What book(s) are you reading?

• Thread starter Thread starter StudentMI
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
An Explorer’s Guide to Julian of Norwich, by Veronica Mary Rolf.

Jesus and the Jewish Roots of Mary: Unveiling the Mother of the Messiah by Brant Pitre

I picked up the 4 Volume City of God on Ebay - pricey, but less that the cost of new. I ended up reading an abridged version, hoping to eventually read the 4 volumes. I just started Diary of Saint Maria Faustina.

I also recently finished this. My mom is elderly and we are having to help her with many things. It gave me a renewed energy to focus on what is important to Mom and support her with those desires. She is not near death, but at that age where she no longer drives, needs someone with her, etc. Example: she is 86 years old at hates mamograms. There has been no history in our family and she decided she’s not going for the test because she wouldn’t take treatment anyway. She hates the dentist and they had her coming 4 times a year for cleanings. She decided once is year suits her.

Narrative Inquiry: Experience and Story in Qualitative Research by Clandinin and Connelly. I’m only reading it because a doctoral student is taking an independent study with me this semester and chose this as one of her books since she is designing a course on qualitative research. I don’t like the book. The authors drone on too much (as does Narrative Inquiry, in my opinion).

I probably don’t have to say this to the forum, but you might want to avoid this text unless you’re an insomniac and are looking for a non-medicinal way to go to sleep quickly!

Last edited:
Ethnography and Qualitative Design in Educational Research by LeCompte and Preissle

Last edited:
I’ve been enjoying “The Consolations Of Philosophy” by
Alain de Botton and will be looking for other books by this author

Dante

I am reading more secular than you guys now, “Old Bones” by Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child.

The Imitation of Christ. Like with the Bible there’s barely a day that goes by that I am not reading this.

Ecclesiastes

Last edited:
Just bought the St Athanasius book from Aeterna Press which has 6 of his writings collected in it. Cannot wait to dig into it!

Currently re-reading Reasonable Faith by William Lane Craig after watching his interview with Matt Fradd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back