Trump administration to execute three inmates

  • Thread starter Thread starter godisgood77
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

godisgood77

Guest
The Trump administration, unfortunately, has aggressively pursued re-introducing the death penalty after a 17 year hiatus. The Supreme Court agreed to permit the first federal executions since 2003…

This article focuses on one inmate… there are two more scheduled.

A sad day for Pro-Life 😦

 
Last edited:
A sad day for Pro-Life
Pop the corn and get ready for the bruhaha!

Especially from those who do not see a difference between pro-life and pro-birth.

And, all this after the sanctimonious claims that “ALL lives matter”…apparently NOT!

Holy Mary, Mother of God, Pray for Us!
 
Can we pray the Divine Mercy Chaplet for those who are scheduled to be killed by the state?
 
Can we pray the Divine Mercy Chaplet for those who are scheduled to be killed by the state?
That would be very nice and so very appropriate!

A very sad fact from the article…"Ms. Peterson (mother of one of the victims), along with her daughter and granddaughter, have urged President Trump to commute Mr. Lee’s sentence to life imprisonment, but received no response.

Even with the mother begging for mercy, this is going forward… appalling.
 
They are all child killers I understand and the State is carrying out the executions, not the Trump administration.
 
They are all child killers I understand and the State is carrying out the executions, not the Trump administration.
The Trump administration aggressively pursued this. Sure you can say the state is carrying out the executions, but the Trump administration made it happen. It is plain as day.
 
The Trump administration on Tuesday morning carried out the first federal execution since 2003, after a divided Supreme Court rejected inmate claims that using pentobarbital for lethal injections would be unconstitutional.

A sad day in America when we opt for murder over rehabilitation. No one deserves to be murdered… from the unborn child to the death row inmate.

#prolifeforthewholelife
 
It really is time for change…Trump took an America that was already great (with a legacy of compassion, fairness, and equality) with the promise he would make it great again…yet here we are, with America not looking so great…America can be made great again, because it went from great to dismal over the last 3 3/4 years, but its not the guy to tarnished it who can brighten it…I may just buy one of the MAGA hats (after the election) in hopes a new administration can live up to it!
 
Last edited:
Pray a second one for all the dead babies endorsed by Biden too, while you are it.
 
Pray a second one for all the dead babies endorsed by Biden too, while you are it
Yes, we might as well get it out of the way that the death penalty is not an intrinsic evil per the Church as euthanasia and abortion are.
 
Pray a second one for all the dead babies endorsed by Biden too, while you are it.
Sure will…

Not sure of your point though… are you saying we should turn a blind eye to the aggressive reintroduction of the death penalty by the current administration?
 
Yes, we might as well get it out of the way that the death penalty is not an intrinsic evil per the Church as euthanasia and abortion are.
Was waiting for that comment… To be clear though, the death penalty is inadmissible for Catholics. it is a scandal for those in the Catholic pro-life movement to remain silent on the use of the death penalty or worse yet actively support it.
 
I am not fan of the death penalty, and frankly am opposed. I also recognize it happens in exponentially less numbers than abortions, so that tempers the over the top reactions a bit.

My comment on the poster who presumed to know how most of us felt about the executions being carried out, joked about it, mentioned grabbing popcorn, claimed they’d pray a chaplet when it apparently caught there attention that no one else found it amusing, shifted back into political mode and decided to use it as means to attack the current President. I am always skeptical of people who aim to score political points, then pivot to the obligatory “I’ll include you in my prayers” theme. On top of defending the opposing candidate ad nauseum in other topics. If we are to believe a chaplet will actually be said for the men, it stands to reason he’ll being them for all the babies who with die with the hearty support of the person he is voting as well, right?
 
Not at all. I oppose both. I also gain a measure of realism by looking at the sheer numbers of executions versus abortions in tempering my response.
 
Not at all. I oppose both. I also gain a measure of realism by looking at the sheer numbers of executions versus abortions in tempering my response.
Okay, got it.

This is a thread about the unfortunate and aggressive reintroduction of the death penalty - which makes a sad day in America.

Let’s not make it in to an argument about moral equivalency between abortion and the death penalty, please.
 
Not at all. I oppose both. I also gain a measure of realism by looking at the sheer numbers of executions versus abortions in tempering my response.
Either all lives matter or they don’t.

Do all lives matter, Dr.?
 
Of course. I have chimed in during topics on both. There is a reason why I quoted a particular poster, however.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top