Saying our goodbyes

• Thread starter Thread starter Pattylt
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi NevermoreLenore,
When I saw the number limit, I chose to focus on people I miss from CAF-some of the old guard whom I no longer run into.
Please know that I have read your posts as I have encountered them and thought about them. You come at things from a different angle than I do and I have appreciated interacting with your ideas and perspective.
You have been a gift to me and I do not take that for granted.
Thank you.
jt

Yes the limit of ten means that everyone would be posting all day to mention everyone who has enriched CAF with their presence.

@NevermoreLenore may have put the case for the valuable quiet majority of CAF members…
The fact that she was/is emotionally very hurt, possibly speaks to how many may have felt over the years, not because they are not valuable or valued, but because some of us bounce around the forums more recognizably, or have frequented the more popular sub-forums.
Her comments do alert us to be more aware of those who may feel or have felt overlooked. None of those specifically mentioned wishes or intends for any member to feel less appreciated.

@Pattylt I’ve noticed you have a very positive and generous way of viewing others. 💐

Okay, folks. I hope I’ve done it right. If you want, click this link and if interested then bookmark it as a place to keep in touch with CAF folk (especially ones who may be taking a break from forums for the time being). Again, as @Freddy said it’s just a drop box to post and say where you are and what you’re doing. I might update that post as needed to add links and such if they come about.

Last edited:
Okay, I have to say it. 200+ and I didn’t get a single shoutout–and if one appears after I post this I’ll know it’s only because I’m saying this. It’s stupid but my feelings are hurt. It’s stupid because I still feel like the quiet weird girl in the corner, who no one understands or cares for.
I understand.
I have to confess to similar feelings.

WHOA… 😲 I haven’t been here much at all, and not in quite in awhile, so if I hadn’t just been thinking perhaps I need to start spending more time in the company of other Catholics online for encouragement during these difficult times, I wouldn’t have seen the announcement that CAF is going to end!

I had been a pretty regular participant on CAF before the change to this different software which I don’t find user friendly. NaNoWriMo went to it a couple years ago and now I don’t go there much either. But no matter - I’m still sad to learn CAF will be ending regardless of the format… 💔

I’ve made an account at Ave Maria Radio Forums with this username. I hope to be more active over there as it’s in the more traditionally structured message board format that I prefer. Maybe some of you would be interested in it as well.

https://forums.avemariaradio.net/

God bless you all this Advent and into Christmas season and the new year.

Okay, I have to say it. 200+ and I didn’t get a single shoutout–and if one appears after I post this I’ll know it’s only because I’m saying this. It’s stupid but my feelings are hurt. It’s stupid because I still feel like the quiet weird girl in the corner, who no one understands or cares for.
In your case I know I’ll be seeing you.

I knew her (the Forum) all too briefly. I see her as a fine and faithful Ship with a fine and faithful Crew. May she rest in peace under the serene Waves of time…

I didn’t make a whole lot of friends on here, and my presence was pretty sporadic, but I just hope that I pitched in my fair share and lifted some guy’s and gal’s spirits, hopefully.

I did learn a thing or two as well. I can safely say that much of my perspective on philosophy has been molded for the better due to feedback from here.

Thank you and God Bless you…

VZ71,
It would be so easy to give you a a shout out. I still gratefully recall the advice and support that you gave to forum members regarding technology issues: You and Usige were so helpful there.
I’ve also always been able to take for granted your adherence to the magisterium so that, whenever you posted, I could read away, Looking to learn something which I might not yet have known.
I’m grateful to you for supporting alternative fora options with your skills as CAF winds down so that Catholics will have internet homes to share.
Perhaps what we are experiencing here is the reality that there are many people who are rocks for others who tend to be unsung and taken for granted, but whose presence is essential for the sustenance of others.
Thank you.
jt

Perhaps what we are experiencing here is the reality that there are many people who are rocks for others who tend to be unsung and taken for granted, but whose presence is essential for the sustenance of others.
Not exactly a marriage but after so much time…sort of like a common law relationship…
Unmet needs too
People often come seeking

Last edited:
I joined CAF in 2009 when I was in junior high school. I was mainly a lurker for a while and then started posting regularly when I got to high school.

