The Catholic Church is WRONG about same sex marriage

• Thread starter Thread starter GayCatholic
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
You sound more angry about your orientation than you do proud of it. I’m very sorry for your burden - what you do with it is up to you. We can only support you in the ways the Church does. If you don’t want it, well, shrugs. :ehh:

Detroit Sue:
You sound more angry about your orientation than you do proud of it. I’m very sorry for your burden - what you do with it is up to you. We can only support you in the ways the Church does. If you don’t want it, well, shrugs. :ehh:
i am very proud of who i am. did you read my other messages? lol. i said i am created in God’s image and i am not ashamed of how HE created me.

and i am a FULL member of the Catholic Church. I go to Mass every weekend, and I take communion. if the lady who had an abortion can go to communion, so can i. if the man who cheated on his wife can go to communion. so can i. if the a priest who molested a child can say Mass…

Deacon Dan:
Sex outside of marriage period, whether it is homosexual, heterosexual, bisexual or Bill Clinton’s definition of sex it is still sinful. Any sex outside of marriage is against God’s will.
ok, well if you are going to DENY me my equal rights and say i cannot get married, then you better start preaching to everyone else who has sex outside of marriage. millions of hetreosexuals do. where is the outcry? where is the hatred for them? no, it’s only against gays and lesbians. that’s where your logic is flawed. everyone claims to be so moral and just and right, and they have no clue how ignorant they are.

40.png
GayCatholic:
Once we become equal under the law, we’ll deal with making same sex marriage an equal sacrament in the Church. It will happen someday. I believe it is God’s will. It might take a while for the Church to recognize it as such, but it will happen.
This is a very pompous and dangerous statement. You can only presume God’s will from the limitations of your human flesh. Apparently you do not accept his will, which was written in Sacred Scripture. Like I said before, if you’re looking for a fight, this isn’t the place for you. We are all working very hard to be charitable here.

40.png
GayCatholic:
i am very proud of who i am. did you read my other messages? lol. i said i am created in God’s image and i am not ashamed of how HE created me.

and i am a FULL member of the Catholic Church. I go to Mass every weekend, and I take communion. if the lady who had an abortion can go to communion, so can i. if the man who cheated on his wife can go to communion. so can i. if the a priest who molested a child can say Mass…
The difference between the examples you quote and yourself is a firm sense of amendment and repentance for their errors. Again, we all have suffered. It’s what we do with that suffering is what we become.
I certainly won’t let you bait me with your priest comments. I hope you find peace. Did you even bother to look at the COURAGE website?

**1 Corinthians 6:9-10

“…Or do you not know that the unjust will not posses the kingdom of God? Do not err; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor the effeminate, nor sodomites, nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor evil-tongued, nor the greedy will possess the kingdom of God.”

Folks, The Bible speaks for itself.**

40.png
EddieArent:
Folks, The Bible speaks for itself.
Some of the Strange Laws in the Bible The inspiration for this section originates with Christians and Christian groups using the Bible to justify horrible actions, most notable in recent years has been gay bashing. Rev. Fred Phelps protests any people who support gays, as well as homosexual funerals with colorful signs reading “God Hates Fags” or “Burn in Hell FAG!!!”. Dr. Laura, a disgustingly boring radio personality, as well as failed TV personality… not to mention a bad source of advice, also uses the Bible to justify her dislike of homosexuals. The Ku Klux Klan uses the Bible to justify their actions, as well as abortion clinic bombers, mail bombers, and dictators/tyrants throughout history. But what does the Bible really say about things like this? How does the Bible expect us to act? Let us find out.

Homosexuals MUST DIE!!!

The killing of homosexuals is condoned and encouraged in the wonderful laws of Leviticus. Leviticus 20:13 clearly states “If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.” Well there you have it, Homosexuality is wrong, and they must pay the ultimate price… IN THE NAME OF GOD!!!

Who else shouldn’t people do?

Don’t let cattle graze with other kinds of Cattle (Leviticus 19:19)

Don’t have a variety of crops on the same field. (Leviticus 19:19)

Don’t wear clothes made of more than one fabric (Leviticus 19:19)

Don’t cut your hair nor shave. (Leviticus 19:27)

Any person who curseth his mother or father, must be killed. (Leviticus 20:9) Have you ever done that?

