Transsexual pronoun dilemma

  • Thread starter Thread starter Cabeelibob
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is no doubt that it happens and it’s horrible. But I have the feeling that there is a difference between encouraging something and shunning.

You understand that homosexuality, for example, is a disordered action according to the church. We cannot encourage homosexual behaviors. Same with someone addicted to porn. You have to help them, not send them away.
 
The good thing is that the Scriptural org chart shows that convicting people of sins falls under the the Holy Spirit.

My job description is to be light, to love people so much that other people glorify God because of my love, and to take care of the plank in my own eye. Those three jobs keep me hopping!!
 
She came out several years ago. I just ignored it in an attempt to mind my own buisness. When she asked me what I thought about her being transgender, I asked in reply, “Why is that important?” She kept insisting that I tell her the truth. /
I cannot lie, and especially to a friend.
I asked her not to force me to do something I believe is sinful. She took it as I believe that who she is is sinful. She wouldn’t listen to me saying that only choices and actions are sinful, not something that you didn’t choose.

I think she has surrounded herself in a box of friends that act like a cult, if someone disagrees, they are banished.

She has struggled with depression for a long time and I do pity her. I would do everything I can for her in what would not compromise my moral integrity, as would anyone I would think. I know from my own personal experiences that depression and anxiety is no joke. (For a while I experienced a decent amount of textbook derealization.) I’m not trying to get pity or empathy for that, just saying that I understand how dark life can get.
Well, if your friend keeps on pressing you after repeated attempts to avoid an uncomfortable conversation, then your friend is just trying to cause trouble, so I would just “wash my hands” of that person.
 
Last edited:
The good thing is that the Scriptural org chart shows that convicting people of sins falls under the the Holy Spirit.

My job description is to be light, to love people so much that other people glorify God because of my love, and to take care of the plank in my own eye. Those three jobs keep me hopping!!
Actually, the Church teaches that instructing the ignorant and admonishing the sinner are spiritual acts of mercy.
There is another adult who is transitioning. They have also been shunned by 99% of the parishioners.
I also read that the Church condemns mutilation that is not necessary for therapeutic reasons (we’re talking about such stuff as amputations to prevent the spread of deadly infections), so “transitioning” can be considered a form of mutilation.
 
Last edited:
(we’re talking about such stuff as amputations to prevent the spread of deadly infections),
Yet, that is your interpretation of the teaching.

People have their bodies mutilated for therapeutic reasons other than amputations due to infection.

My friend just had gastric bypass surgery. Great mutilation, no infection. Is he now in a state of sin?
Actually, the Church teaches that instructing the ignorant and admonishing the sinner are spiritual acts of mercy.
Yes. As long as we are placed in authority over someone, we need to instruct and admonish them.

There is a GREAT difference between instructing/admonishing and hyperfocus on one thing. My gay Catholic friends know the teachings on sex outside of marriage. I do not nave to remind them of it every time we interact.
 
What do you mean by that? The Holy Spirit works through His people. I guess I’m just confuse.
 
So our job as Christians is just to shake our fist at the Holy Spirit for not convincing people of sin? Seems awful passive to me.
 
Where on earth did I say anything close to that?

Scripture tells us to remove the sin from our own life, take the beam out of our own eye.

Scripture tells us to “let your light so shine before men that they see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven”.

Scripture does not tell us to walk around pointing out other’s sins and faults.
 
The Holy Spirit is what convicts people of sin and calls them to repentance. This is done through the grace of our Baptism.

It is the epitome of pride to think that we are supposed to go around telling people they are in sin. Unless people have been unchurched or they are very young children, people know what is sin.
 
Yes. I pretty sure I know how well it would go when the proponants of this are on the receiving end.

I’d leave it up to the Holy Spirit rather than do more harm than good.
 
I’m still curious how you think the Holy spirit speaks to each person individually. Do you think that sinful behavior is different for each person depending on what they think or are educated with? If so, how do they come to find sinful behavior is sinful? Wouldn’t that be our job in spreading the Gospel?

In short should a LGBT lifestyle ever be discussed in a moral way to others?
 
The Holy Spirit was sent to instruct us, to stir our hearts, to draw is to Christ. This is spoken of in Scripture and in the Doctrine of the Church.

The Catechism will get one started on learning about the Holy Spirit:

683 "No one can say ‘Jesus is Lord’ except by the Holy Spirit."1 “God has sent the Spirit of his Son into our hearts, crying, 'Abba! Father!”'2 This knowledge of faith is possible only in the Holy Spirit: to be in touch with Christ, we must first have been touched by the Holy Spirit. He comes to meet us and kindles faith in us. By virtue of our Baptism, the first sacrament of the faith, the Holy Spirit in the Church communicates to us, intimately and personally, the life that originates in the Father and is offered to us in the Son.

Baptism gives us the grace of new birth in God the Father, through his Son, in the Holy Spirit. For those who bear God’s Spirit are led to the Word, that is, to the Son, and the Son presents them to the Father, and the Father confers incorruptibility on them. And it is impossible to see God’s Son without the Spirit, and no one can approach the Father without the Son, for the knowledge of the Father is the Son, and the knowledge of God’s Son is obtained through the Holy Spirit.3
684 Through his grace, the Holy Spirit is the first to awaken faith in us and to communicate to us the new life, which is to "know the Father and the one whom he has sent, Jesus Christ.
 
Forcing the acceptance of boys competing in girls sports will eventually almost eliminate girls’ sports. Where are the “feminists” who “fight on behalf of women”? Mostly not fighting for women in this case.
 
Transwomen competing against ciswomen hasn’t stopped it yet. The main thing that has changed is your awareness of their existence.
 
No one wants to be the object of pity, and friends respect each other. Pity is not compatible with respect
Feeling pity for someone is not a negative and is very much compatible with respect. Often our feelings of pity for someone are a function of our respect for them.

Jesus was moved with pity; we should be too.
 
People have their bodies mutilated for therapeutic reasons other than amputations due to infection.

My friend just had gastric bypass surgery. Great mutilation, no infection. Is he now in a state of sin?
I know I gave an extreme example, but my point is that there should be a medical necessity to this. Other than fixing a deformation to a person’s “parts” that he or she had at birth, what is the medical necessity of “transitioning”?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top