TV: House

  • Thread starter Thread starter Katie1723
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
More than anything I’m getting annoyed with how the series is going out of its way to indulge House’s atheism. When he committed suicide last week to see if there was an afterlife… (shaking head) What did you expect, House?

For as smart a character as he is, it’s incredibly frustrating to see him so infantile about religion. Put down the guitar and pick up some Aquinas, for heaven’s sake.
In case you hadn’t noticed, he is DR. House, not FR. House. :rolleyes: Part of his “charm” is his irascibilty. I just can’t picture him with a Roman collar.:cool:
Kathy
 
In case you hadn’t noticed, he is DR. House, not FR. House. :rolleyes: Part of his “charm” is his irascibilty. I just can’t picture him with a Roman collar.:cool:
Kathy
Father House? Same personality, but with a Roman collar. Now, there’s an idea for a new series. Not that I’m recommending it.
 
More than anything I’m getting annoyed with how the series is going out of its way to indulge House’s atheism. When he committed suicide last week to see if there was an afterlife… (shaking head) What did you expect, House?

For as smart a character as he is, it’s incredibly frustrating to see him so infantile about religion. Put down the guitar and pick up some Aquinas, for heaven’s sake.
I think he is approachng a “come to Jesus” moment
 
I want the old team back. I can’t stand the evil chick. She’s too much.
 
:confused:
I want the old team back. I can’t stand the evil chick. She’s too much.
I still thisnk they are going to end up with two teams. Foreman .leading one and the new additions being evil chick, upsdie down number guy and old guy who is not a Dr,
 
:confused:

I still thisnk they are going to end up with two teams. Foreman .leading one and the new additions being evil chick, upsdie down number guy and old guy who is not a Dr,
I like everybody but the evil chick.
 
hhmmmmm. I don’t think so. That would “altar” his character too much:D
Well there could be a host of reasons he would do so. I know he likes to rail at people espcecially when he is amboing down the hall.but in the end I think hell quit being so cross and perhaps ressurect some of those good feelings he ocassionaly shows.
 
Well there could be a host of reasons he would do so. I know he likes to rail at people espcecially when he is amboing down the hall.but in the end I think hell quit being so cross and perhaps ressurect some of those good feelings he ocassionaly shows.
Well, that may be a correct assumption if he has reconciliation with his old desciples. But I don’t think the creator of the series has given any sign of confirmation as of yet. I guess we will just have to have perseverence and await with hope.
 
Well, that may be a correct assumption if he has reconciliation with his old desciples. But I don’t think the creator of the series has given any sign of confirmation as of yet. I guess we will just have to have perseverence and await with hope.
You think he has a ghost of a chance of changing? ? I will confess I am not married to the current format. ? I mean its not ordained he be an atheist is it?
 
You think he has a ghost of a chance of changing? ? I will confess I am not married to the current format. ? I mean its not ordained he be an atheist is it?
While, I am not convicted that he is predestined to remain an atheist, it will take a miracle for him to have a conversion. Perhaps an agnostic for the rest of this season, then if he is not crucified in the ratings, he will remove the scales from his eyes. A self-surgery right on camera.
 
While, I am not convicted that he is predestined to remain an atheist, it will take a miracle for him to have a conversion. Perhaps an agnostic for the rest of this season, then if he is not crucified in the ratings, he will remove the scales from his eyes. A self-surgery right on camera.
To me, House is a work in progress like all the rest of us. Will we see him have a “come to Jesus” moment? I think probably not. But there have been those continual little tweaks where he at least questions his core beliefs. The fact that he tried the knife in the outlet thing, regardless of what conclusion he comes to, says that at least some doubt and openess has been introduced. The episode with the unborn baby grabbing his finger, after he had recommended abortion, was another such instance. What I see happening is a movement toward some greater respect for life, but without losing that “endearing” irrascibility that makes him such an interesting character.
40.png
JimG:
Father House? Same personality, but with a Roman collar. Now, there’s an idea for a new series. Not that I’m recommending it.
Unfortunately those guys already exist in real life, and I’ve dealt with a couple of them in my life. The big difference is that House may be a pain, but he saves people’s lives. Fr. House just drives people from God and the Church. 😦
 
Unfortunately those guys already exist in real life, and I’ve dealt with a couple of them in my life. The big difference is that House may be a pain, but he saves people’s lives. Fr. House just drives people from God and the Church. 😦
I don’t know; the idea kind of intrigues me. It would be interesting to see Fr. House interact with the parish council, or respond to the liturgy police.
 
Someone else I would like to see tossed back into the mix…I believe he was Officer Tritter…

Kathy
 
It was interesting to hear House quoting scripture the other week. When the Mormon doctor refused to help with the Tequila test, House asked him “would you pull an *** out of a pit on the Sabbath?”

(That’s *** as in a 3 letter word for donkey! Hey,if it’s in the Bible, should it be filtered?) <;-).>
 
Its dissapointing to read all these negative posts about House. I’ve only started to watch them on DVD and am almost done with the second season. I really have enjoyed the show up to this point.

Too bad it looks like the show takes a turn for the worse. 😦
 
Its dissapointing to read all these negative posts about House. I’ve only started to watch them on DVD and am almost done with the second season. I really have enjoyed the show up to this point.

Too bad it looks like the show takes a turn for the worse. 😦
I was in a panic Wednesday morning when I saw it hadnt recorded. Then I remembere it had been preempted by the baseball game. I never heard of houselast April my daughter gave me the first season DVDs. I got hooked. I just wish theyd get back to the original team.
 
Its dissapointing to read all these negative posts about House. I’ve only started to watch them on DVD and am almost done with the second season. I really have enjoyed the show up to this point.

Too bad it looks like the show takes a turn for the worse. 😦
Aw, that’s a matter of opinion. There are things I might not like right now but that’s only because I’d gotten to know the characters so well. It’s still a great show and I’m sure it will continue.

I’m going to ask Santa for those DVD’s. I only started watching House about a year ago.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top