What book(s) are you reading?

• Thread starter Thread starter StudentMI
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mystic of the Holy Wounds - The Life and Revelations of Sister Mary Martha Chambon

I am half-way through “The Day is now Far Spent.”

Cardinal Robert Sarah is truly a prophetic voice for our times!

Audiobook…No Ordinary Time by Doris Kearns Goodwin

Hardcopy…Blood of the Martyrs - Seed of the Church by Paul Thigpen

Little Women Cookbook

and

A Prairie Devotional by Wendi Lou Lee (Baby Grace on Little House On The Prairie)

I have read “Knowing God” by Theologian J.I.Packard
and “the World as I see it/From my later Years” by
Albert Einstein.

Approached with prayer, this book feels like Fr. Groeschel is holding my hands and eyes in discussion. Although a short read, I am in no hurry…taking pauses along the way.

It really is. I was really surprised by just how insightful it is and how many aspects of Christian life it covers.

I’ve been sticking to the Bible. I want to dig into a few books that I have on the Church Fathers eventually.

A Pathway under the Gaze of Mary -------Biography of Sister Maria Lucia of Jesus and the Immaculate Heart. ( one of the 3 children at Fatima )

Christus Vincit, by Bishop Athanasius Schneider
Mystical City of God, Volume 4, by Venerable Sr Mary of Jesus of Agreda
and too many others to list, but these are my main ones.

I’m the biggest Tolkien nerd you’ll ever find. I’ve read all the books several times each, as well as many of his short stories, like “Leaf By Niggle,” “Farmer Giles of Ham,” and “Smith of Wooton Major.”
In religious reading, I just finished Chesterton’s The Everlasting Man and I’m in the middle of Peter Kreeft’s amazing book Prayer for Beginners.
I also just got into the Psmith series by one of my favorite authors, PG Wodehouse. Psmith is now one of my favorite literary characters of all time.

And, uh, not that it’s a contest or anything, @HopkinsReb, but I’ve read The Silmarillion four times 😉

Who’s your favorite character and which is your favorite story?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back