The Catholic Church is WRONG about same sex marriage

• Thread starter Thread starter GayCatholic
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
40.png
GayCatholic:
YES YES YES…VERY TRUE, BUT ONLY HOMOSEXUALS ARE TREATED THIS WAY. I DON’T SEE YOU OPENLY CONDEMING MASTURBATORS. THAT IS THE WHOLE POINT… AS SOON AS ONE GROUP IS SINGLED OUT AND TREATED DIFFERENTLY, THAT IS DISCRIMINATION AND IT IS WRONG, PLAIN AND SIMPLE. DISCRIMINATION IS A SIN TOO, YOU KNOW.
If someone came on this forum and proudly claimed that masterbation was not a sin and that the Catholic Church was wrong I would have the same answer. I have tried to teach my sons that sex is beautiful and to only be shared between a husband and wife - not alone - not before marriage. The same applies to contraception, abortion, and other issues the Church takes a stand on.

I agree that some people discriminate by not speaking out on fornication the way they do on “gay-rights” (probably because more people are heterosexual and choose to sin by fornication instead.). However, I don’t see a lot of fornicators wearing their “rights” on their sleeves and drawing controversy. They don’t have to anyway. In fact, the reason of the high divorce rate today is due in large part to fornicators moving in together and not taking marriage seriously. It’s also due to loosening of our civil laws with regards to no-fault divorce, partner benefits, etc. A natural continuation with those sins protected by civil laws is “gay marriage”. Things just keep getting wronger and wronger when we thumb our noses at God’s teachings.

By the way, I am not claiming I’ve never sinned. I would just be ashamed to announce it to the world and suggest I was right and God was wrong.

I’m still keeping you in my prayers.

God Bless,
Denise

40.png
mrS4ntA:
A man who is in a full communion with holy Mother Church accepts **all **her teachings and doctrines…
THE CHURCH CAN BE HOLY AND WRONG AT THE SAME TIME. EVEN POPE JOHN PAUL II HAS ACKNOWLEDGED THAT. THIS IS ONLY ANOTHER EXAMPLE.

40.png
DenRat:
By the way, I am not claiming I’ve never sinned. I would just be ashamed to announce it to the world and suggest I was right and God was wrong.
I NEVER CLAIMED GOD WAS WRONG. I SAID THE CHURCH IS WRONG ON THIS ISSUE. LIKE IT HAS BEEN WRONG ON MANY OTHER ISSUES AND LATER CHANGED IT’S POSITION. DON’T PRAY FOR ME, PRAY FOR THE CHURCH AND IT’S LEADERS. THEY ARE THE ONES IN NEED OF PRAYERS.

40.png
GayCatholic:
SORRY IF THE PICTURE WAS OFFENSIVE, BUT I AM USING IT TO PROVE A POINT. I M SURE MANY PEOPLE DO NOT REALIZE HOW EXTREME THINGS GET. THAT PICTURE CAME FROM A WEBSITE (GOD HATES FAGS) AND IT IS OPERATED BY THE SAME GROUP OF PEOPLE WHO WANT TO PUT UP A MEMORIAL TO MATTHEW SHEPARD (A GAY COLLEGE STUDENT WHO WAS MURDERED IN THE ACT OF A HATE CRIME BECAUSE HE WAS GAY) AND THEY WANT TO PUT THE WORDS “MATT SHEPARD BURNS IN HELL” AND PLACE THE MEMORIAL IN A PUBLIC PARK NEXT TO THE TEN COMMANDMENTS. OUTRAGEOUS? YES. OFFENSIVE? ABSOLUTELY. WRONG? WITHOUT A DOUBT. WHEN PEOPLE SPIT OUT THE SAME OLD BIBLE VERSES AT ME, I END UP SEEING VERY LITTLE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THEM AND THE PEOPLE IN THIS PHOTOGRAPH.
OK, could you please turn off your all caps. It indicates yelling. I don’t think anyone here reacted to you by calling you names and telling you to burn in hell. I acknowledged the offensiveness of those people who do so. It still doesn’t change the fact that your actions are acts of sin against God. You’re the one who brought up the subject.

