The Room Where It Happened šŸ“š

  • Thread starter Thread starter ThinkingSapien
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
On top of that, what a stupid name for a political book! I wonder who came up
with the title!!
 
Which just proves my point that, if 120,000+ dead Americans don’t convince you, likely nothing will.
Which is as ridiculous as saying ā€œIf saving 2.1 million Americans doesnt convince youā€ā€¦
 
I’m not sure what I was expecting when I joined, but I figured disagreements would typically result in people debating esoteric points about something, and not just outright attacking people while hiding behind the Church as an excuse.
I know what you mean.
 
For starters it would take the MSM printing some of the good things President Trump has done and actually giving him credit. If they did fair reporting of some of the good stuff then some of the bad stuff would be easier to look in the eye. But the constant ā€œeverything he does is badā€¦ā€ No, I don’t buy it.
 
Specifically, what merits of Trump?
His economic recovery?
His avoidance of new wars?
His appointment of good judges?
The best unemployment and employment numbers, particularly for people of color , ever.
His support for Israel?
His support for the soon to be born?
His trade policies

How about the demerits?
He says as us stupid stuff.
He is spending taxpayer Money like a drunken (or sober) Democrat.
He says stupid stuff.
His personal morality is not one to be emulated.
He says stupid stuff.
This merits repeating…
 
But the constant ā€œeverything he does is badā€¦ā€ No, I don’t buy it.
I watched CNN for a minute or so during Trump’s rally in Tulsa. They weren’t playing the audio, and the only commentary was about how few people were in attendance - nothing about the substance of what he was saying. And I don’t think it’s a stretch to say that if there were more people in the arena they would be claiming that he was personally unleashing the second wave.
 
For starters it would take the MSM printing some of the good things President Trump has done and actually giving him credit. If they did fair reporting of some of the good stuff then some of the bad stuff would be easier to look in the eye. But the constant ā€œeverything he does is badā€¦ā€ No, I don’t buy it.
That is your perception, perhaps?

There is a saying and I am going to translate it into a cleaner version:

One bad thing negates 10 good things.

That will always be true.

No one will remember what little good he did, only the bad.

Trump’s bad actions, tweets, etc outnumber his good by at least 100 to 1. He is so far in the hole, he will never get out.

Once he leaves office, the History Books will not be kind. It will be an embarrassing lasting legacy to his descendants.
 
Last edited:
@RidgeSprinter

Well, President Trump has done a lot of good. The pandemic succeeded in undoing much of what he accomplished. There are so many people who carry so much vitriol for him, he could do a thousand good things and they will never
give him credit for anything.

It will depend on who writes the history books as to how he will be treated.

Many will say he was a man who finally stood up to the democrats and if he
wouldn’t have won, the corruption of the Obama administration would not have been revealed!! The democrats are happy the covid-19 and the protests have distracted many Americans to the corruption in Obama’s administration.
They are frustrated that these past 4 years were supposed to be theirs.
President Trump is a flawed man, but I applaud him for standing up to the
democrats and surviving whatever they have thrown at him. No other man
could have withstood the criticism, ridicule, harrassment like he has.
 
Last edited:
…generally I find Democrats to be more critical of Democratic leaders than Republicans are of Republican leaders
Wow … I guess it wasnt the Democrats that taught Republicans that ā€˜sex between adults’ - consenting or not was not really a problem for politicians … somehow it seemed to me that Democrats were very forgiving in this area … many many times … I get that in recent history there were a couple of casualties in the Democratic ranks … but not at the top of the DNC - just a mere blip really …

I could list some examples - but then I would be accused of ā€œwhat aboutismā€ - even though you made the comparison between the two parties … However, if you really consider Democrats and non critical attitudes about actions from people in positions of power - I think you can find some pretty egregious examples that disprove your point - without my posting them for you …
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top