Unofficial Election Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter PaulinVA
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
a few posters always bring it around to that so that it basically shuts down any discussion of other important subjects…I would appreciate it if you and the others who do the same, would in fact not derail our discussions by making every topic all about abortion
Maybe it’s because the Democratic Party appears to be obsessed with protecting it with an almost demonic ferocity. Remember the Iowa democrats prayer for abortion? (Video below)

“We give thanks, oh Lord, for the doctors, both current and future, who provide quality abortion care.”

Like I said, obsessed! Remember Barack Obama’s speech to Planned Parenthood? Creepy! That’s why that IMO, any thread that involves political parties will inevitably mention abortion. Because of a certain party’s preoccupation with it.

Last edited:
Maybe it’s because the Democratic Party appears to be obsessed with protecting it with an almost demonic ferocity. Remember the Iowa democrats prayer for abortion? (Video below)

“We give thanks, oh Lord, for the doctors, both current and future, who provide quality abortion care.”

Like I said, obsessed! Remember Barack Obama’s speech to Planned Parenthood? Creepy! That’s why that IMO, any thread that involves political parties will inevitably mention abortion. Because of a certain party’s preoccupation with it.
I have to remind myself to be careful with how I talk on this matter but the Democratic Party is almost synonymous with Planned Parenthood and I don’t think many people know the facts. Tina Smith, Democratic Senator Minnesota, former PP director, I have come to find out Democrat staffers on Capitol HIll working for Democrats is not that rare who also worked for PP in the past. They are really entwined with each other.

Let alone, Infanticide is pretty much on the block too.

I don’t think people know of the very deep connections that makes voting for the Democrat party pretty much unacceptable for me.

And it’s a big money making racket,

They get taxpayer dollar but they make endorsements as an organization?

Last edited:
I don’t think people know of the very deep connections that makes voting for the Democrat party pretty much unacceptable for me.
If it is unacceptable for you, then don’t do it! Just like the bumper sticker: “Against abortion? Then don’t have one!”

Last edited:
If it is unacceptable for you, then don’t do it! Just like the bumper sticker: “Against abortion? Then don’t have one!”
I was talking about voting for the Democrats.

I am an American and I have a right to speech. Planned Parenthood receives tax dollars? Somehow I don’t have a right to speak?

Infanticide? Does that follow your logic too?

“Infanticide, don’t like it, don’t do it”?

And let alone, funding abortions overseas, there is a lot to it. Real classy, funding abortions in Latin America or Haiti or Africa. Those who vote for this should own it too.

Do I approve of 33% of all abortions in the USA being done on the Black Unborn?? Do I approve in some places, one half of all African American unborn being aborted?

If one votes for Democrats, one is voting for these things generally speaking.

Do I approve of most Planned Parenthood clinics being more predominant in Minority areas if not targettng those areas?

Save me the '70s Feminist Bumper Sticker speech puh-leeze.

One might try to follow the conversation.

Also, if one calls this “boring”, this is a Catholic forum afterall.

My opinion is that Catholic Catechism says those enabling abortion through their vote are pretty much part of abortions performed.

Seems a bit of an attempt to stop the conversation, all the Democrat voters never address their role in all of this.

“Oh, the Republicans do this”, “yeah, but a 3rd of all abortions in the US are to African American unborn”, silence.

How horrific that logic was, abortion is simplified but should not be.

Voting for Biden is voting for children overseas, 3rd world nations to be aborted. Real ethical huh? Best to avoid the conversation. The list goes on.

The Beast should really be exposed, how can anyone vote for such? This is important.

This matter gets oversimplified, “Don’t want an abortion, don’t get one”, Well, I don’t need infanticide, I don’t need abortions overseas, I don’t need what Kanye West calls genocide as that article was posted over the last week.

Democrats should not hide from supporting the law that enables all of this.

Read up!

And I’l just add, some of this needs to be said because of whom are often accusing others of racism.

Last edited:
I knew a family that faced bankruptcy over their child being born prematurely and insurance didn’t cover the over 100 thousand dollars of his hospital stay.
That happens sometimes. There are no guarantees in this lifetime of anything but death. I dealt with a multi-hundred thousand dollar life saving surgery myself, without insurance.
Propping myself up financially on the corpses of aborted children is a non-negotiable for me.
I don’t have a right to financial comfort.
The argument that we might have a right to not go bankrupt does not make sense to me. Especially when it is used to support socialized medicine which will include abortion.
I think that, as Catholics, we need to remind ourselves that our purpose in life is heaven, not material well being or a few more months or years on this planet.

Since both countries pretty much have abortion on demand, I think you can pretty safely take that factor out of the equation when comparing health outcomes.
Ironically, that would be burying the evidence.

Last edited:
Logic like that can be used to justify anything, from murder on a small scale to genocide.

I was talking about voting for the Democrats.
So was I. You can talk as much as you want to. You can vote for whomever you want to. Just like everyone else. The problem is that you keep on dragging abortion into every thread. And that is boring.

Let’s have a rational conversation about the whole reproductive process, which includes abortions, too. But not in a thread about the election results.

How is abortion part of the reproductive process.? It is anything but.Have you even though through your comments before you,a,e them?

So was I. You can talk as much as you want to. You can vote for whomever you want to. Just like everyone else. The problem is that you keep on dragging abortion into every thread. And that is boring.

Let’s have a rational conversation about the whole reproductive process, which includes abortions, too. But not in a thread about the election results.
You were the first one I saw when I opened this thread up today and were calling abortion “boring”, I didn’t bring it up. False accusation, sure, somewhere I might have brought it up, so have others. . Right, did you not bring up abortion calling it boring?? I did not.

If you want a rational conversation of the whole reproductive process, there is the social issues and moral theology section.

I do not see you list “Catholic” in your bio. This is a Catholic forum after all.

You were the first one I saw when I opened this thread up today and were calling abortion “boring”, I didn’t bring it up.
I called the incessant dragging the abortion into any and all discussions “boring”. The distinction is relevant.

I see post #12 mention abortion, whatever it is and that was not me doing that. Maybe others joined in.

The facts should none the less be stated.

the incessant dragging the abortion into any and all discussions “boring”.
That said, I would appreciate it if you and the others who do the same, would in fact not derail our discussions by making every topic all about abortion. It effectively hijacks discussions and shuts them down. It is unfair to posters who would actually like to dialogue about other subjects.
When discussing politics, elections and healthcare issues in the United States here at a Catholic forum, you can not skip discussing abortion. It plays deeply into the politics here and this thread is a political thread about the recent elections here in the United States and abortion was a big issue on the ballot.

Asking us to not talk about abortion and politics is like asking during the Civil War for people not to bring up slavery, which I am sure those who supported it did.

Abortion is the moral issue of our day because if healthcare is not going to care for the least among us as Christ told us to do, it won’t adequately care for those born.

Last edited:
If people are derailing threads, then report it to the moderator. The truth is, it is not derailing threads. This is what a lot of Catholics think about when they vote.

40.png
Jeanne_S:
What the heck is that?
She meant “you make.” My guess is @Jeanne_S responds on her phone or tablet, which can cause errors like this. We need to be gentle with each other and assume the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back