Who Will Win the US Presidential Election

  • Thread starter Thread starter gilliam
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Obama will win tomorrow.
Well, you know, if you’re Episcopalian, then this might not be a big deal for you. Episcopalians will probably just pay for the abortions and shrug their shoulders like they usually do about all this sort of thing.

We can’t do that. Scripture won’t permit it, and our 2000-year-old teaching won’t permit it. Therefore, it’s going to make a lot more difference for us.
 
Funny you should say that!

True story:

I did work for Catholic Charities in Boston while Romney was Gov. My position as Elder Care Social Worker was axed due to cuts in Governmental funding . Luckily, I had left before that.

So watcha’ think about that?

😃
Think it’s a good thing for you that you don’t work for Catholic Charities again, because you’d get fired again, thanks to Obama.
 
I’ll watch and I’ll see that it’s not my side that is paranoid. 🤷
Any Catholic voting for Obama is voting to see their Church in the US desecrated, by forcing it to either seriously limit its public outreach to the needy, or violate its doctrines. It is another attempt, and a very powerful attempt, to remove the Church from the public square again, and sadly, Catholics who vote for Obama are helping him to do it - they are voting for the marginalizing of their Catholic Church in the US. This marginalization is an attempt to virtually silence the Church, which speaks loudly for the Truth against the most significant evils in the US today - abortion, contraception, same-sex marriage.

A look at history helps. In 1933, the Reichstag, the German parliament, voted itself into insignificance, just like Catholics who vote for Obama will be doing to their Church - making it insignificant in the moral discussions of our society today.

The Enabling Act gave Hitler the power to make laws without the approval of the Reichstag or the President, so effectively the Reichstag had voted itself out of existence.

Similarly, the Heathcare law mirrors the Enabling Act - it gives the HHS powers to MANDATE (i.e. legislate, or more appropriately, dictate) ‘rules’ which have the force of law so are in actuality laws, without the usual legislative process of both houses approving those rules plus a Presidential signature.

[This is itself seems to be this aspect of the Healthcare law, at least, is certainly Unconstitutional - Congress cannot hand off law-making power to another government body - the Constitution MANDATES all legislative power be held forever in the Congress and President themselves - because the Congress is the people. ]

So here we stand today with Sebelius MANDATING massive changes that violate the first amendment, without any checks and balances int he process. This Healthcare provision giving her such powers has turned her and Obama (she takes orders from him or he will remove her) into dictators on these issues.

So any Catholic voting for Obama is voting for Sebelius, and voting for these mandates forcing contraception.abortion-inducing pills to be foisted on any Catholic religious organization that does outreach to non-Catholics in need.

Your vote for Obama will do harm to your Church. Think about it. You would be voting to marginalize your own Church, just like the Reichstag marginalized themselves in 1933 and then could not legally stand up to Hitler.

I am amazed that Catholics intending to vote for Obama just cannot see this since it is very obvious. But then again, the Reichstag voted themselves out of existence in 1933 by basically trusting Hitler to do the right thing by Germany, so I see it is entirely possible.

Obama wants to marginalize, divide, and weaken the US Catholic Church - he has made it obvious, but also has managed to cleverly fool many Catholics who cannot see past the word Democrat next to his name…

By the time ‘you see’ , if Obama wins, it will be too late, just as it was for the Reichstag.
God bless you.
 
At the end of the day, this country’s problems are not going to be solved by this election. As Cardinal George recently wrote, this country’s growing materialism is a bigger problem that has not been addressed by either party.

I can’t think of the last time this country had a truly, 100% pro-life President (maybe Reagan). There have been a few crop up in the nomination process but they are always marginalized. Maybe when the day comes when one of the major parties decides to support a truly 100% pro-life candidate, we will see something serious happen with regard to legalized murder. Until then, just more nibbling around the edges. Evil, even “lessened” evil, will continue to win as long as it goes unchallenged. You can fight evil with a “lesser evil” but you can’t truly defeat evil that way.

If Romney wins, we will know relatively early on in his first term whether or not ending abortion was his top priority. Needless to say, if he fails to do anything meaningful, this will be the last time conservatives buy the “lesser of two evils” argument and conservatives better go looking for another party.

Now, to answer the question of this thread. I think it depends on two factors: the independent vote and the electoral map. I think independents distrust Romney almost as much as they distrust Obama, especially on the issue of foreign policy. I think many will vote third party in protest if they vote at all. So, the independent vote may end up being a non-factor. In other words, this election is going to down to the wire.
 
Obama 😦

Hopefully though he does something bad enough to get impeached. I pray for his conversion, but there’s a snowballs’ chance in hell of that happening
If you want to see an impeachment and a conviction, then vote accordingly in your senate and house races. IT could happen.
 
Well, you know, if you’re Episcopalian, then this might not be a big deal for you. Episcopalians will probably just pay for the abortions and shrug their shoulders like they usually do about all this sort of thing.
:tsktsk: Better not to knock other Christian faiths (nor Judaism or Islam either) 🙂
 
I have no idea, too close to call. But I did my part over a week ago voting for Romney. So don’t blame me if Obama wins and this nation and it’s economy plummet.
i also already cast my vote over a week ago for mitt romney and i am still hoping he will win tomorrow. i am counting on the independents to come through for romney. i don’t think it will be a landslide, but i pray he will win both the electoral and popular vote.
 
I honestly don’t know, all of the polls has it very tight, but when you look at the projected electoral vote, which is what matters, Obama is winning going away, not a landslide, but with breathing room.

It will all come down to the independent vote and those who said they voted for Obama in 08 and will not tomorrow.
 
