Why have I been cursed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Take some positive steps. If you haven’t already done so, talk with a trusted priest or spiritual adviser, see a clinical psychologist or psychiatrist, get together with friends or family members and have an honest talk. I don’t know what your particular problems are, but whatever they are, there is no harm in doing any of the above, and possibly some new ideas on solving your problems can emerge through these interactions.
 
Can you call your local parish and perhaps make an appointment to speak with a priest?
 
And could you get an appointment with your GP to talk about how much you’re struggling?
 
Priest and gp cant help.
If that’s true, why not seek out someone who specializes in mental health issues? A psychiatrist might be in order here. You might have a chemical issue that is causing you to feel this way.
 
I showed my other half this link and he said ‘Catholicism is ‘metal’’
 
Why doesn’t the daily rosary help me from attack all the time.
The rosary is not magic. We pray because it changes us, it brings us closer to God (the best relationships are where two beings talk to each other, communicate).

It sounds as if someone has given you the “health and wealth/prosperity gospel” heresy. That stuff is a lie.

We were promised in Scripture that we would suffer and face trials, and that Jesus will give us the grace to endure that suffering and stand tall during those trials.

Have you read Pope St John Paul II’s brilliant writing on the redemptive value of suffering?
 
Prayer alone will not help you.

Prayer alone will not help you.

You need to take action in other ways as well.

Don’t pray to ask that your life get better. It will not work.

Take some steps to make life better and pray for the strength and inspiration to follow through with where the steps lead you.
 
Please talk to your priest. I say the same thing about myself because I keep having a series of bad things happen to me and I feel overwhelmed and backed into a corner. I’m working with my priest on it. Please talk to yours.
 
GI wonder, considering your experiences and situation your heartaches and losses as mentioned in the past, if you give yourself the best chance of coping, by getting enough sleep, eating a balanced diet, trying with possible thinking, having more interest in others.

Sometimes people who have suffered a great deal of turmoil and loss as you have don’t always take good care of their physical and/or emotional health.
It’s understandable but self-defeating.
Please take good care of yourself Nelka
 
Last edited:
The rosary is not magic.
Seriously. Prayers are not magic spells, where if you say particular words in the right order things just magically right themselves.

Maybe what God wants you to do is avail yourself of medical help.
 
Nelka, we know Gods ways are not our ways and His thoughts are not our thoughts, which is hard when we pray for something for a long time and it seems are prayers aren’t being answered.

I too have been praying for a particular intention for 9 years now, but I read somewhere, which I can’t now remember, that sometimes God doesn’t answer our prayers when we think He should perhaps either to encourage us to persevere or perhaps to trust in Him and His Goodness and Divine Providence.

Please don’t give up praying the rosary. Please persevere in hope and trust.

I’ll offer my Divine Mercy Chaplet for you when I pray it next.
 
thank you @NevermoreLenore .

There’s nothing I can say to you, except that by sharing your own sufferings and trials you are an inspiration to all who either are suffering less than you or similar to you - one to put their own in perspective, or the other to feel someone else understands their own pain and sufferings and can empathize with you.

Thank you.
 
Why is it that some people in life no matter how hard they try or what they do they seem to be cursed. …
For the man born blind:
John 9
1 As he passed by he saw a man blind from birth. 2 His disciples asked him, “Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he was born blind?” 3 Jesus answered, “Neither he nor his parents sinned; it is so that the works of God might be made visible through him. 4 We have to do the works of the one who sent me while it is day. Night is coming when no one can work. 5 While I am in the world, I am the light of the world.”
 
Last edited:
Write down the beliefs you have and your interpretation of outcome. I think the current ones you have are faulty and no longer serving you well .
 
Keep in mind our faith is deeply communal. We are called to be in community with others in order to support and promote us in our faith journey.

“I will not cause pain without allowing something new to be born says the Lord.” - Isaiah 66:9
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top