M
MGEISING
Guest
Dear Moe,
I’m so very sorry for the loss of your precious daughter. I just visited her Memorial site and it’s absolutely beautiful. I’m remembering you and your family everyday in my prayers.
Dear Moe,
I’m so very sorry for the loss of your precious daughter. I just visited her Memorial site and it’s absolutely beautiful. I’m remembering you and your family everyday in my prayers.
**Oh my beautiful friend, these will be the best days of your life … waiting for the bundle of Joy that the Lord has chosen for you and you (he/she) … I continue to keep you and Greg in my prayers … and I ask, most fervently, that you continue to keep us in your prayers.Still praying for you, Moe. :hug1:
PS - my wonderful husband Greg, was born on Aug 25, 1963 xoxoxoStill praying for you, Moe. :hug1:

**I hope so - I think we will … but there are times when I say - HOW CAN WE CONTINUE WITHOUT HER … WITHOUT A VERY PIECE OF US …alhers:
That was very well said! I do think we can “feel” prayers. I know that I have felt them! This was a good message to get to Moe. Because I, for one, keep her in prayer always! What a hard road! But with our prayers - her family will make it!
Agreedalhers:
That was very well said! I do think we can “feel” prayers. I know that I have felt them! This was a good message to get to Moe. Because I, for one, keep her in prayer always! What a hard road! But with our prayers - her family will make it!
**Giving and Receiving ConsolationAgreedShe and her fanily have so many people praying for them daily!
That;s beautiful!**Giving and Receiving Consolation
Consolation is a beautiful word. It means “to be” (con-) “with the lonely one” (solus). To offer consolation is one of the most important ways to care. Life is so full of pain, sadness, and loneliness that we often wonder what we can do to alleviate the immense suffering we see. We can and must offer consolation. We can and must console the mother who lost her child, the young person with AIDS, the family whose house burned down, the soldier who was wounded, the teenager who contemplates suicide, the old man who wonders why he should stay alive.
To console does not mean to take away the pain but rather to be there and say, “You are not alone, I am with you. Together we can carry the burden. Don’t be afraid. I am here.” That is consolation. We all need to give it as well as to receive it. Henri Nouwen Society **
THANK YOU ALL FOR CONSOLING US … AND MOST ESPECIALLY PRAYING FOR US … XO
Hi Moe,Is anyone there? You aren’t giving up on me are you?
Missing KK so bad everyone … please keep us in your prayers.
Love Moe

**I am blessed to have you all pray for me and reach out to me … loving you from NH …Wow, that was beautiful!!
They said it so much better than I. That’s what I was trying to say though, we are here, even when we don’t say so. You are not forgotton. Your husband sounds like such a special man, I will keep him especially in prayer. I know what you mean about at Mass, once, years ago, (he would be 30 now), I lost a baby son.
**Oh I am so sorry allhers … so very sorry … **
While the pain didn’t leave me, I was finally able to find peace. I will pray that you will also.
Peace to you has become so much more to me than a phrase … I pray for peace as well … I long for peace … for there is no peace at the moment … well there is - but you know what I mean … we long for her … HER ABSENCE IS LIKE THE SKY, SPREAD OVER EVERYTHINGcs lewis
It seemed that at Mass I just cried and cried, at times I felt that I should just leave, but…thankfully I never did, I am a quiet crier and so while I wasn’t disturbing anyone, I felt embarressed that anyone should see me crying. Now I think that it was just a special gift from God, that He allowed me to cry to HIM, in front of HIM. Those tears were all seen by HIM and I just offered up all the pain to HIM for whatever it was that was needed by anyone. I didn’t know what to do with that pain either, so I just gave it to HIM.
I am a quiet crier as well … but I haven’t changed my mascara to waterproof … and I really should. I cry so much after the eucharists … I have read that we are closer to the ones who have gone before us more at that time than any other time … so I believe that … especially since my emotions believe that …
I still do, as my son would have turned 30 this year. The pain is just sometimes a dull ache sometimes now, around the time of year that I lost him. (March).
How can you not be affected by it … I am so sorry that you have to deal with this pain … like we do … Greg said he doesn’t understand how God can let us be in such pain. I told him … he isn’t asking us to do anymore than He has for us … but he still doesn’t agree wtih me …
I think that is what drew me so much to you. God graced us with two other sons and a daughter and for that I am so very grateful. I know that none of us can take away your pain, but we can all “hold you up in prayer.” God bless you all.