Well now it is time for you to predict who will win the US Presidential Election
Romney will win in a Landslide according to Professional Poll Reader and Author Dick Morris.
PS. I don’t know how any Catholic or Protestant could vote for Barrack HUSSEIN Obama !
:eek:
 
At the end of the day, this country’s problems are not going to be solved by this election. As Cardinal George recently wrote, this country’s growing materialism is a bigger problem that has not been addressed by either party…
To set the record straight, what Cardinal George really said was:
" Cardinal George adds:
Code:
What will happen if the HHS regulations are not rescinded? A Catholic institution, so far as I can see right now, will have one of four choices: 1) secularize itself, breaking its connection to the Church, her moral and social teachings and the oversight of its ministry by the local bishop. This is a form of theft. It means the Church will not be permitted to have an institutional voice in public life. 2) Pay exorbitant annual fines to avoid paying for insurance policies that cover abortifacient drugs, artificial contraception and sterilization. This is not economically sustainable. 3) Sell the institution to a non-Catholic group or to a local government. 4) Close down …"
…
"If you haven’t already purchased the Archdiocesan Directory for 2012, I would suggest you get one as a souvenir,” the cardinal continued, saying:
Code:
On page L-3, there is a complete list of Catholic hospitals and health care institutions in Cook and Lake counties. Each entry represents much sacrifice on the part of medical personnel, administrators and religious sponsors. Each name signifies the love of Christ to people of all classes and races and religions. Two Lents from now, unless something changes, that page will be blank."
He said this in February, 2012, one Lent ago. By the next Lent, this will happen.

catholicculture.org/news/headlines/index.cfm?storyid=13461

PS: If you want anyone to believe the stuff you’re spouting, HansTrappist, why don’t you try A QUOTE or a REFERENCE.
 
Yah. Right. Show me a press release and I’ll believe you. The next thing you’re going to try to tell me is that you have a bishop just sitting around in your kitchen to give you answers, right? :rolleyes::rolleyes:
No actually I wrote him. I just added to my post and quoted him. I have his letter in front of me. I don’t have a FAX machine in my kitchen or anywhere in my house. Or else I could FAX you a copy if you needed it. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
 
Romney will win if Catholics vote according to Their Faith !
how many will vote according to their own whim and not vote according to their faith as they did in 2008? i am hoping that there are some Catholics out there who have seen the error of their ways.
 
Thank you, Jacky. You have the whole thing about the legality of being able to wear a cross in public, don’t you? How is that going?
Depends where you work, I,m working for the National Health Service and wear a cross every day, so far kept my job but am happy to walk if I get told to remove it. Sounds bit facetcious but I am a fairly recent arrival here and never had up till now experienced this kind of ‘persecution’ , I don’t hold a particulary high position and I will find something else.
Looking forward to Tuesday.
👍
 
No actually I wrote him. I just added to my post and quoted him. I have his letter in front of me. I don’t have a FAX machine in my kitchen or anywhere in my house. Or else I could FAX you a copy if you needed it. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Yeah, like I’m going to give you my fax number. Dream on. Creeeeeeepy Alert. :mad::mad::mad:
 
Romney will win in a Landslide according to Professional Poll Reader and Author Dick Morris.
PS. I don’t know how any Catholic or Protestant could vote for Barrack HUSSEIN Obama !
:eek:
yes, i have heard dick morris on hannity. i hope he is right. he seemed confident.
i just hope we will know on wednesday and not have to drag it out to the end of the month.
 
I see my four-worded response upset some people.
Let me explain.
  1. I have lived through 5 Republican presidents, not one has anything to end the slaughter of the unborn. If you believe Romney is going to restrict abortion, I got some great looking property in Florida I’d like to show you.
  2. If you believe Government health care will end under Romney, I got some great looking property in Florida I’d like to show you.
  3. Obamney and Rombama are both for the continued wars overseas.
  4. Obamney and Rombama are both for the “Patriot Act”.
  5. Obamney and Rombama are both for the NDAA.
  6. Obamney and Rombama were both for the bail-outs, most of which went overseas.
  7. Obamney and Rombama are both for outsourcing jobs overseas, which continues to kill our economy.
  8. Obamney and Rombama are both for BIG Government.
I’m not sure what its going to take for former Republicans to wake up, I would have thought 8 years of Dubya would have done that. This is not about Republican/Democrat.
This about Washington DC and the American people.

“The argument that the two parties should represent opposed ideals and policies, one, perhaps, of the Right and the other of the Left, is a foolish idea acceptable only to the doctrinaire and academic thinkers.** Instead, the two parties should be almost identical, so that the American people can “throw the rascals out” at any election without leading to any profound or extreme shifts in policy. **Then it should be possible to replace it, every four years if necessary, by the other party, which will be none of these things but will still pursue, with new vigor, approximately the same basic policies.”
  • Professor Carroll Quigley, Tragedy and Hope (1966), p. 1247-1248
For you die-hard Republicans, well…I used to be one of you. But we are no longer in that country anymore. It’s a different matrix. It’s time to bury the illusion and start fresh. True change WILL NOT come from two-headed hydra in Washington. There has to come, to appear on the scene, a strong third alternative.
The 3rd parties need to unite, pool the Grassroots, Money, candidates, Marketing and Sales, resources, etc.
That is the only way change will happen.
Other than that, pray the Rosary, which is an even greater weapon.
 
Think it’s a good thing for you that you don’t work for Catholic Charities again, because you’d get fired again, thanks to Obama.
Well you certainly didn’t address my dismantling of your post.

BTW: all of my colleagues were left-leaning. You will notice that sort of think among those who work with the poor.

On another note, I love Catholic Charities and would be very pleased to work for them again.

And ma’am, I wasn’t “fired”, I moved. 🙂
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top