Who Will Win the US Presidential Election

  • Thread starter Thread starter gilliam
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
The good news? I’m going apolitical. No more political news, shows, or newspapers fro me. I can follow Alabama and Ohio State football,immerse myself in MLB baseball, watch old black and white movies, and read all things Catholic. I no longer care what happens in America with respect to elections, legislation, regulations, judicial appointments or decisions, etc. I will abide by the law, pay my taxes, care for my family, and observe my Catholic faith.
My husband and I talked about this tonight as well.Starting tomorrow,I am going to listen to music,Catholic radio,etc.I am over the whole talk radio,political gab vest.allit does is agitate me anyway. I will keep my eyes focused on Christ…
 
The white minority is not going to tell the brown majority how the problem will be resolved. This is the situation we face in many parts of the country, and will be facing overall. The Romney approach of dictating a harsh solution, with no negotiation or consideration of the fact that these are people who vote, was destined to fail. Rich old white men are no longer the image of a president of the united states, and it may never be again.
That doesn’t answer my question but okay.
 
Nate Silver was right tonight. If I ever should need a prediction in the future, I know Nate is the man to go to.
 
Hmm, interesting. Should have put that money into the debt! Can you imagine? Getting elected because you chose to put all your campaign money into the national debt.

Ok, it’s getting late, I think I’m getting a little delirious.

Pray for us epan.
Oh yeah…cause $6B would really make a dent in the debt. 😛
 
The white minority is not going to tell the brown majority how the problem will be resolved. This is the situation we face in many parts of the country, and will be facing overall. The Romney approach of dictating a harsh solution, with no negotiation or consideration of the fact that these are people who vote, was destined to fail. Rich old white men are no longer the image of a president of the united states, and it may never be again.
Only rich old white Democrats.
 
I really hope Obama does a 180 and completely restructures the FDA, because their lack of oversight on biotech is appalling. GMOs are causing epidemics in allergies and autismin the US and Canada.
responsibletechnology.org/autism
 
Only rich old white Democrats.
Name the last rich old white democrat to win the presidency, please. Seems that Kerry lost. I would not put Carter in that class. McCain lost. Romney lost. The rich old white man thing is not working out. Bush was young, for the office.

But that was not a great way of making my point. The US is split 50/50. But that margin is shifting toward the views of the younger generations. The republican party will only continue to decline until it comes to terms with current thinking. The choice of Romney/Ryan was almost a caricature of old skool. They did an admirable job. Really admirable. But they are on the losing side of history right now. At least that is my sense. The world is changing faster than the republican party can seem to be center right. Obama is center left, but labeled as a socialist. That alone demonstrates the problem that the republicans need to overcome.

I streamed the Romney headquarters and watch his acceptance speech. The crowd was somber, of course. To be expected. But what struck me was that there was nearly nobody under the age of 40. There is little diversity. They are not quite clones, but nearly so. I am now streaming the Obama headquarters. There are young, vibrant, diverse and huge. And the music is better. It looks like at least five times as many people. What a contrast it is.

The republican party has been a party of shame for some time now. They even hide their last president. And this comes across. My opinion is that if they hope to be around in 50 years, they need to get in touch with current values. They need to embrace diversity.
 
None of this is particularly relevant to Catholics now. Now we have to figure out how to manage the catastrophic damage that’s going to come from the HHS mandate.

And when the whining starts, you get no sympathy from me. You made your bed, now you’re going to lay in it. Enjoy it.
 
Name the last rich old white democrat to win the presidency, please. Seems that Kerry lost. I would not put Carter in that class. McCain lost. Romney lost. The rich old white man thing is not working out. Bush was young, for the office.

But that was not a great way of making my point. The US is split 50/50. But that margin is shifting toward the views of the younger generations. The republican party will only continue to decline until it comes to terms with current thinking. The choice of Romney/Ryan was almost a caricature of old skool. They did an admirable job. Really admirable. But they are on the losing side of history right now. At least that is my sense. The world is changing faster than the republican party can seem to be center right. Obama is center left, but labeled as a socialist. That alone demonstrates the problem that the republicans need to overcome.
My interest is for the Republican (and Democratic) Party to align themselves closer to Church teaching, not to become more secular, so they aren’t “on the losing side of history.” 🤷

I will continue all efforts to resist the culture of death promulgated by the Left and move our country toward a world that values human dignity. We lost a political battle. We didn’t lose the war. The struggle continues. The good news is that the Holy Spirit has assured us that the gates of hell won’t prevail.
 
Name the last rich old white democrat to win the presidency, please. Seems that Kerry lost. I would not put Carter in that class. McCain lost. Romney lost. The rich old white man thing is not working out. Bush was young, for the office.

But that was not a great way of making my point. The US is split 50/50. But that margin is shifting toward the views of the younger generations. The republican party will only continue to decline until it comes to terms with current thinking. The choice of Romney/Ryan was almost a caricature of old skool. They did an admirable job. Really admirable. But they are on the losing side of history right now. At least that is my sense. The world is changing faster than the republican party can seem to be center right. Obama is center left, but labeled as a socialist. That alone demonstrates the problem that the republicans need to overcome.

I streamed the Romney headquarters and watch his acceptance speech. The crowd was somber, of course. To be expected. But what struck me was that there was nearly nobody under the age of 40. There is little diversity. They are not quite clones, but nearly so. I am now streaming the Obama headquarters. There are young, vibrant, diverse and huge. And the music is better. It looks like at least five times as many people. What a contrast it is.

The republican party has been a party of shame for some time now. They even hide their last president. And this comes across. My opinion is that if they hope to be around in 50 years, they need to get in touch with current values. They need to embrace diversity.
Clinton wasn’t old but he was rich. Please enlighten me how they get more than a few African- American votes.
 
None of this is particularly relevant to Catholics now. Now we have to figure out how to manage the catastrophic damage that’s going to come from the HHS mandate.

And when the whining starts, you get no sympathy from me. You made your bed, now you’re going to lay in it. Enjoy it.
People are going to get the consequences of this for sure
 
People are going to get the consequences of this for sure
You bet. It’s going to make some people really upset. Too bad, so sad. I have no sympathy at this late date. They’ve made their bed and now they can lay in it.
 
Oh bull, you can’t run for president and not be rich!
You can if you gain the backing of a major party, as Clinton did. I’m not going to argue the point because I know President Clinton’s bio quite well.

You are simply wrong.

John
 
You bet. It’s going to make some people really upset. Too bad, so sad. I have no sympathy at this late date. They’ve made their bed and now they can lay in it.
Catholic Church is going to have to fight for religious feedom. Perhaps this will make the Church stronger
 
You can if you gain the backing of a major party, as Clinton did. I’m not going to argue the point because I know President Clinton’s bio quite well.

You are simply wrong.

John
I ndon’t care how well you know Clintons bio, in my neck of the woods, people with his kind of money, even when he ran for president are rich.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top