Why is it not a sin to eat meat, fish, eggs?

• Thread starter Thread starter rodney1
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
A Catholic is never supposed to eat unclean meats.
For the last time, the Bible says explicitly that no meat is unclean! The Church even teaches this!

Point me to the catechism passage where it says Catholics may not eat pork.

Last edited:
Are you unable to read passages from Acts? Is that what’s happening here?

GOD SAYS YOUR WRONG.

And the swine, which, though it divideth the hoof, cheweth not the cud.

The swine also, because it divideth the hoof, but cheweth not the cud, shall be unclean, their flesh you shall not eat, and their carcasses you shall not touch.
It is divine law, that is law from God, that we can eat all foods. Why don't Catholics have dietary restrictions?

This lifting of the ban on certain foods was meant to open the gates to any gentile converts. Instead of forcing gentiles to abstain from certain foods to become a Christian, they were allowed to eat all foods, thus making it much easier for gentiles to convert.

It was a divine command that came straight from God and was communicated to St. Peter, the first pope of the Catholic Church. Ever since then, Catholics have abided by that mandate, not worrying about unclean foods.

Last edited:
We’ve done more than enough to combat the falsehoods that the other poster is saying. The OP need only read the passage from Acts and the Catechism to understand the error being professed and the true Catholic viewpoint.

Hello! We understand your thoughts. It’s fine to be concerned with God’s Will from the Old Testament and of your health but it’s not totally wrong to eat food like pork because they’re given by God to help humans.

Not all that they say is right. Is that a reliable source? I mean a Catholic source is better for us Catholics BUT even non-Catholic ideologies are also accepted… A priest can provide a good explanation about that without any Doctrinal errors.

Last edited:
Clickbait videos do not counter the Bible and true Catholic teaching. Stop misleading others.

I am going to withdraw and tag the Priest and the Deacons. Best this come from them

@inthepew
@(name removed by moderator)
@Diaconia

Do you just not care that this will probably get you banned?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back