If a man cheats on his wife, or vise versa, both the man and the woman must die. (Leviticus 20:10). I wonder if Dr. Laura would like that one to be enforced?

If a man sleeps with his father’s wife… both him and his father’s wife is to be put to death. (Leviticus 20:11)

If a man sleeps with his wife and her mother they are all to be burnt to death. (Leviticus 20:14)

If a man or woman has sex with an animal, both human and animal must be killed. (Leviticus 20:15-16). I guess you should kill the animal since they were willing participants. Are they crazy?

If a man has sex with a woman on her period, they are both to be “cut off from their people” (Leviticus 20:18)

Psychics, wizards, and so on are to be stoned to death. (Leviticus 20:27)

If a priest’s daughter is a whore, she is to be burnt at the stake. (Leviticus 21:9)

People who have flat noses, or is blind or lame, cannot go to an altar of God (Leviticus 21:17-18)

Anyone who curses or blasphemes God, should be stoned to death by the community. (Leviticus 24:14-16)

Don’t let cattle graze with other kinds of Cattle (Leviticus 19:19)

One must wonder why there are so many people wanting to site Leviticus for gay bashing, but they never mention these rules. How strange. It is common that a Christian will blow off these old rules with “Jesus came to change the laws, so these are outmoded, and we don’t need them”, but throughout Leviticus God states that these laws are to be followed forever. Hmmm.

40.png
GayCatholic:

You can’t, as far as i know, go to communion unless you are in the state of grace. that is why confession is on saturday night (at least where i go). So you need to confess your sin of having homosexual sex. But you cannot be absolved of a sin you will go on commiting. So unless you you aim to be chaste, and confess your past trasngressions, there is no communion for you. You certainly physicaly eat bread and wine, but you won’t get any spiritual benefit from it.
Also, it is my view that there is no such thing as a homosexual person, there are only those who have had or are having homosexual sex. It is the sin of having homosexual sex God is offended by, not the person who has it. Pray for the strength to be chaste. Perhaps your desires may one day line up with the will of God. The virtuous person desires the good. And the good is with God. And God is offended by sin. And having homosexual sex is a sin among many others.

40.png
GayCatholic:
jESUS LOVES ME JUST THE WAY I AM. I AM CREATED IN GOD’S IMAGE AND I AM NOT ASHAMED.
Of course he does…He loves sinners – that we see in the Bible everywhere.

God loves sinners, **but **He hates the sins!

40.png
GayCatholic:

A man who is in a full communion with holy Mother Church accepts **all ** her teachings and doctrines…

GayCatholicOne must wonder why there are so many people wanting to site Leviticus for gay bashing:
[/indent]
Obviously you were ready with your biblical quotes. If you are truly Catholic, like you claim to be, you would know that we are required to follow the teachings of the Church - the magisterium. Therefore, you will also know that any type of sexual activity outside of marriage (including fornication, homosexual practices, sodemy, masterbation, contraception, etc.) and that are not open to life is a grave sin. I will pray for you.

God Bless,
Denise

i have seen this kind of behavior a lot. We, catholics, aren’t attacking you man. We are attacking your sin. I don’t see why this is so hard to understand. That picture of the fundies is pretty funny. :rolleyes:

40.png
DenRat:
Obviously you were ready with your biblical quotes. If you are truly Catholic, like you claim to be, you would know that we are required to follow the teachings of the Church - the magisterium. Therefore, you will also know that any type of sexual activity outside of marriage (including fornication, homosexual practices, sodemy, masterbation, contraception, etc.) and that are not open to life is a grave sin. I will pray for you.

God Bless,
Denise
YES YES YES…VERY TRUE, BUT ONLY HOMOSEXUALS ARE TREATED THIS WAY. I DON’T SEE YOU OPENLY CONDEMING MASTURBATORS. THAT IS THE WHOLE POINT… AS SOON AS ONE GROUP IS SINGLED OUT AND TREATED DIFFERENTLY, THAT IS DISCRIMINATION AND IT IS WRONG, PLAIN AND SIMPLE. DISCRIMINATION IS A SIN TOO, YOU KNOW.

