Trayvon Martin: 'Shoot first' law under scrutiny

  • Thread starter Thread starter Robert_Bay
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is also used to dismiss something you don’t want to answer. Every parent knows this. Audio does not reveal actions. What we know is that Zimmerman said “okay.” On the tape, one can hear the tone of this word. We also know that he refused to go meet the police at the neighborhood mailboxes. We know that he was not willing to set a pre-arranged meeting place to meet with the police. We know he left his phone number so that he could arrange a meeting only when the police arrive. Sam looks at these known items and concludes Zimmerman was cooperative. I use this, combined with the catching of the breath over the rest of the conversation and speculate that this was a man that did not know where he was going to be three minutes from then.
I saw that too. I thinks it’s consistent with the theory that he was afraid of the suspect coming after him (didn’t want to give his address) and would probably be able to drive away from the suspect once he got into his truck.

In the end, we are speculating and it’s not right to assume evil intentions about Mr. Zimmerman.
 
I saw that too. I thinks it’s consistent with the theory that he was afraid of the suspect coming after him (didn’t want to give his address) and would probably be able to drive away from the suspect once he got into his truck.

In the end, we are speculating and it’s not right to assume evil intentions about Mr. Zimmerman.
Stating the fact that Zimmerman followed an unknown child,
when he should NOT have done so, rests on fact, not assumption.
 
Stating the fact that Zimmerman followed an unknown child,
when he should NOT have done so, rests on fact, not assumption.
I sure hope you don’t have lapses of judgement when confronted with danger.

I’ve had a gun pointed into my face during a robbery. I was p*ssed when I should have been frightened for my life.
 
In the end, we are speculating and it’s not right to assume evil intentions about Mr. Zimmerman.
Or of Trayvon Martin? Therein is the rub. One must have been at fault. It is hard not to assume, but it really matters little. In the end, we will all have to wait and see.

Let me add that it is possible that neither was guilty of much wrong, though at minimum Zimmerman jumped to an unfounded conclusion about this young man and he may have done the exact same jump about the man who was following him. It may have been reckless and circumstances that lead to this unfortunate death.
 
Neighborhood Watch?
NOT TO FOLLOW or PURSUE.

Who trained Zimmerman?
Anyone? Or is he a lone wolf?

Zimmerman should not have followed for an instant.
Repeating “;watch” over and over as before has worn thin. Could Zimmerman have been unaware of his “duties?” Yes. Does that make him a crook? No. If your doing something ill advised or wrong and then stop after being told so it speaks for itself. Whats happening here, by you, is that after his ill advised following you embrace an outcome that could only mean that Zimmerman came up on Martin and shot him for no reason. Thats what your saying.

Please address the young black “child” that was shot unprovoked in times past by another black adult. I see selective outrage.
 
I sure hope you don’t have lapses of judgement when confronted with danger.

I’ve had a gun pointed into my face during a robbery. I was p*ssed when I should have been frightened for my life.
Can make no sense of your “reply.” Sorry about that.
 
Repeating “;watch” over and over as before has worn thin. Could Zimmerman have been unaware of his “duties?” Yes. Does that make him a crook? No. If your doing something ill advised or wrong and then stop after being told so it speaks for itself. Whats happening here, by you, is that after his ill advised following **you embrace an outcome that could only mean that Zimmerman came up on Martin and shot him for no reason. Thats what your saying. ** Prove that lie or retract it.

Please address the young black “child” that was shot unprovoked in times past by another black adult. I see selective outrage.
Then you don’t know me.

I am uniformly outraged when a child is killed.
Pretending that George was working for the common good? Ridiculous.
 
Or of Trayvon Martin? Therein is the rub. One must have been at fault. It is hard not to assume, but it really matters little. In the end, we will all have to wait and see.
I agree. Neither should be crucified.
 
I’ll continue to state:
Zimmermen should not have been following the child.
Standard police and watch practice agree on that - without exception.
Great, I am glad you have gleaned that information. I’m not sure if you can face prosecution for “following a 17 year old”.

Now, we can await the two federal, two state, and one county investigation to find out if there was any criminal wrongdoing.

Sound fair?
 
Great, I am glad you have gleaned that information. I’m not sure if you can face prosecution for “following a 17 year old”.

Now, we can await the two federal, two state, and one county investigation to find out if there was any criminal wrongdoing.

Sound fair?
Following an unknown person while carrying a loaded weapon,
having deemed the person “suspicious” to you, pretending to
neighborhood watch duties that strictly forbid such ‘following’ -
yes, we await outcome of further investigation.
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamH
And everyone Jackson to Sharpton to Obama are trying to profit from it.

wtam.com/cc-common/news/s…v7gOZ_817Dw1AA

thesmokinggun.com/documen…demarks-769123
If so, then that’s their problem.
Actually cathrina, if their remarks incite violence, it will be all our problems.
This could have been handled by the rule of law, without “preachers” screaming hate and protests all over the country had the media not decided to try the case themselves on air without all the evidence.
 
Can make no sense of your “reply.” Sorry about that.
Given you emotional and speculative posts, I’m not surprised.

Next time you are facing mortal danger, let me know how rational you are.

BTW, the girls who stuck their gun in my face couldn’t have been over 15. But then, I didn’t ask them for their birth certificates. 🤷
 
Following an unknown person while carrying a loaded weapon,
having deemed the person “suspicious” to you, pretending to
neighborhood watch duties that strictly forbid such ‘following’ -
yes, we await outcome of further investigation.
Great, glad we can agree on something. In your stated case, none of those items are illegal. I don’t thinkg the grand jury will be indicting for “not following correct neighborhood watch protocol.” "

:rolleyes:

Florida state law allows concealed carry. I know, because I have a non-resident license.
 
Following an unknown person while carrying a loaded weapon,
having deemed the person “suspicious” to you, pretending to
neighborhood watch duties that strictly forbid such ‘following’ -
yes, we await outcome of further investigation.
Let us say everything you assert is true, even though not proven. If The 5’9" guy made an error of judgment and the 6’3" male over powered him and was beating him even though the perceived threat to him had passed does that mean the 5’9" male must give up his life? Is he not entitled to repel with enough force to save himself?
 
Then you don’t know me.

I am uniformly outraged when a child is killed.
Pretending that George was working for the common good? Ridiculous.
I stand corrected on your outrage on the deaths of others. I have not seen your numerous posts on this issue. As expected though, you addressed none of the other issues of which I wrote about.
 
Yes, but I will add that it is also wrong to acquit him. I will be curious to see how this trial plays out, and yes, I would bet a large sum that there will be a trial even if there shouldn’t be.

At best, he will be changed forever, colored by the scandal of this event. At best, the other way, he will be convicted and serve time for a lesser charge. That is how I see this unfolding.
At best Mr. Zimmerman will not be hunted down and murdered by a mob incited by hate filled preachers and a liberal media.
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamH
And everyone Jackson to Sharpton to Obama are trying to profit from it.

wtam.com/cc-common/news/s…v7gOZ_817Dw1AA

thesmokinggun.com/documen…demarks-769123

Actually cathrina, if their remarks incite violence, it will be all our problems.
This could have been handled by the rule of law, without “preachers” screaming hate and protests all over the country had the media not decided to try the case themselves on air without all the evidence.
If you haven’t noticed, this is already “all our problems.”
I haven’t heard (or read) a word by either “preacher” and have no plans to do so.

Diving into such emotional coverage insures
there will be more such emotional coverage.
I won’t be encouraging that. It’s irrelevant to me.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top