If you don’t want people telling you you’re sinning, keep it to yourself. Otherwise, you won’t be getting pats on the back here for your lifestyle.

Still praying,
Denise

40.png
DenRat:
OK, could you please turn off your all caps. It indicates yelling. I don’t think anyone here reacted to you by calling you names and telling you to burn in hell. I acknowledged the offensiveness of those people who do so. It still doesn’t change the fact that your actions are acts of sin against God. You’re the one who brought up the subject.

If you don’t want people telling you you’re sinning, keep it to yourself. Otherwise, you won’t be getting pats on the back here for your lifestyle.

Still praying,
Denise
OK!

I have never understood why people choose a religious denomination and then try to bend its rules to fit their personal beliefs.

No, the Church is not wrong regarding homosexuality. Practicing homosexuals are the ones in error.

May the Peace of our Lord be with us all.

40.png
DenRat:
If someone came on this forum and proudly claimed that masterbation was not a sin and that the Catholic Church was wrong I would have the same answer. I have tried to teach my sons that sex is beautiful and to only be shared between a husband and wife - not alone - not before marriage. The same applies to contraception, abortion, and other issues the Church takes a stand on.

I agree that some people discriminate by not speaking out on fornication the way they do on “gay-rights” (probably because more people are heterosexual and choose to sin by fornication instead.). However, I don’t see a lot of fornicators wearing their “rights” on their sleeves and drawing controversy. They don’t have to anyway. In fact, the reason of the high divorce rate today is due in large part to fornicators moving in together and not taking marriage seriously. It’s also due to loosening of our civil laws with regards to no-fault divorce, partner benefits, etc. A natural continuation with those sins protected by civil laws is “gay marriage”. Things just keep getting wronger and wronger when we thumb our noses at God’s teachings.

I’m still keeping you in my prayers.

God Bless,
Denise
Denise

:amen:

:blessyou:

Gay Catholic ~

As much as I try to understand a homosexual person I would like to address another statement you made :

“I am a gay man, and I am Catholic, and YES a person can be BOTH and still find favor in God’s eyes. I am OPEN about my sexual orientation (God created me this way, I did not CHOOSE to be gay)”.

A few questions:

At what point were you aware of what is in the mind of God ?
After all, when you said God created you this way ,it sounds like you were looking over his shoulder when you were being created. Or someone else must have told you you were created this way ?

Also, HOW do you know you’ve found favor in the eyes of God ?
Did you recieve some statement in writing, or a physical apparation or sign from God that said that what you’re doing with your life is OK ??

Just curious

40.png
GayCatholic:
YES YES YES…VERY TRUE, BUT ONLY HOMOSEXUALS ARE TREATED THIS WAY. I DON’T SEE YOU OPENLY CONDEMING MASTURBATORS. THAT IS THE WHOLE POINT… AS SOON AS ONE GROUP IS SINGLED OUT AND TREATED DIFFERENTLY, THAT IS DISCRIMINATION AND IT IS WRONG, PLAIN AND SIMPLE. DISCRIMINATION IS A SIN TOO, YOU KNOW.
Masturbators are not demanding the church change the Word of God to suit their purposes. You are.

