t want to go back…he has developed a nice career here at Disney, and he’d have to start over somewhere else, etc…that makes sense. But, I said…’‘where is your sense of adventure?’’He said…’‘I’m a realist.’’
![]()
Can I trade for a while? You do a great job raising kids!*something sweet my daughter just said on the phone
She called me from home and we talked. She said…‘I talked to daddy and he said you were crying?’’ I said…’‘yeah…’’ She knew the reason from my husband, and we talked about old memories. I said…’‘wouldn’t it be great if God could create a time machine?’’ She said…’‘God doesn’t want us to go back in time…He wants us to move forward to heaven. Life is just about getting to heaven, mommy.’’
I didn’t know what to say.*
Aw, you are so sweet. Other than not doing chores when asked at times…they are pretty darn good kids…dh and I are blessed.Can I trade for a while? You do a great job raising kids!
You are probably right about the 5 years thing. Truthfully, thinking it through, it’s not so much that Florida is ‘‘bad’’ per se…I have found a lot of positives. It’s that I look back to all the memories in Pgh, and perhaps just wish I hadn’t taken those times for granted. I think back to all our friends…and think, wow I miss those people…I didn’t realize how blessed we were to have such great neighbors and friends.:bowdown: Wisdom should be your middle name, kage_ar
WG… it takes a good 5 years for those “roots” to completely pick up. And at this point? You might go back and find “you can’t ever go home.” I like going back to my roots, but I find it’s not home anymore. I’d move, but for my wife, this is home now. It’s off the table, but if I chose to move? She’d go. We’d work it out somehow.
Desires can be backbreakers. He really desires to make you happy. I understand this.
Just curious… who’s desire was it to move to Florida?
*I hadn’t thought of that at all, purple. That is a good point, about SAD. I also think it’s interesting your point about my kids and their friends. We went to our old church parish’s summer festival when we visited last year, and my daughter said that her friends (who we bumped into there) and her ‘‘still got along,’’ but ‘‘they had changed.’’ She said…’‘but I’m not the same girl I was either mommy as I was in 5th grade.’’ So, you are so right…going ‘‘back’’ doesn’t mean you can go back to that time you have placed in your memory bank when life was one particular way that you recall it to be. Good points! *Could your husband suffer from Seasonal Affective Disorder? He may not even realize it. Some people do just “dislike” the weather in the north, some people tolerate it, some people are VERY adversly affected by it. Guys, especally, try not to let this show. Also, diseses like arthritis are much more prevelent in the north due to the cold.
In that case your “happiness” and desire to move to PA isn’t worth his mental health.
I’ve known kids who hated to be uprooted as teenagers. However it was FAR harder to move “back” the crowd that they had hung out with didn’t exist and the peer pressures of the groups tended to lend themselvs to the bad becuase the “bad” kids were the only open to welcoming the kids back.
Indeed! God bless the entire whateverfamily.Awww…you raised a good one there! That is adorable!![]()

Agreed. I was like, “que?”Awww…you raised a good one there! That is adorable!![]()
You help so many of us…it is about time we got to return the favor! :grouphug:*Thank you everyone for your help today…you are such good people. :grouphug: