What book(s) are you reading?

• Thread starter Thread starter StudentMI
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Making Sense of God: An Invitation to the Skeptical by Tim Keller

Back to Debunking Economics by Steve Keen. Ugh this is such slow, dry reading. I can’t believe I described it as fun in another thread. It will sometimes pick up but man is it slow going.

Currently.
  • The Ten Commandments, Saint Thomas Aquinas.
A Saint Louis Martin biography. I forgot its name (the book is at home). He is the father of Saint Therese of Lisieux, which is a great Saint by the way.

Jesus is Passing By - St. Josemaria Escriva
Rosary of Liberation - Regis & Maisa Castro

🎹🎹 Happy Anniversary to you . . . , Happy Anniversary to you . . . , Happy Anniversary, Dear @joannejml . . , Happy Anniversary to YOUUU!🎹🎹

Just started “23 Things They Don’t Tell You About Capitalism” by Ha-Joon Chang.

Just finished a novel called “Kings Row.” My dad had written his name in it, it was dated 1940, and it has a price written in it of $1.49

Red Moon by Kim Stanley Robinson.

It’s a science fiction novel set in the future, a time when China has colonized the moon. The main character, Fred, is on a mission to deliver a communications device when he whitenesses a murder. He and Chan Qi escape to Earth under the guise of film crew, only to be caught again, but by people who want to help them. This is as far as I have read.

Acts of the Apostles. I guess a book about the early days of the Church is a good read when you can’t even go to church.

Zen and the birds of appetite by Thomas Merton. Can’t put it down and I’m usually very easily distracted.

“Ooooh squirrel”

This post heading, “What books are you reading?”, has just done it. Right this minute I’m going to grab the book I laid down some days back, the collected works of St John of the Cross…I think that will provide me with good stuff to read during this “lockdown”…I have a hard time being monogamous with books, seems always have 2 or more going…but that one demands some individual attention right now, you mean OP! 🙂

Confessions by St. Augustine

I have soooo many books lined up for me to read!!

Heroism and Genius: How Catholic Priests Helped Build-and Can Help Rebuild- Western Civilization by William J. Slattery (Ignatius Press)

Last edited:
Just finished a novel called “Kings Row.” My dad had written his name in it, it was dated 1940, and it has a price written in it of $1.49
That was a HUGE hunk of cash, then! Very, very few people had more than a handful of books, and they were ones considered well off financially.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back