What book(s) are you reading?

• Thread starter Thread starter StudentMI
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonderful thank you for the recommendations. I have really changed my mindset since a yo save a thousand souls. There’s a section that says you must drive the car forward in your discerment and this is what I have been doing. God bless you

Last edited:
Actively reading:
  • The Concept in Thomism - John Frederik Peifer
  • Aristotle’s Revenge: The Metaphysical Foundations of Physical and Biological Science - Edward Feser
  • The Interior Castle - Teresa of Avila
  • The Unity of Philosophical Experience - Etienne Gilson
  • The Wheel of Time: The Fires of Heaven - Robert Jordan
  • Ecclesiasticus in the Knox Bible

Last edited:
I can recommend three books for anyone else discerning the priesthood. All three deal with the true meaning and sacrifice of the priesthood viewed from different perspectives.

The Priest Is Not His Own by Archbishop Fulton Sheen

With God In Russia by Fr. Walter Ciszek SJ

He Leadeth Me by Fr. Walter Ciszek SJ

God Have Mercy: The Life of John Fisher of Rochester by Michael Macklem.

I just finished Saint Thomas Aquinas by G.K. Chesterton and it was good!

I really need to get into some good fiction. I’ve been reading a lot of nonfiction this year.

I finished reading Wise Children by Angela Carter. There’s a nugget of a good premise, but it fails on so many levels.

The Jesus Prayer: A Cry for Mercy, a Path of Renewal by John Michael Talbot

I am currently reading:

The Catholic Gentleman - Sam Guzman

How To Read Your Way To Heaven - Vicki Burbach

Afterwards I will read Champions of the Rosary - Fr. Donald Calloway

🙂

I don’t know if this counts as its an audiobook, but I’ve just started listening to the Handbook of Catholic Apologetics by Peter Kreeft

Re-reading the Old Testament. I’m starting with Leviticus because I’ve tried doing this twice and have only finished Exodus before stopping.

I think audiobooks count. I prefer reading to audio. But I too am about to listen to a Peter Kreeft audiobook I checked out at the library. The Philosophy of Thomas Aquinas. It’s more of a course with a written course guide included than a book.

Is the study Bible the old & new Testament? I downloaded this study Bible with formed.org but its only the new Testament I’ve got.

It’s only the New Testament. The Old Testament is scheduled to be released at the end of 2020. The physical copy of the OT will be in two separate volumes. I’m not sure if there are plans to eventually release the Old and New in a single physical volume. For downloads I’m not sure if the Old will be one or two separate downloads. I’ll be getting the physical books.

The Complete Prose Tales of Alexandr Sergeyevitch Pushkin translated from the Russian by Gillon R. Aitken.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back