40.png
GayCatholic:
SORRY IF THE PICTURE WAS OFFENSIVE, BUT I AM USING IT TO PROVE A POINT. I M SURE MANY PEOPLE DO NOT REALIZE HOW EXTREME THINGS GET. THAT PICTURE CAME FROM A WEBSITE (GOD HATES FAGS) AND IT IS OPERATED BY THE SAME GROUP OF PEOPLE WHO WANT TO PUT UP A MEMORIAL TO MATTHEW SHEPARD (A GAY COLLEGE STUDENT WHO WAS MURDERED IN THE ACT OF A HATE CRIME BECAUSE HE WAS GAY) AND THEY WANT TO PUT THE WORDS “MATT SHEPARD BURNS IN HELL” AND PLACE THE MEMORIAL IN A PUBLIC PARK NEXT TO THE TEN COMMANDMENTS. OUTRAGEOUS? YES. OFFENSIVE? ABSOLUTELY. WRONG? WITHOUT A DOUBT. WHEN PEOPLE SPIT OUT THE SAME OLD BIBLE VERSES AT ME, I END UP SEEING VERY LITTLE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THEM AND THE PEOPLE IN THIS PHOTOGRAPH.
Were the people in that picture catholic?? If not, your arguement is with them, not the catholic church.

40.png
GayCatholic:
ok, well if you are going to DENY me my equal rights and say i cannot get married, then you better start preaching to everyone else who has sex outside of marriage. millions of hetreosexuals do. where is the outcry? where is the hatred for them? no, it’s only against gays and lesbians. that’s where your logic is flawed. everyone claims to be so moral and just and right, and they have no clue how ignorant they are.
The Catholic Church has tried and will always try to teach the Church’s teaching on sexual issues, and among them Abortion and Fornication, BUT there are many who DO NOT wish to listen to the Church and their hearts are hardened. :banghead:

Deacon Dan wrote:
“I really do not believe that God creates people to be homosexual, but I do believe that most homosexual do not choose to be homo either. It is through situations, experiences that causes one to not want to seek the opposite sex. That does not make you bad in any way, but you, just as the single hetero can not engage in sex outside of marriage nor can the homosexual.”
👍

Mr. GayCatholic: The above statement is true because I HAVE BEEN THERE! (I pray that the staff here will not edit this post of mine), I have had a former lifestyle which YOU endorse. I fell upon this abnormal behavior because my father was not a strong figure in my life BECAUSE of my limited eyesight and my father did not know how to deal with my handicap so my mother was the one who watched over me and thus be came ‘over protective’. And no, my father did not leave us, he lived with my mother and loved her very much up to the time of her death.

I currently live a chaste lifestyle with the temptations and desires just about erased due to the LOVE and GRACE of a LOVING GOD!
Mr.GayCatholic, if you TRULY in your heart want to remain in the Catholic Church, you should pray DEEPLY to the Lord for discernment on your lifestyle (try Adoration to the Eucharist). Then if God directs you to do so, I would suggest you look into the group Courage (Conducted by Fr. John Harvey).

Yes, Mr. GayCatholic, It IS possible to put away the desires of the sinful sexual flesh and be in the Body of Christ, regardless one is heterosexual, homosexual, bisexual, etc. Jesus said that with Faith of a Mustard seed we can move mountains. Overcoming these desires for me is the mountain that has been moved!

Go with God!
Edwin

“Ok, well if you are going to DENY me my equal rights and say i cannot get married, then you better start preaching to everyone else who has sex outside of marriage.”

Say you dont seriously think that the vast magoraty here would object to this being preached at Mass do you? Almost all of us would wellcome " turn or burn " surmons at Mass. 👍

40.png
GayCatholic:
THE CHURCH CAN BE HOLY AND WRONG AT THE SAME TIME. EVEN POPE JOHN PAUL II HAS ACKNOWLEDGED THAT. THIS IS ONLY ANOTHER EXAMPLE.
Excuse me? The Holy Father said that the Church was wrong? when?
As far as I know, the Holy Father “apologised” for the abuses and the bad actions of the Church leaders in the past – not what they teaches.
The Church have within her the deposit of infallible doctrines – otherwise it wouldn’t be the Church! The Pope never says these are wrong!

"We no longer put adulterous women to death, for example. But, we cling to the quotes about homosexuality in the Bible and say they still apply. Why is that? And why is that fair?

