What book(s) are you reading?

• Thread starter Thread starter StudentMI
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
“Fatima for Today” -Fr. Andrew Apostoli, C.F.R.
“The School of Nazareth” -Mark Hartfiel

ebook format courtesy of formed dot org

1. The Sadness of Christ by St. Thomas More (This one is probably my favorite!)
  2. The Benedictine Gift to Music by Katharine Le Mée
  3. The Desert Pilgrim by Mary Swander
  4. Father Joe by Tony Hendra

My cousin, Autumn, recommended “The Actor and the Target: New Edition” by Declan Donnellan.

Started Reading Lord of the rings. I noticed a lot of stuff in the book that wasn’t in the 3 movies.

“The Carrying” Ada Limon
“Almost Everything —Notes on Hope” Anne Lamott
“The Library Book” Susan Orlean
“On the Road” Jack Kerouac

Wuthering Heights…Emily Bronte… Read it when I was a teen, it’s like picking it up for the first time…

The Byzantine Rite: A Short History by Fr. Robert F. Taft SJ of blessed memory

The Merchant’s Tale, by Ann Swinfen. And Reflections, by Fr. Leo Clifford.

Just finished Newman’s Apologia. Now reading Fr Paul Scalia’s “That Nothing May Be Lost.”

I am marching through the Catechism of the Catholic Church. There is a lot of wisdom there. I chose to make my most recent ‘examination of conscience’ based on it’s careful review of the ten commandments and found that it was both thorough and opened hiding places of sin. Brilliant. (Thank you Holy Spirit for leading me thus).

I drive for a living so I listen to books instead of reading them. I hope that counts! I’m listening to Lucifer’s Hammer by Jerry Pournelle and Larry Niven.It’s a book written in the 1970’s about a comet striking Earth!

Just finished ‘The Spirit of the Liturgy.’

Now on to Bishop Barron’s ‘Arguing Religion’ and then ‘Saint Among Savages, the Life of Isaac Jogues.’

The Hydrogen Sonata - Ian M. Banks
Skeptics Guide to the Universe - Dr. Steven Novella
Fads & Fallacies - Martin Gardner

The Study of Anglicanism, by Stephen Sykes, John Booty (heehee), and Jonathan Knight.

I’m glad they cut out the silly nonsense about Tom Bombadil. I have feeling people with flog me alive for that one. But it was seriously the most out of character part of the book.

I preferred Galadriel in the book to the movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back