What book(s) are you reading?

• Thread starter Thread starter StudentMI
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
They are famous for traditionally not seeing doctors and relying on mental faith healing. Here is their scientific statement of being by the founder Mary Baker Eddy. It always reminded me of that one heresy that matter is evil (Gnosticism?)

“There is no life, truth, intelligence, nor substance in matter. All is infinite Mind and its infinite manifestation, for God is All-in-all. Spirit is immortal Truth; matter is mortal error. Spirit is the real and eternal; matter is the unreal and temporal. Spirit is God, and man is His image and likeness. Therefore man is not material; he is spiritual.”

They are famous for traditionally not seeing doctors and relying on mental faith healing. Here is their scientific statement of being by the founder Mary Baker Eddy. It always reminded me of that one heresy that matter is evil (Gnosticism?)

“There is no life, truth, intelligence, nor substance in matter. All is infinite Mind and its infinite manifestation, for God is All-in-all. Spirit is immortal Truth; matter is mortal error. Spirit is the real and eternal; matter is the unreal and temporal. Spirit is God, and man is His image and likeness. Therefore man is not material; he is spiritual.”
OK. Thank you for bringing this to my attention. Are there any books about Christian Science that you would recommend?

To know what they believe there is their textbook “Science and Health: With Key to the Scriptures”. To read a more pessimistic view there is “Christian Science” by Mark Twain.

Fr. Ripperger lists Christian Science as a demon in one of his books. I know from personal experience that it causes mental abnormalities. I won’t get into that much though. Hope you enjoy researching it if that’s what you want to do. I don’t think there is anything wrong with comparative religion as long as you are firm in the Faith.

Last edited:
To know what they believe there is their textbook “Science and Health: With Key to the Scriptures”. To read a more pessimistic view there is “Christian Science” by Mark Twain.

Fr. Ripperger lists Christian Science as a demon in one of his books. I know from personal experience that it causes mental abnormalities. I won’t get into that much though. Hope you enjoy researching it if that’s what you want to do. I don’t think there is anything wrong with comparative religion as long as you are firm in the Faith.
OK. I will check it out. Thanks again! 😀

The new Hunger Games book that just came out! It’s a prequel and I preordered it 3 months ago and got it the day after it came out in the mail! It’s called The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes. The main character is President Snow 65 years younger.

Also reading Stephen King’s Misery

I just finished reading Scott Hahn’s most recent book “Hope to Die”…The Christian Meaning of Death and the Resurrection of the Body.

What an extraordinary book! I especially enjoyed the chapter where he describes some things about Heaven that help us to look at death in the right way. I plan on re-reading a chapter now and then.

Eager to Love; The Alternative Way of Francis of Assisi, by Richard Rohr.

I just finished “The Gate” by Nancy Carabio Belanger, and it was the type of book that you just can’t put down…it took me two days to read! I usually don’t read novels but had to make an exception…this is a great book!

I bought St. Faustinas diary…I have not read it yet.
I started to fall asleep with the Divine Mercy Chaplet in song on you tube though after my rosary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back