Who Will Win the US Presidential Election

  • Thread starter Thread starter gilliam
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is very difficult to unseat an incumbent unless there is a widespread consensus about incompetency.
And it is a mystery to me how there is not a widespread consensus regarding the incompetency of the current president.
 
I hope that Romney wins but with Ohio too close to call and yesterday I heard on Fox News that independents nationwide shows a deadheat where at one point Romney had a 10 point margin over Obama.
Nationwide polling is fairly useless. Mitt maintains a lead among independents in most swing states, but you must examine each state individually.

I think Obama wins a squeaker or Romney wins by a large margin. As to the latter, I think there is something going on in America that is not being picked up by pollsters. Look at the crowds Mitt is drawing versus Obama. I’m hearing stories about lawn sign domination by Romney in 5:1 ratios plus. Look at pollster’s measurement of GOP voter enthusiasm or Romney’s nationwide lead on the issue of the economy. Independents are flocking to Romney. The Democrats are lagging in vot registrations and early voting, areas in which they excelled in 2008. We know that Republicans outperform on election day.

Math is math. Again, Obama may win this by a narrow margin in the Electoral Clollege because of the nuances of electoral voting. Swing state votes determine the election. But if the is a Romney wave hidden below the surface, Romney could become the next President of the United States.
 
Math is math. Again, Obama may win this by a narrow margin in the Electoral Clollege because of the nuances of electoral voting. Swing state votes determine the election. ** But if the is a Romney wave hidden below the surface,** Romney could become the next President of the United States.
👍

Romney supporters are a lot less vocal than Obama supporters, IMHO.
 
Obama will win.
If Obama wins, expect the dioceses to start moving to protect themselves from financial harm over the HHS mandate. People are going to lose their jobs, things will start selling off and closing.

I also expect that big changes will occur within religious orders–some will be withdrawn from the US. Some will change their focus dramatically.

They may wait for a few court decisions, but they won’t wait too long. They won’t be able to. This thing takes effect in January 2013.
 
I also expect that big changes will occur within religious orders–some will be withdrawn from the US. Some will change their focus dramatically.

They may wait for a few court decisions, but they won’t wait too long. They won’t be able to. This thing takes effect in January 2013.
I’m not sure what you mean by the religious orders comment. You mean those represented by certain schools or hospitals?
 
If Obama wins, expect the dioceses to start moving to protect themselves from financial harm over the HHS mandate. People are going to lose their jobs, things will start selling off and closing.

I also expect that big changes will occur within religious orders–some will be withdrawn from the US. Some will change their focus dramatically.

They may wait for a few court decisions, but they won’t wait too long. They won’t be able to. This thing takes effect in January 2013.
The Church will survive.
 
The Church will survive.
It always does. We have Christ’s assurance about that.

BTW, as one who considers the Jesuits as the greatest of all religious orders, I like your quotation from the “Black Pope.” 👍
 
I will guess Obama. I think close elections favor the incumbant. This race is too close for polls to call, that’s for sure, though I have little faith in polls. The only one that matters is tomorrow.
 
I’m not sure what you mean by the religious orders comment. You mean those represented by certain schools or hospitals?
Anyone who serves the general population will have to stop doing so or be re-classified as a non-Church employee. In order to avoid being penalized by the HHS mandate one has to apply for and receive a religious exemption. ALL FOUR REQUIREMENTS MUST BE MET:

"The exemption is only for a “religious employer,” defined as "one that (1) Has the inculcation of religious values as its purpose; (2) primarily employs persons who share its religious tenets; (3) primarily serves persons who share its religious tenets; and (4) is a non-profit organization under section 6033(a)(1) and section 6033(a)(3)(A)(i) or (iii) of the [Internal Revenue] Code." HHS notes that these provisions of the Code refer to “churches, their integrated auxiliaries, and conventions or associations of churches, as well as to the exclusively religious activities of any religious order.”"

Note the phrase “exclusively religious activities of any religious order.” Exclusively religious activities are those activities which meet the definition for an exemption. Operating soup kitchens, food banks, counseling centers, clinics or any other public institution which serves the general public WILL CAUSE them to lose the exemption. Basically in order to keep their exemption, they’re going to have to go home, lock themselves in and spend the day doing religious things only with other Catholics.

This takes effect JANUARY 1ST, 2013.

I have no idea how you could not know this. People have been talking about it since FEBRUARY. I’ve been pasting it all over the place since FEBRUARY. Catholics make me shake my head. It’s shocking how many of them are just plain clueless.
 
I think all those Catholics who voted or will be voting for Obama, probably value their faith more than you do.
Do tell. Please substantiate your statement with logic, facts, catechetical evidence, or something. Anything other than a bald statement of belief that, on it’s face, valueless.
 
Does it really matter?
Only if the sanctity of human life has any meaning for you. Obama, besides promoting abortion at any time, even approves of leaving babies who survive abortion, to lie unattended until they die. Also, it won’t be long, if Obamacare takes a firm hold, before the U.S. is bankrupt. And, Americans are losing their initiative to provide for themselves with so many millions being supported by the federal government. Soon we will follow in Spain’s footsteps – bankrupt! How important are our constitutional rights to you? Obama has already tried to ignore the 1st Amendment by taking our religious liberty from us. Not a pretty picture. We need someone with business experience and solid moral values to take the reins of this country while there is still life in us. We need Romney.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top