By your logic we “Catholics” should be killing homosexuals for any homosexual act that you do. Were oh were in the Cathechism dos it tech this? :confused:

Now the Cathechism dos condem adulters acts as well as homosexual acts. Now that is fair. :yup:

I’m very confused as to how you can claim to be catholic and yet reject some of it’s most basic teachings.

You claim wherever people are in love, God approves. Is that so? So when a married man has an affair with another married woman, does God approve? And even if He approves of the love itself, does He not expect them to stand by their sacred obligation to their original spouses? To not act on that love they may feel for the other person out of deference to His Will?

You claim that so many Bible passages no longer apply so why should this one? You do not want true catholicism, you want to make it into a pick and choose religion. This arguement reeks of, “other people do it, so why can’t I?” You feel entitled because if people don’t follow the Bible’s dietary rules (your example, not mine, which Christ Himself negated, by the way) then why can’t I have a homosexual relationship? Neither has anything to do with the other. We are entitled to nothing. Anything we have, we have through God’s grace.

You seem to say marriage is not a sacred institution. So there is another teaching you deny. And if it is not a sacred institution, then why are you so ardently preaching for it to change?

You say there is no outcry about divorce and abuse from the church. Methinks you do not read many catholic websites or periodicals. The Catholic Church is at the forefront of decrying these things.

You say you will “deal” with making homosexual marriage a sacrament in the church. You most certainly will not. What you want, friend, is not the ideals the church teaches, but rather you want the church to teach YOUR ideals. Are you God that you can decide what the teachings should be? Tell me, when you attempt to change the church to what you want it to be (a more selfish thing I have never seen) will you post it in essays on the door of St. Peter’s? That is not catholicism, it’s protestantism.

Now, there is room for change in the church. The church has never denied that. But, changing the Word of God to alter it’s intent is something even the church cannot do. That seems to be what you want. I’m sorry my friend, it cannot happen, and if it did happen, the church would cease to be the catholic church. It’s that simple really.

You say the teachings make you ashamed to be catholic. How about a different approach? What I would like for you to explain is why, if you claim to be catholic, are you not ashamed of yourself for wanting to mold the church to fit your ideas instead of God’s own? You claim to be catholic, if that is so, then you believe Jesus gave Peter the Keys to the Kingdom of Heaven. If that is so, and the popes are Peter’s heirs, and therefore imbued with the same ability due to apostolic succession, then how can you say that what they teach doctrinally is wrong? Is this not a condemnation of the authority Jesus gave to Peter and his heirs? Is this not saying that Jesus “got it wrong?”

I’d imagine right about now you’re thinking I’m an intolerant jerk. I assure I’m not a jerk, but I am intolerant. The entire concept of saying someone must tolerate something they disagree with is nothing more than intellectual slavery. I have absolutely no problem with you being homosexual. Indeed, you and I could sit down and have a beer and just chat the day away, I’ll even buy the beer. I do however, have a problem with people demanding other people change because they feel entitled to it. Jesus saw what the moneychangers were doing to the Temple of God. He did not tolerate it. Nor will I tolerate you, or anyone for that matter, trying to change the House of God, His Holy Church, into something they want it to be as opposed to what God wants it to be.

I will pray for you, my friend. Not for you to “not” be homosexual, but for the Word of God to fill you to bursting that you may glorify His name above all others. For myself, I will pray for guidance and mercy for my own sins, for they are many.

Mr. GayCatholic has posted this same thread on another topic (look in Miscelleanous).
I have responded on that board, but I will quickly sumarize here.
Mr. GayCatholic, I HAVE BEEN WERE YOU ARE NOW, BUT I do not live in THAT livestyle any more.
I live a chaste life and the desires have vanished!
Through the grace of GOD, I have overcome this abnornal disorder.
God LOVES YOU, but NOT the Sin!

