Both sides are right
The rich do need to pay their fair share, and not have so many loopholes.
Welfare does need reform, and often doesnāt really help those who use it.
Folks like us canāt get help when we need it. Weāve paid taxes most years weāve been married. We make just too much for EIC, or any kind of help at all (other than medical for our minor children). But not enough to pay for all we need.
I love to volunteer at the homeless shelter, and the soup kitchen! But I admit, it does annoy me a bit to see folks who I know get govāt assistance, who have nicer clothes and toys than my family

They can get food stamps, WIC, and free breakfast/lunch for their kids, and those who work get nothing. I watch people come in and buy ice cream and shakes on food stamps, and wish I could afford to treat my children to ice cream.
I once had a social worker tell me I should get pregnant or divorced, then she would be able to help us.
Personal responsibility has to be balanced with dignity. I wish I knew how to do that. Because I know that a lot of good people are hurting right now.