What book(s) are you reading?

• Thread starter Thread starter StudentMI
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Still reading Swann’s Way, started Crisis and Leviathan. Also reading Unbelief: Its Causes and Cures, and Searching For and Maintaining Peace on my phone. The latter two I highly recommend to Catholics.

Catholic Heroes of Southern California, by Msgr. Francis J. Weber

Still working my way through Fr Groeschel’s books on Devotion to Jesus Christ (both the book on devotion and the companion book on prayer).

A biography of Rasputin.

“First Bite: How We Learn To Eat”

“Face Paint: The Story of Makeup”

That book about the Los Angeles Library fire.

Pure Heart, Clear Conscience: Living a Catholic Moral Life by James Keating

Just finished Everywhere in Chains by James Caspar.
Currently reading the second book in the Kristin Lavransdatter series: The Wife and dabbling in the poetry of Siegfried Sassoon (Collected Poems) and Christina Rossetti (The Poetry of Christina Rossetti).

Last edited:
Oh I love Christina Rossetti. *In the Bleak Midwinter * is one of my favorite wintertime songs.

Just finished SEX, PRIESTS AND SECRET CODES: The Catholic Church’s 2000-year Paper Trail of Sexual Abuse, byThomas P. Doyle, A.W. Richard Sipe, Patrick J. Wall.

Yikes.

I was reading “Prince Caspian”, a book in the Chronicles of Narnia Series, but, I seem to have misplaced my book, and the gospel of Mark.

I’m reading ‘The Faith of the Early Fathers’ by W.A. Jurgens as well as ‘Heretics’ by G.K. Chesterton.

Just read a really good book: The family and the New Totalitarianism, by Michael D. O’Brien. Highly recommend it.

Currently reading the second book in the Kristin Lavransdatter series: The Wife
What do you think of it so far?

For myself, just started Connie Rossini’s “The Q & A Guide to Mental Prayer.” She always has solid teaching.

I’ve just finished it and will be ordering the final book in her trilogy The Cross soon.
I very much enjoy her writing. Her books are well researched and her own history is fascinating. Her characters are complex and treated with respect.
Undset offers a lot of psychological insight. Her books make me want to slow down my reading.
My copy of The Wife is a Penguin classic edition.
I’m excited to see that Ignatius Press is bringing attention to bear on this author with a release of her novel Ida Elizabeth.Here’s a link to the write-up for your perusal.
https://ignatiusnovels.com/novels/ida-elisabeth/

Last edited:
How the Choir Converted the World: Through Hymns, With Hymns, and In Hymns, by Mike Aquilina.

Last edited:
The Art of War by Sun Tzu
Bulfinch’s Mythology
Commentary on the Song of Songs
by St. Bernard of Clairvaux

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back