Go with God!
Edwin

Mr. GayCatholic is really stirring up the hornets nest here. I go to many of the topics and he is there.
Just one thing to mention, I used to be a radical for his movement. I used to be in the parades and such and I was truly a radical for this movement.
BUT, I have left them 3 years ago and came back to the Catholic Church, REPENTED from my sins and now truly with the Grace of God, fight for what is right.

Mr.GayCathoilc, if you truly love the LORD, you would do the same too!
‘One must deny himself and carry your cross daily.’ For the Love God gives, I am willing to do this!

Go with God!
Edwin

Obviously you were ready with your biblical quotes. If you are truly Catholic, like you claim to be, you would know that we are required to follow the teachings of the Church - the magisterium. Therefore, you will also know that any type of sexual activity outside of marriage (including fornication, homosexual practices, sodemy, masterbation, contraception, etc.) and that are not open to life is a grave sin. I will pray for you.
Here’s my witness for anyone dealing with this kind of issue. I hope it helps.

I am a single 39 year old heterosexual man and I know as a Catholic I am to obey all these laws. Chastity is not a vice. Chastity is a virtue. For whatever reason I have not a religous vocation or marriage luck :o , but the point is God loves us all and that means he wants what is best for us.

These rules regarding sexuality (and love relationships) are for our benefit. We are to love one another as Jesus loved us. This is a chaste love and the MOST POWERFUL love. Sure that special marriage relationship would be good to have, but we’re not here to get what we want, we are here to follow Him.

Chastity really is a virtue. It opens the door for me to try to truly be a friend to everyone. Please pray the rosary. Seriously, it helped me.

peace

mike

Dear sir,

the Catholic Church is not wrong about gay marriage. Yes, we are to treat one another with love, as Jesus commanded. That is why I speak to you with kindness and not with anger. I have made mistakes and sinned myself. That doesn’t make the church wrong, though.

Marriage is not a right–something that everyone is entitled to. If it were, then you would have as much a right to be married as anyone else.

Marriage is absolutely a unique relationship. It’s not just another contract. If it were, then gay couples would be completely satisfied with “civil unions” and not be pushing for “marriage”. Marriage is different, and everyone knows it.

My single friends do not have the right to call themselves married. Marriage is between one man and one woman. A man and two women do not have the right to call themselves married. A marriage is between one man and one woman. A man and a child do not have the right to call themselves married. A marriage is between one man and one woman. Two men do not have the right to call themselves married! Marriage is between one man and one woman.

If same sex marriages are allowed because “it’s discriminatory” to exclude certain people from it, then the doors are open and marriage as we know it is ended. One man and two women can petition against discrimination; pedophiles and children will be “victims of discrimination”; single people will cry out against the discrimination they suffer because they can’t get “marriage” benefits.

Throughout the entire history of the world, marriage has been defined as unique relationship between one man and one woman. There have been notable exceptions, and those societies either don’t exist anymore, or are scorned by the world. We don’t intend for the United States OR the Catholic Church to dissolve itself or to become the scorn of the world.

Marriage is unique. It is between one man and one woman. If you choose to disregard that, so be it. Every Catholic is a sinner, and makes the decisions about his/her behavior that determine the fate of his eternal soul. The choices YOU make do not make the standing of the Church wrong.

I wish you the best, and pray that you will reconsider your opinion of the Church’s position on this matter.

40.png
GayCatholic:
This is just silly. I do not read the bible too much and have seen 4 quotes about the “homosexual act” being evil. We are told to love the person & dislike the act.

The human sexual act has 2 variables – “sexual gratification” & “openess to life”. God’s Natural Law has both variables included in ONE ACTION. If God wanted us to obtain one variable without the other, God would have created a SECOND ACTION. Who are we to question God’s Will?

To justify the “homosexual act” you must also justify other forms of sex with takes the “self gratification” and rejects the “openess to life” like contraception, pedifilia (man and boy), self mastery & beastiality (man and animal).

Do you believe marriage is a contract between 2 persons? If so, why?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back