What book(s) are you reading?

• Thread starter Thread starter StudentMI
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just finished The Innocents (and other stories) by Gertrud von le Fort (Ignatius Press edition) and am starting The Man Who Was Thursday by G.K. Chesterton.

An Exorcist Explains the Demonic by Fr. Gabriele Amorth (Sophia Institute Press, 2015) Pretty chilling, but with all the evil and demonic influences in the world it is necessary to have some knowledge on these things.

Today I’m starting on The Priest Is Not His Own by Venerable Fulton Sheen.

Oedipus Rex by Sophocles. Had it for a while, about time I read it. I feel like it’s ruined because I already know the story.

I just finished 2 Maccabees today. I am reading, for the second time, what Catholics really believe by Karl Keating.

Awe thanks very much.

Yes I really hope to become a priest but worry how to place this with family.

I read Mark, Luke and John in the last month,

Also part of True Devotion to Mary which I hope to make more time for

Last edited:
Finally getting through Orthodoxy, by GK Chesterton. I tried it once when I was much younger and I just couldn’t do it. I am getting a lot more out of it this time around.

Awe thank you so much.

I was reading a section from a discernment resource and its says you have to submit to our lord and say i will do your will lord and god will guide you, ok you can say No but you will not be truly happy. I cant stand back much longer and have this bottled up inside.

Please pray for me

God bless

Last edited:
Just started The Monks of Mount Athos: A western monk’s extraordinary spiritual journey on eastern holy ground by M. Basil Pennington OCSO

ZP

I just found this on my bookshelf, a purchase I had long forgotten about! I am glad to hear you’re enjoying it. I hope to get to it soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back