Bible…
Just a quick question… I am confused by some of your statements and simply want to clarify. Do you believe that Jesus, the son of God, was created by God?
Not saying to instigate anythign. I am honestly asking…
In Christ
Thank you heisenburg, I appreciate your gentle question.
Yes, Jesus was created by YHWH… Everything and Everyone else was created “through Jesus and for Jesus”
The scriptures identify Jesus as “the firstborn of all creation,” and “the beginning of the creation by God.” (Col 1:15; Re 1:1; 3:14)
Jesus also confirmed that:
(John 6:57) … I live because of the Father…
Lastly, we have the prophetic/symbolic description of Jesus as "wisdom personified at Proverbs 8:22-31
How do we know that the description of wisdom at Proverbs 8:22-31 applies to Jesus Christ in his prehuman existence?
The inspired description of wisdom found in the book of Proverbs reads: “YHWH himself produced me as the beginning of his way, the earliest of his achievements of long ago. .
.. Before the mountains themselves had been settled down, ahead of the hills, I was brought forth as with labor pains .
.. When he prepared the heavens I was there; .
.. then I came to be beside him as a master worker, and I came to be the one he was specially fond of day by day, I being glad before him all the time, .
.. and the things I was fond of were with the sons of men.”
This passage cannot be speaking merely about divine wisdom or wisdom in the abstract. Why not? Because the wisdom that is here described was “produced,” or created, as the beginning of YHWH’s way. YHWH has always existed and has always been wise. (Psalm 90:1,*2) His wisdom had no beginning; it was neither created nor produced. It was not “brought forth as with labor pains.” Furthermore, this wisdom is said to speak and act, representing a person.—Proverbs 8:1.
The book of Proverbs says that long ago wisdom was beside YHWH, the Creator, as “a master worker.” That certainly applies to Jesus.
Depicting the Son of God as wisdom is appropriate, since he was the One who revealed YHWH’s wise purposes and decrees. During his prehuman existence, Jesus was God’s Word, or Spokesman. (John 1:1) He is described as being “the power of God and the wisdom of God.” (1*Corinthians 1:24,*30) What a beautiful description of the Son of God, whose fondness for mankind moved him to give his life as a ransom in their behalf!—John 3:16.