OK, the picture got my attention. I found it offensive, even though I’m not “gay”. I don’t want anyone to burn in hell. The photo showed hatred without compassion.

But two wrongs don’t make a right. I will still pray for you.

God Bless,
Denise

40.png
flatliner:
You can’t, as far as i know, take communion unless you are in the state of grace. that is why confession is on saturday night (at least where i go). So you need to confess your sin of having homosexual sex. But you cannot be absolved of a sin you will go on commiting. So unless you you aim to be chaste, and confess your past trasngressions, there is no communion for you. You certainly can physicaly eat bread and drink wine, but you won’t get any spiritual benefit from it.
Also, it is my view that there is no such thing as a homosexual person, there are only those who have had or are having homosexual sex. It is the sin of having homosexual sex God is offended by, not the person who has it. Pray for the strength to be chaste. Perhaps your desires may one day line up with the will of God. The virtuous person desires the good. And the good is with God. And God is offended by sin. And having homosexual sex is a sin among many others.
please read.

40.png
DenRat:
OK, the picture got my attention. I found it offensive, even though I’m not “gay”. I don’t want anyone to burn in hell. The photo showed hatred without compassion.

But two wrongs don’t make a right. I will still pray for you.

God Bless,
Denise
SORRY IF THE PICTURE WAS OFFENSIVE, BUT I AM USING IT TO PROVE A POINT. I M SURE MANY PEOPLE DO NOT REALIZE HOW EXTREME THINGS GET. THAT PICTURE CAME FROM A WEBSITE (GOD HATES FAGS) AND IT IS OPERATED BY THE SAME GROUP OF PEOPLE WHO WANT TO PUT UP A MEMORIAL TO MATTHEW SHEPARD (A GAY COLLEGE STUDENT WHO WAS MURDERED IN THE ACT OF A HATE CRIME BECAUSE HE WAS GAY) AND THEY WANT TO PUT THE WORDS “MATT SHEPARD BURNS IN HELL” AND PLACE THE MEMORIAL IN A PUBLIC PARK NEXT TO THE TEN COMMANDMENTS. OUTRAGEOUS? YES. OFFENSIVE? ABSOLUTELY. WRONG? WITHOUT A DOUBT. WHEN PEOPLE SPIT OUT THE SAME OLD BIBLE VERSES AT ME, I END UP SEEING VERY LITTLE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THEM AND THE PEOPLE IN THIS PHOTOGRAPH.

40.png
flatliner:
i have seen this kind of behavior a lot. We, catholics, aren’t attacking you man. We are attacking your sin. I don’t see why this is so hard to understand. That picture of the fundies is pretty funny. :rolleyes:
I M SURE MANY PEOPLE DO NOT REALIZE HOW EXTREME THINGS GET. THAT PICTURE CAME FROM A WEBSITE (GOD HATES FAGS) AND IT IS OPERATED BY THE SAME GROUP OF PEOPLE WHO WANT TO PUT UP A MEMORIAL TO MATTHEW SHEPARD (A GAY COLLEGE STUDENT WHO WAS MURDERED IN THE ACT OF A HATE CRIME BECAUSE HE WAS GAY) AND THEY WANT TO PUT THE WORDS “MATT SHEPARD BURNS IN HELL” AND PLACE THE MEMORIAL IN A PUBLIC PARK NEXT TO THE TEN COMMANDMENTS. OUTRAGEOUS? YES. OFFENSIVE? ABSOLUTELY. WRONG? WITHOUT A DOUBT. WHEN PEOPLE SPIT OUT THE SAME OLD BIBLE VERSES AT ME, I END UP SEEING VERY LITTLE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THEM AND THE PEOPLE IN THIS PHOTOGRAPH. AND I DON’T FIND IT FUNNY AT ALL!

40.png
flatliner:
Also, it is my view that there is no such thing as a homosexual person, there are only those who have had or are having homosexual sex. .
IT IS MY VIEW THAT THERE ARE NO HETEROSEXUALS, ONLY PEOPLE WHO HAVE HAD OR WHO ARE HAVING HETEROSEXUAL SEX.

MY COMMENT MAKES AS MUCH SENSE AS YOURS DOES…

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back