Who Will Win the US Presidential Election

  • Thread starter Thread starter gilliam
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Will I still be able to donate items to a multifaith outreach program operated out of an Episcopal church in my county where meals are served numerous days of the week, and food and clothing distributed free of charge to the homeless and others among the general public in need?
Depends. Since it’s episcopalian, they may simply pay for abortions and be done with it. The Catholic Church does not have this option. Our own Catechism and basic doctrinal commitments for the last 2000 years do not permit this. Scripture does not permit this.

If they won’t pay for abortion, then they will pay $36,500 per year per employee in taxes OR they will use all volunteers or contractors.

Otherwise they’re going to close next year, CMatt.

Many protestant outreaches will close too, because they tend to read scripture and know what it says.
 
If you don’t understand that, you don’t understand the Catholic Church’s answer.
I don’t understand your response! I was really trying to see why. Not trying to be facitious. And if you understand it, could you please educate me?
 
The Catholic Church doesn’t have to excommunicate them. They’ve done what they’ve done to themselves. The Church knows that causing a big stink in public isn’t going to solve anything. It is what it is.
What does that have to do with the poster not understanding the Catholic Church answer as to how they can consider themselves Catholics? Regarding excommunication, sure they would be told they could not receive the Sacraments until reconciled and having the excommunication lifted. Nor could they serve in parish roles. But nonetheless would still be considered excommunicated Catholics. At least by the Catholic Church.
 
I’m not an American, however as a Catholic I am praying that Romney gets in, as I am sure most Catholics are in the rest of the world. If he doesn’t you Catholics there, as here in the UK will be under pressure to fight increasingly for your faith, good luck to you all.
 
What does that have to do with the poster not understanding the Catholic Church answer as to how they can consider themselves Catholics? Regarding excommunication, sure they would be told they could not receive the Sacraments until reconciled and having the excommunication lifted. Nor could they serve in parish roles. But nonetheless would still be considered excommunicated Catholics. At least by the Catholic Church.
Whatever, they are not in good standing with the Church. Several of the high profile ones have been told by their bishops not to enter Holy Communion lines either in their home towns or in Washington DC. Cardinal Wuerl has honored these statements by home bishops too.

You don’t have to get a big legal statement in the mail to be ex-communicated. A person can do it to themselves by taking themselves out of the Catholic community by a definitive act like abortion, procuring an abortion or other non-negotiable offense against the Body of Christ.
 
I don’t understand your response! I was really trying to see why. Not trying to be facitious. And if you understand it, could you please educate me?
I went to an actual Catholic bishop for the true Catholic answer. Let me go get his response and I’ll be right back.

“You are asking about who can rightfully be called a Catholic. A person becomes a member of the Catholic Church by the Sacrament of Baptism.”

He went on to discuss distinctions such as practicing or non. But that was because my hypothetical person, besides being pro choice, didn’t even attend Mass. Though to my understanding Joe Biden does attend Mass. I just heard him yesterday say his great grandson said he couldn’t go to Mass because he had to play basketball with Barack. And Joe made it clear they would be going to 5:00 Mass then.

Anyway the bishop then said “Of course being a practicing Catholic does not exclude the possibility of personal sin in one’s life.” And said the hypothetical person I described to him “would still be considered to be Catholic”.

I hope that helps you understand the Catholic Church’s answer better. God’s blessings and peace be with you.
 
I’m not an American, however as a Catholic I am praying that Romney gets in, as I am sure most Catholics are in the rest of the world. If he doesn’t you Catholics there, as here in the UK will be under pressure to fight increasingly for your faith, good luck to you all.
Thank you, Jacky. You have the whole thing about the legality of being able to wear a cross in public, don’t you? How is that going?
 
I went to an actual Catholic bishop for the true Catholic answer. Let me go get his response and I’ll be right back.
Yah. Right. Show me a press release and I’ll believe you. The next thing you’re going to try to tell me is that you have a bishop just sitting around in your kitchen to give you answers, right? :rolleyes::rolleyes:
 
If Obama wins, expect the dioceses to start moving to protect themselves from financial harm over the HHS mandate. People are going to lose their jobs, things will start selling off and closing.

I also expect that big changes will occur within religious orders–some will be withdrawn from the US. Some will change their focus dramatically.

They may wait for a few court decisions, but they won’t wait too long. They won’t be able to. This thing takes effect in January 2013.
You left out the falling sky and all them locusts!!!

😛
 
I have no idea, too close to call. But I did my part over a week ago voting for Romney. So don’t blame me if Obama wins and this nation and it’s economy plummet.
 
In my guess, which means amounts to a ill of beans- I give Obama a 60% chance. A week ago I gave him a 55%.
 
In my guess, which means amounts to a ill of beans- I give Obama a 60% chance. A week ago I gave him a 55%.
Hope you don’t work for the Catholic Church in an outreach capacity, ringil. If Obama wins, you’ll be cleaning out your desk soon.
 
Hope you don’t work for the Catholic Church in an outreach capacity, ringil. If Obama wins, you’ll be cleaning out your desk soon.
Funny you should say that!

True story:

I did work for Catholic Charities in Boston while Romney was Gov. My position as Elder Care Social Worker was axed due to cuts in Governmental funding . Luckily, I had left before that.

So watcha’ think about that?

😃
 
Obama 😦

Hopefully though he does something bad enough to get impeached. I pray for his conversion, but there’s a snowballs’ chance in hell of that happening
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top