What book(s) are you reading?

• Thread starter Thread starter StudentMI
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Poems by St Therese of Lisieux.
“Living By Love!” is so beautiful and so full of love for Jesus.

This looks interesting; looking back, learning, reflecting on history is very insightful.

Yes…‘The Gate’ is a novel about a young boy whose teacher introduces a “pen-pal” assignment to her class. The boy is wandering aimlessly in his life…doesn’t care for anyone, just his video games, and his pen-pal changes his entire life…I consider this book an inspiration for me and what better time for me to read it than during this pandemic! The author’s description of the events made me feel like I was there and envisioned everything! Afterwards…I could feel the “love” that this book radiates! 😔

I just started the book, so I have not gotten too deep in it. Basically, he takes four issues that confront us today and looks at the founding fathers to see how their experiences would shed light on the issue. One founding father per issue:

Jefferson - race
John Adams - equality
Madison - law
Washington - foreign affairs

Hopefully I can learn something.

Pax

The Lost History of Christianity: The Thousand-Year Golden Age of the Church — and How It Died by Philip Jenkins. I’ve been interested in the history and fate of early Christianity in Asia for some time, and this book has lots of fascinating information, especially about the Church of the East, the significant contributions of that church to the culture under early Islam and how it inspired the Islamic Golden Age.

Last edited:
I wish. I have a ton I’d love to list. Speaking of, one I’m going to read soon is Catholicism: Christ and the Common Destiny of Man by Henri de Lubac.

Either/Or by Soren Kierkegaard. Philosophical fiction is very interesting.

Simply Bonaventure; An Introduction to His Life, Thought, and Writing (2nd Edition), by Ilia Delio, O.S.F.

“Philothea” or an" Introduction to the Devout Life" …a TAN classic!

You could just start a thread with your own list and wait for others to add theirs. I’d pore over that thread even if it had hundreds of replies in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back