What book(s) are you reading?

• Thread starter Thread starter StudentMI
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Way of Perfection, by St. Teresa of Avila. She is so funny and delightful–you feel like she’s a good and wise friend.

I’m currently reading a series of unfortunate events and I’m also reading a book called mateo Santiago

I have read a lot of things of Pope Francis.
But I want to be familiar with the work of JPII.I found his work is much more serious than Of Pope Francis.

Currently I am Reading the Biography of Saint Leopold Bogdan Mandić.

I just finished Being Mortal by Dr. Atul Gawande. I highly recommend it, especially if you are interested in elder care!

Last edited:
I am currently reading Western Culture Today and Tomorrow: Addressing the Fundamental Issues by Pope Emeritus Benedict XVI. It’s a compilation of his many talks and writings on the subject.

It’s very interesting!

I read my New American Bible every morning.
I just finished a wonderful book called THE HIDDEN POWER OF KINDNESS by Lawrence G. Lovasik. One of the chapters titled Learn to avoid speaking unkindly, is a good chapter about gossip and how it hurts others, and how silence is the language of God. A “good” advice book!
I am currently reading Psychology for Dummies bu Adam Cash, PsyD.
I never read novels.

I must state that my favorite book of all, besides my Bible, is titled FOR THE LOVE OF OLD by Mary Randolph Carter. It is about old stuff which I cherish…antiques! Old dishes, furniture, Rosaries, pictures. I have some McCoy vases that are old and well made.

I recently finished “A Time to Die” by Nicolas Diat. He visited many monasteries and interviewed the men of God about the dying.

It is an awesome book!

I’ve thought about reading this after listening to author, Jesse Romero , on 911Jesus.
Now I will!! thanks.
Blessed Advent

The Devil in the City of Angels: My Encounters with the Diabolical by Jesse Romero

Prayer for the Grace to become a Priest
O Lord Jesus Christ,
the great High Priest,
who dost call chosen souls to offer Thee in sacrifice
and to assist Thee in saving souls,
I beseech Thee to grant me this high grace
though I am most unworthy of it;
make me carefully to prepare my heart to receive it
and to keep myself pure and lowly
that Thou mayest call me to serve Thee at Thine altar.

I found this wonderful prayer and prayed this for the 1st time to our lord

Last edited:
I have just finished “To save a thousand souls” and just can’t believe how great this book. It answers all your Discernment questions and helps with all the stages. If you know any other good books for me to read as I going through my Discernment this would be most helpful

God bless you

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back