What book(s) are you reading?

• Thread starter Thread starter StudentMI
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just finished To Save a Thousand Souls by Fr. Brett Brannen and I’m about to start True Devotion to Mary by St. Louis de Montfort.

The Volunteer - Jack Fairweather

The Sovereignty of God - A.W. Pink

I remember reading The Wheel of Time series years ago. I quit reading because the characters annoyed me greatly. It honestly took me a little too long to figure out what was annoying me about those books, but then it hit me all at once. All that series boils down to is some man’s fantasy of having a harem of women. They can count me out when it comes to watching any series based on it.

Still chugging along at War and Peace by Tolstoy. Three years and counting. My excuse is college. Almost done!!! Hoping to be done by the end of the Summer.

I am currently reading ‘Storylines’ by Mike Pilvachi and Andy Croft; which talks about how most stories in the Bible (such as Abraham and Isaac, etc.) are directly linked to the story of Jesus. It’s a really interesting and entertaining book that I think many others would like.

33 Days to Morning Glory (Marian consecration retreat… I’m on day 5… last day on Our Lady of The Rosary feast))

A Handbook of Catholic Apologetics by Kreeft + other guy

And still: Fire Within by Thomas Dubay

Last edited:
I’m reading multiple books at the moment. And, as soon as one is finished, I have another in a list to take its place.

During breaks at work: The Catechism of the Catholic Church

In a group: Catholic Christianity, Peter Kreeft

For pleasure: Against Heresies, St Irenaeus (Just started, but I’m wanting to get through the whole Church Fathers series)

Study: The Catholic Study Bible

Language review: Lingua Latina per se illustrata, Hans Ørberg

I’ve just read Letter to a Suffering Church, by Bishop Robert Barron

That All Shall Be Saved; Heaven, Hell and Universal Salvation, by David Bentley Hart.

It’s a topic of great interest to me, even though I know that Hart writes from an Orthodox Christian perspective, and proposes a Universalism which most Catholics and Christians are not willing or able to accept.

Last edited:
Just finished up Fr James Mallon’s book Divine Renovation now reading Rediscover Catholicism by Matthew Kelly.

Since I’m starting RCIA on Sunday, doing some preparatory reading:

US Catholic Catechism for Adults

The Fathers of the Church by Mike Aquilina

Signs of Life by Scott Hahn

I have others planned in the future but these should keep me busy for a few more weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back