Hi Moe,
Hi my beautiful friend:
I feel so badly that I haven’t kept up with the Forum. You and I do email each other, so I haven’t come here in a while. I didn’t know you were feeling so abandoned.
Oh - maybe abandoned isn’t the right word … I know that I have people from CAF praying for me - even if they don’t write me … I hope to - the ones who don’t write do send up a prayer … so many hits on this posts … and I thank God for the prayers and all my friends that I have made through this nightmare.
I am so blown away by the PAGES of replies you have received today from these wonderful prayer warriors. You truly do have a community of Christians praying for you. Once a story such as yours has touched a heart, that heart cannot help but pray–our Lord Jesus prompts us through the Holy Spirit. I pray for you in so many ways–as do each of those who have written to you today. I am especially touched by the mom whose son would have been 30 this year. Patrick would be 37 on May 20th. We will never forget–and neither will you. But someday you will be able to live with the loss and be at peace with it. Trusting the Lord in His perfect wisdom and sovereignty is the way.
I do trust in him my friend; but sometimes my grief is so great … I can only see through my tears … but I do get out of bed every day - we have been able to live through the horrible ‘firsts’ — her birthday had to be the hardest for me … other than the annivesary date and Christmas was horrible … but we are surviving … as pathetic as we might be surviving - we are surviving and my heart doesn’t skip a beat without thinking of my McKayla. My beautiful reflection … although she was the most beautifulist of all (and Mandy too)
No one here will ever forget you either. And even if some could leave you–He will never leave you or forsake you. (Hebrews 13:5-6) In the Greek it means He will never, ever, no never forsake you. That’s a triple imperative! Count on it, Moe–God is there for you even when we don’t seem to be.
Thank you my friend for your encouragement and words from scripture … I loved this past Sunday’s Gospel … it has always been my favorite … for it brings me so close to the Eucharists … The Road To Emmaus (spelling) … it Gave me hope and peace, if but for a moment.
Lots of love from Sacramento.
**Loving you, as well, my friend … I wonder if Patrick and KK spend anytime together. I would like to think they have and do regularly.
Love you,
Moe**
Alison
**Hi my friend - I know I am not abandoned and I now that you are praying for me … always love seeing a post from you.HI Moe,
I am just going to check in every day so that you do not feel abandonedPraying!
You still have prayers coming from this lapsed cradle Catholic too hugs tight
Oh Fyrehardt … thank you … thank you so much for taking the time out of your day to pray for us … God is Good. Lapsed or not … we are all special and loved in His eyes. And I will take the hugs too …
Mary, Mother of God, you know what it’s like to lose a child.
Please hold this family tight in your loving embrace and help them to remember that they are never alone.
While they are sitting down to their lonely dinner here, help them remember that their daughter is sitting at the table eating dinner with you and your family in heaven.
**Upon return home after saying good by to KK at the hospital … Amanda, Greg and I were in the back seat as my sister in-law was driving us home (3 hours away) – I prayed that very prayer … for I knew — Mary alone knew the pain that we were embracing … it struck me so - tonight - reading your words.
Thank you for reminding me of Her pain … much more unbearable pain than I … for at least McKayla seemed to die a Happy Death … and I don’t think it was a coincidence - but a GODincidence that is was on March 19 - the Feast of St. Joseph – the Patron Saint of a Happy Death**
Loving you – Moe
Amen
![]()
Moe,
I don’t know you, but after reading through this entire thread I feel like I do! I just wanted to say that I will be praying for you and for your family. I can’t imagine how very much you miss y’all miss your beautiful daughter. My heart especially breaks for your daughter, Amanda. I’m very close with both of my younger siblings and cannot fathom how terrible my grief would be if I lost them. I pray that the Lord will bring you comfort and that each day your grief will be a little less. God bless!
**Thank you Felicity … Blessing to you … Amanda is doing super … more-so than anyone of us … she says she feels McKayla 24/7 … she has even taken on some of her characteristics.
Amanda said I will feel McKayla as well, but I am much too sad - but when I am less sad, I will.
I am hoping … I miss everything about her … everything.
Love and prayers, Moe**