Why is the Pope Endorsing Same Sex Unions in Film

• Thread starter Thread starter CourtingTex
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately it has been by many. I was on the site Reddit and they were celebrating as a “win” for the LGB movement. I am praying for Pope Francis and the souls affected by this tonight.

I would advise staying away from Reddit. Reddit is full of misinformation. Sometimes, it is filled with trolls. I mean, as a young woman, I find memes funny but seriously that website has too much misunderstandings and misinformation.

Our Holy Mother, pray for us!

Last edited:
Yes I agree. I was only on there because I was seeking advice on how to get a girlfriend lol. I did not realize until I read the posts about Pope Francis how toxic the site was. I will be staying away from Reddit and more time on CAF!

Oh 😂 if it is something like r/catholic (Catholic subreddit) they might be able to offer you advice, but if you are on another subreddit that promotes non-Catholic values, you might be in the wrong subreddit.

If you are looking for advice, here’s my two cents: I think God always prepares someone for vocation and God knows who’s best for you. I would highly suggest praying about it. When I was dating this man who was not Catholic, I prayed that God will give me guidance. A few years later, the man left me. God had a plan- that man was not for me. I realized that God knew that he wasn’t the best. Also, consult the saints. Ask for guidance. My patron saint is St. Cecilia so I never forget to depend on her in time of need.

Pax Christi.

Yes you are so right. I need to look to God for guidance and the saints to help me along the way. I hope a meet a wise Catholic woman like you someday! Thank you for the advice!

Praying for you! You aren’t alone. Thank you for your compliment.

So…the Pope’s position is that “homosexual relationship” is fine because the Church should be compassionate with the LGBT community and must support their rights under civil union law?

He is trying to clarify what a previous commenter said. Essentially, being for civil unions is incompatible with Catholic beliefs.

Last edited:
How can one say “I support the civil union of LGBT partners, and not the actions that stem from the union?”

Last edited:
It does beg the question what good comes from promoting civil unions. I think the question should be asked. However, I agree the phrasing does not show very much charity towards the Pope.

It does beg the question what good comes from promoting civil unions.
Hospital visitation and inheritance rights are a part of why marriage is lucrative even to asexual couples. That’s likely the intent here as well.

This
"What we have to create is a civil union law,” the pope says in the film, released in Rome on Wednesday. “That way they are legally covered.”

But that doesn’t address the inherently evil implications that goes along with same sex unions. Of which is very much against Catholic teachings. I think the Pope needs to be better with his wording as it clearly causes scandal and confusion. He should say they should receive “end of life care rights” and “inheritance rights” as those are real injustices that Catholics can support. No need to attach civil unions as a whole especially since it is morally wrong.

Last edited:
"What we have to create is a civil union law,” the pope says in the film, released in Rome on Wednesday. “That way they are legally covered.”
Does not mean
hat “homosexual relationship” is fine
But that doesn’t address the inherently evil implications that goes along with same sex unions
Which he addressed later in the interview, conveniently left out of the MSM reports because it doesn’t fit the idea that “PoPe FrAnCiZ sUpPoRtS gAy MaRrIaGe”

Interview with Fr, James Martin whom Pope Francis appointed in 2017 as a consultant to the Vatican’s Secretariat for Communications

Which he addressed later in the interview, conveniently left out of the MSM reports because it doesn’t fit the idea that “PoPe FrAnCiZ sUpPoRtS gAy MaRrIaGe”
Actually, that isn’t at all what happened. Not even close. The story was first published by a right-wing Catholic site, who left it out because it did not fit the idea that “BeRgOgLio Iz A hErEtIK.”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back