What book(s) are you reading?

• Thread starter Thread starter StudentMI
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am reading: “Christus Vincit”,… “Christ’s Triumph Over the Darkness of the Age” by Bishop Athanasius Schneider. It boggles my mind how someone can know so much history and explain how events and certain people affect outcomes.

What a gifted mind the author has. It is a book that will not allow me to speed read, and I am learning a lot from it.

I’m currently reading Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis and am over halfway through.
There are so many books I want to read and have in a “queue” of sorts but not enough time…

What We Can’t Not Know by J. Budzisewski.
A very readable work on natural law. I’m so glad I found it (and just think, it was mentioned in the forums and sounded so appealing, that I just had to read it for myself). Thanks for the great lists, fellow readers!

I ordered it and it came in yesterday. Love books about natural law.

Reading The Second Vatican Council and Religious Liberty by Michael Davies.

Three to Get Married was one of the first spiritual books I read–because it was on my parents’ book shelf! Very popular at the time.

I have two books by Dietrich von Hildebrand that I can’t wait to start. Transformation in Christ and Jaws of Death, Gates of Heaven. Just gotta decide which to begin with.

The Book Of Revelation. Just got through my first read. Them some heavy words.

Decides to start my reading of Dietrich von Hildebrand with Jaws of Death, Gate of Heaven.

Toward a Truly Free Market: A Distributist Perspective on the Role of Government, Taxes, Health Care, Deficits, and More by John Medaille

In my bible reading plan I’m reading Exodus and Ephesians.

I’m also reading /doing “Behold your God, the weight of majesty” study book which is just mind blowing.

Not reading a fiction book at the moment, but just finished a couple of Eva Ibbotsons novels, because I love some kiddie literature sometimes.

Anyone have any fiction suggestions? I’ve been lost at the library lately as I really don’t like checking out a book and finding it is inappropriate. I like most books, but please no romance as a genre (I don’t mind if there’s a bit of appropriate romance in the story but when it’s the main focus I’m not interested).

First off welcome to the forum!

As for fiction, I recommend Georges Bernanos, Flannery O’Connor, Evelyn Waugh and Michael D. O’Brien. All were/are Catholic and their fiction isn’t inappropriate.

Last edited:
Currently reading Bonhoeffer:Pastor, Martyr, Prophet, Spy, by Eric Metaxas. An excellent biography.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back