What book(s) are you reading?

• Thread starter Thread starter StudentMI
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
“Insurance for Dummies” by Jack Hungelmann…now I am an expert…just kidding!
😷 😆

Pale Rider. It’s about the 1918 flu pandemic. Lots of similarities to our current one.

In Parenthesis by David Jones, a Catholic author, who was admired by Yeats and Eliot. Highly recommended.

I am presently reading through the Sacred Scriptures. I started in October last year and I’m still in the Old Testament - presently reading the Book of Sirach (Ecclesiasticus).

I know some people have said that reading through from Genesis to the Apocalypse of St John is a bad idea, but I’ve found it very helpful.

Last edited:
I am presently reading through the Sacred Scriptures. I started in October last year and I’m still in the Old Testament - presently reading the Book of Sirach (Ecclesiasticus).

I know some people have said that reading through from Genesis to the Apocalypse of St John is a bad idea, but I’ve found it very helpful.
That’s pretty much what I did, with some interruption (having to read the New Testament for Bible class before finishing the Old Testament completely). It was a great idea for me. Familiarity with the Old Testament is essential for the Christian.

Yes. Like St Jerome said: ‘ignorance of Scripture is ignorance of Christ’.

“Hope to Die”…The Christian Meaning of Death and the Resurrection of the Body
by Scott Hahn.

2 Corinthians, written by Paul of Tarsus, and where we got the Bible, our debt to the Catholic Church, by Reverend Henry Graham

The Colony: The Harrowing True Story of the Exiles of Molokai by John Tayman

I’ve just gotten to the part where Father Damien has arrived and has been there for a few months. The book goes into much more detail than his heroism and provides a lot of additional details of how the colony got started, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back