Ryan: Obama 'sowing social unrest'

  • Thread starter Thread starter Caldera
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
:rotfl: Saul Alinski “invented” the concept of demonizing your opponent when Rove was just a kid. The Democrats have been using his playbook since the 60s.
More than that. Alinsky held that there are not enough poor people in America to mount a successful revolution, and that enough of the middle class needed to be persuaded that they are “oppressed” by the “rich” in order to swell the numbers of the discontented and lead them to believe that only government could extricate them from that “oppression”. Obama learned his lesson well, because virtually everything he says or does is calculated to that end.
 
I’ve never read anything by Ayn Rand, nor do I know anything about Objectivism. I do agree with what Paul -]Rand/-] Ryan is saying. Paul -]Rand /-]Ryan is Catholic. Do you know for a fact that he espouses Objectivism, or is that just a label you use for anyone who is against big greedy government?
Sorry, I just noticed the error.
 
How is it unreasonable to conclude that civil rights are worthless if one is killed before they can even care about those rights?
Problem is, gubernova hasn’t been engaging in any reasonable arguments. He/she has been throwing out accusations and not backing them up with solid sources. Hasn’t read or debated any points made, and basically decided we weren’t taking care of the poor just because we don’t believe in government “charity.” Of course, he knows nothing about what we do in our private lives to help the poor.

There was a very interesting interview with Paul Ryan on NPR this morning. I’m hoping he gets picked for VP. That man has a fantastic mind and presence.

npr.org/templates/rundowns/rundown.php?prgId=3

Hopefully they will have a written summary of the interview later.
 
Problem is, gubernova hasn’t been engaging in any reasonable arguments. He/she has been throwing out accusations and not backing them up with solid sources. Hasn’t read or debated any points made, and basically decided we weren’t taking care of the poor just because we don’t believe in government “charity.” Of course, he knows nothing about what we do in our private lives to help the poor.

There was a very interesting interview with Paul Ryan on NPR this morning. I’m hoping he gets picked for VP. That man has a fantastic mind and presence.

npr.org/templates/rundowns/rundown.php?prgId=3

Hopefully they will have a written summary of the interview later.
I find that many people are unaware that we are free to agree/disagree on the best way to combat poverty. However, you slice it, abortion is wrong.
 
Problem is, gubernova hasn’t been engaging in any reasonable arguments. He/she has been throwing out accusations and not backing them up with solid sources. Hasn’t read or debated any points made, and basically decided we weren’t taking care of the poor just because we don’t believe in government “charity.” Of course, he knows nothing about what we do in our private lives to help the poor.

.
Jesus called US to help the poor. However (and please correct me if I am wrong) I do not recall Jesus calling the government to do that. Without doubt feeding and clothing the poor is not just a suggestion–it is a mandate and we must help.
 
Jesus called US to help the poor. However (and please correct me if I am wrong) I do not recall Jesus calling the government to do that. Without doubt feeding and clothing the poor is not just a suggestion–it is a mandate and we must help.
I read an article in last week’s Our Sunday Visitor that in order for the Church to be able to take over from the government, every parishioner would have to donate $50.00/week. My first thought was how it must cost us to fund the government to carry out entitlements for the poor.

I can’t post a link, because the OSV is not available on line.
 
I read an article in last week’s Our Sunday Visitor that in order for the Church to be able to take over from the government, every parishioner would have to donate $50.00/week. My first thought was how it must cost us to fund the government to carry out entitlements for the poor.

I can’t post a link, because the OSV is not available on line.
I haven’t seen all the figures, but my guess is that they are exaggerating. If you take the amount spent by the federal government on entitlements, you would need to cut a huge chunk out for the costs of bureaucracy. We can do things much more efficiently on the local level.

That said getting from here to there is not so easy. The populace has a pavlovian conditioning to expect something from the government.
 
I haven’t seen all the figures, but my guess is that they are exaggerating. If you take the amount spent by the federal government on entitlements, you would need to cut a huge chunk out for the costs of bureaucracy. We can do things much more efficiently on the local level.

That said getting from here to there is not so easy. The populace has a pavlovian conditioning to expect something from the government.
I haven’t finished the article, but that’s what I thought too.
 
As a person who is just a couple years away from retirement, I fear Paul Ryan far more than any other politician.

Jim
 
As a person who is just a couple years away from retirement, I fear Paul Ryan far more than any other politician.

Jim
As an American of any age or demographic, I fear Barack Obama more than any other politician.
 
I read an article in last week’s Our Sunday Visitor that in order for the Church to be able to take over from the government, every parishioner would have to donate $50.00/week. My first thought was how it must cost us to fund the government to carry out entitlements for the poor.

I can’t post a link, because the OSV is not available on line.
That is fascinating considering many Catholics could give a lot more, and many a lot less.

111111111111111111111
 
As a person who is just a couple years away from retirement, I fear Paul Ryan far more than any other politician.

Jim
As many public’s service employees are finding out the real problem is state governments that have made promises they could not keep, not those like Paul Ryan, who want to bring fiscal responsibility to retirement systems, including Social Security, that are unsustainable
 
As a person who is just a couple years away from retirement, I fear Paul Ryan far more than any other politician.

Jim
I don’t think the Ryan plan affected people over 50. Regardless of age or political lean, I think anyone can see our retirement system is failing, and will be insolvent before many need to use it.
 
If America continues the way of Greece, and continues with trillion dollar deficits, it doesn’t matter who is calling the shots. Retirement won’t be golden years for anybody.

Paul Ryan is interested in taking the correct measures to actually save the economy, and thereby save some kind of meaningful social safety net that only a functioning economy will be able to provide. Not just Obama, but the Democratic party in general, have no plan, but only class war rhetoric that ratchets up the fear of the meek and the dependent.

Germany can bail Greece out, and maybe much of the rest of Europe too. Nobody can do that for America. Paul Ryan speaks to the truth of the situation, and is therefore unpleasant to hear. Obama speaks to people’s wishes and hopes and dreams, as if just closing one’s eyes and really, really wishing for all that is nice and pleasant and warm in this world will really, really make it come true.

It is pure fantasy to think that one percent can support the ninety-nine, that the energy industry can be neglected and shut down and the whole country will become green in both money and trees, and everybody will live happily ever after.

Now the baby boomer generation is nearing retirement age, and still they have not grown up to the fact that there is a real world out there that cannot be wished into whatever we might want it to be.

Its crunch time now. Good luck with that.
 
I don’t think the Ryan plan affected people over 50. Regardless of age or political lean, I think anyone can see our retirement system is failing, and will be insolvent before many need to use it.
Who cares about them. I want to make sure I get mine. 👍
 
As many public’s service employees are finding out the real problem is state governments that have made promises they could not keep, not those like Paul Ryan, who want to bring fiscal responsibility to retirement systems, including Social Security, that are unsustainable
Social Security works fine.

Let Paul Ryan figure out how to pay for it if he allows young people to opt out of it.

Jim
 
I don’t think the Ryan plan affected people over 50. Regardless of age or political lean, I think anyone can see our retirement system is failing, and will be insolvent before many need to use it.
The current system isn’t failing, I know many people living on SS benefits.

My own son lives on disability benefits, which Ryan would end if he had the choice.

Thank God Ryan doesn’t have that choice.

Jim
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top