The amount of wisdom and knowledge I have garnered during my time here on CAF is insurmountable. I have come to CAF whenever I needed clarification on any and all things “Catholic.” I have been able to impart the knowledge I got here to many other Catholics in my family and friend circles.

CAF was very much a part of my awakening years as a teenager and later as a college student. I have learned so much more here than I ever did in my weekly CCD classes as a child. For that, I am grateful.

I have learned so much from the people on this forum and met so many people, there is no way I can even begin to list the names…so goodbye to everyone; I love you and will miss you all!!!

I’ll say goodbye but hope to hang around here until the end.
This is so much more than coffee hours after Mass and the coffee is so much better.
When I think of all the crisis CAF has absorbed… local - global, secular - nonsecular…amazing and timely.

I wouldn’t mind CAF returning as a subscription. Make it a yearly cost commitment to help prevent spontaneous pounding from abusers.
Praying that CAF returns as a subscription that only subscribers can view.
Love you all…

@DaddyGirl2! Thank you for the shoutout!

I just checked my stats and it’s been exactly 10 years to the day since I joined these forums. I can’t believe I made it this far without being banned! 😁

I’m going to miss all of the great discussions and differing points of view from this crazy cast of characters I’ve come to know. I wish all of you the best.

Feel free to PM me in these last days with other forum ideas or just to keep in touch. I’m always up for more debates.

To everyone at Catholic Answers, Goodbye, Farewell, and Amen.
Sparky

Thank you to everyone for the fellowship I’ve enjoyed on this site for the past 15 years. Each encounter has been another step on my journey toward God’s Kingdom. I won’t list individual names because I know I will inevitably leave someone off. Suffice it to say that every poster here deserves thanks for sharing this forum with me.

Thank you to those who have encouraged me; thank you to those who have challenged me; thank you to those who have delighted me; thank you to those who have prayed for me and my intentions; thank you to those who have allowed me to pray for you and your intentions.

I hope to encounter you all on another Catholic site someday. If that is not how things work out, I hope to reacquaint myself with you at the wedding feast of the Lamb. As a seminary classmate of mine said when we departed at the end of one academic year, “I’ll see you in the Eschaton…if not sooner.”

May you all have a most blessed Christmas and New Year. May God reward your goodness to me on this forum.

And now, the end is near…

Last edited:
pat is Patrick Sweeney (patsw or patsw1 on most social media)
at look back when this got started 17 years ago.
(Please Note: This uploaded content is no longer available.)

For my supporters in difficult times
@Annie
@Irishmom2

For all the wonderful people who gracefully prayed for me and my family including
@EugeneCharles, you are wonderful young man. Continue to be one. I was priviledge to have cross a little your online path!

Thanks you to the wonderful men I “met”, appreciate, discuss with, and hopefully it will continued
@AdamP88,
@Polak

To the missed
@alice24, you were one of my favorite poster. Prayers for you and family and your life where you are.

@do_justly_love_mercy, thanks you to explaining many difficult things gracefully. I hope you the best in your new life.

To the dears mothers with whom I correspond
@AggieCatholic22- we are about to loose contact, sadly. I wish you the best.
@malio81 you are a wonderful and strong person. I am sorry to not be up to you;

and without to mention my dear @SusanneT. It was great, it was hard and hopefully an happy end. Thanks you to come back. You have change my life forever, you will be always in my heart. Words are not enough.

Last edited:
@OddBird, you dust off my clichés. I appreciate a lot of what you write, despite my opinion on Protestant Churches and women in ministry.

@Convert3, thanks you to be the first who thank about me for the after.

To more people in the prayer section, incuding @yankeesouth, @Katie777, @aroosi, @AnaCarolina7

@alexvat02, we never had the time to know you well, but you impressed me a lot. Continue to grow in your faith and as the good man you are.

I’m lurking on the forums until the 31st, but I wanted to wish you all a “so long” now while I still can.

I’ve visited the forums on and off since college in 2009. I haven’t made a username until just a few years ago. It’s going to be an end of an era for me to have the whole site shuttered. :-/

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back