The legal reckoning awaiting Donald Trump if he loses the election

• Thread starter Thread starter Zerge
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Let’s talk about Trump. Hillary isn’t running.
I didn’t bring her up. @Zerge brought up the “lock her up” chant.
And was subject of many lawsuits from the NY AG and other entities. Trump Foundation and Trump University to name two.
And what was the disposition of those? The IRS has regularly audited his tax returns. James is clearly on a vendetta.
Yep, she did say that. So what? T
That’s the personal / political reason for her vendetta.
But, that doesn’t change the Trump Organization’s wrongdoing. If there’s tax fraud, there’s tax fraud.
Tax fraud? Is it her contention that the IRS is incapable of finding tax fraud? Really?
Are you proposing that prosecutors have to “like” everyone they investigate?
I’m proposing that she not use her power in a fascistic way.

The AG of the US (Barr) should be the lawyer of the people, not a personal lawyer of Trump. He is guilty of the dereliction of duty.
Barr has been the best AG in a generation. He has not been the president’s “wing man”. Thst was Eric Holder.

And what was the disposition of those? The IRS has regularly audited his tax returns. James is clearly on a vendetta.
Come on, you know the disposition. Trump settled the Trump University suits for $25 million. The TRump Foundation suit resulted in the Trump children being barred from operating a charity in New York and Donald admitted wrongdoing. Donald had to pay a $2 million fine and admit to 19 statements of wrongdoing.
Tax fraud? Is it her contention that the IRS is incapable of finding tax fraud? Really?
Michael Cohen’s testimony brought to light the fact that the Trump Organization either lied on State and Federal tax returns or lied in filings with banks as to the worth of their various assets.

Only in your opinion.
She’s all but said so.
You are not in the position to evaluate her motivation.
After all of the speculation over Trump’s motivations the last four years, this is simply laughable. I look at the last four years of a vindictive coordinated attempt to overturn an election. So yeah, I’ll be happy to speculate.
Again, your opinion only.
And yours was yours.

Come on, you know the disposition. Trump settled the Trump University suits for $25 million.
Oh, it’s settled? Let’s move on then.
The TRump Foundation suit resulted in the Trump children being barred from operating a charity in New York and Donald admitted wrongdoing. Donald had to pay a $2 million fine and admit to 19 statements of wrongdoing.
And what does this have to do with James?
Michael Cohen’s testimony brought to light the fact that the Trump Organization either lied on State and Federal tax returns or lied in filings with banks as to the worth of their various assets.
Michael Cohen, that beacon of truth.

The job of AG is to prosecute - NOT persecute! - criminal activities. That is all. The personal reasons (if any) are totally irrelevant. The AG of the US (Barr) should be the lawyer of the people, not a personal lawyer of Trump. He is guilty of the dereliction of duty.
On a variety of levels.

40.png
Zerge:
The AG of the US (Barr) should be the lawyer of the people, not a personal lawyer of Trump. He is guilty of the dereliction of duty.
On a variety of levels.
You are not in the position to evaluate her motivation.
Double standard much?

He’ll be fine. It’s happened more than once where a member of the ruling class had their insurmountable legal troubles just seem to fizzle.

Nothing is going to happen.
i agree. Nothing will happen.

And what does this have to do with James?
James’ office prosecuted the Trump Foundation case. So, my point is that she is filing valid cases.
Michael Cohen, that beacon of truth.
Are you arguing that the Trump Organization didn’t deflate the value of golf courses and other properties to pay less property tax, and then turn around and inflate the value of those same properties when used as collateral for loans? Seems credible to me, and easily provable. Not sure why Cohen would lie about that.

Last edited:
Are you arguing that the Trump Organization didn’t deflate the value of golf courses and other properties to pay less property tax, and then turn around and inflate the value of those same properties when used as collateral for loans?
And bragged about it, calling it a smart business practice.

Are you arguing that the Trump Organization didn’t deflate the value of golf courses and other properties to pay less property tax,
If it is done legally, why would anyone in their right mind do otherwise? Let’s remember that the property tax laws in New York are the work of the Democrats, not Republicans. If “loopholes “ or tax deductions are codified, everyone should access them.
At one time I lived in another state and owned a house there. A periodic tax valuation significantly increased my property tax. I was able to reduce a large percentage of that increase through means made available to me. I have absolutely no guilt in doing so. In fact, I had an obligation to do so.
If someone wants to pay extra taxes, there are ways to do so. Do not criticize others who don’t.

Last edited:
How do you know they are valid? She has compromised her integrity with her political vendetta.
I know the Trump Foundation case was valid because Donald admitted to 19 separate points of wrongdoing.

I presume that the tax fraud case has legs because Donald is trying awfully hard to keep his returns out of the AG’s hands. Plus, we know from leaks that it’s more than likely true.

I’m wondering why you feel the need to be an apologist for the Trump Organization. I can understand defending the President and his actions while in office, but business dealings? Why do you care?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back