The legal reckoning awaiting Donald Trump if he loses the election

• Thread starter Thread starter Zerge
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know the Trump Foundation case was valid because Donald admitted to 19 separate points of wrongdoing.
How long ago was that?
I presume that the tax fraud case has legs because Donald is trying awfully hard to keep his returns out of the AG’s hands. Plus, we know from leaks that it’s more than likely true.
So, you’re okay with a presumption of guilt? Is the IRS that incompetent?
I won’t release my taxes, either. Am I guilty of something?
I’m wondering why you feel the need to be an apologist for the Trump Organization.
Apologize? I’m doing no such thing. I’m just observing the dichotomy of justice regarding Trump and Democrat politicians (Clinton Foundation), as well as the comments of people like AG James.

How long ago was that?
November, 2019. Less than a year ago.
So, you’re okay with a presumption of guilt? Is the IRS that incompetent?
I do believe in a presumption of innocence. I just wonder why he’s fighting a subpoena so hard.
Apologize? I’m doing no such thing.
That’s not what “apologist” means.

You can opine all day long about why some people are investigated and others aren’t. But, we’re only talking about Trump.

Why? Nobody prosecuted Hilary
Prosecution is not a tit for tat. It is done based on the crimes one commits, and what can actually be proven. I am deeply concerned with Americans today. To elect Trump, they shouted to lock up Hillary. Now to re-elect him, they his followers are chanting to lock up Biden. When did we start this sort of totalitarian mentality where political rivals are supposed to be sent to the gulag?

I hope if Biden wins he has enough class to no pursue such a course, or even the wisdom to pardon anything minor or mostly political so the country can heal our divide. We need to come together, not lock up losers.

November, 2019. Less than a year ago.
Is it over?
I do believe in a presumption of innocence. I just wonder why he’s fighting a subpoena so hard.
It’s nobody’s darn business. That’s why. BTW, how’s the investigation going into the NYT release of leaked copies of his taxes? Is AG James looking into that?
I’m not defending anything. He can defend himself.
You can opine all day long about why some people are investigated and others aren’t. But, we’re only talking about Trump.
Yep. That’s the double standard of the last four years. That’s the political and personal vendetta.

40.png
JonNC:
Apologize? I’m doing no such thing.
This was hilarious!
Yes it was hombre.

What actions have been taken to do so? A chant at a political rally is not legal action.
Is it presidential? Can you point the president out to children and tell them to emulate him?

This is the real reason Trump is so desperate to be re-elected. I would be scared, too in his place.
I’m curious: What do you think you’re accomplishing here? Are you just trying to get a rise out of people, given that more folks here are Conservative than not?

Is it presidential? Can you point the president out to children and tell them to emulate him?
I’m not sure that’s a determination that makes a difference. I can’t think of a single politician that I can do that with. Certainly not Biden or Harris, or a single Democrat member of senate judiciary.

I am totally against the Banana Republic idea of criminal retribution against ones political opponents.
I don’t think they should be abandoned just because he’s no longer in office.
Not consistent. Nor do I believe you can establish a single crime he has committed. I am aware that some wish for one to satisfy their schadenfreude. But that’s unbecoming anyone claiming to be Catholic.

Now to re-elect him, they his followers are chanting to lock up Biden. When did we start this sort of totalitarian mentality where political rivals are supposed to be sent to the gulag?
I think you would have to admit, however, that if Biden really is “The Big Guy” to whom 10% of a company related to the Chinese Communist Party was given, and if massive financial rewards to him and his company were in exchange for favors for China, he ought to be prosecuted. Same thing if Hunter was correct and he really did give half his “Burisma money” to Joe Biden and if it was the quid pro quo for the firing of the prosecutor, then Joe Biden should be prosecuted.

Do you disagree with that?

You do know he was Vice President, don’t you, arguably the most powerless and over-rated position in the United States government. It has the two advantages of being easy and a step toward the big enchilada.

If the favors were not criminal, I have no objection. If people did things for him because they thought it gained them something, I have no objection. Understand though I do not read self-serving conservative blogs a month before an election, especially old news. I do not believe in coincidence, but I do know that people with a habit of lying will continue to lie.

But no, as a rule, I am sick and tired of this level of politics where winning means destroying another completely. I would not vote for any politician that I see as a brutal leader. It is all well and good until it turns on you and you are the one being sent off.

I even understood why Ford needed to pardon Nixon.

Last edited:
I’m wondering why you feel the need to be an apologist for the Trump Organization.
And I’m wondering why you feel the need to constantly tear Trump down on this forum. If he charged rent for the headspace he occupies in folks who think like yourself, he’d be a trillionaire.

I detest Biden and the things he stands for, but I don’t go around making threads on him. I just plan to vote against him and call it good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back