• Thread starter Thread starter Gabriel_Gale
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Gabriel_Gale

From NRO:
**CHRISTIAN FAMILY MURDERED **[John Derbyshire]
An entire family of Egyptian Copts (i.e. Christians), who had fled Egypt because of the oppression of their faith by Muslims there, were horribly murdered in their Jersey City home. Mother, father, and two young daughters were all hacked to death. It turns out that:

—Nothing was stolen from the house.

—The husband was a fierce defender of his religion in online chat rooms, and drew some angry hostility from Muslims, including death threats.

—The older daughter, aged 16, was "very religious and very opinionated… The heartless killer not only slit Sylvia’s throat, but also sliced a huge gash in her chest and stabbed her in the wrist, where she had a tattoo of a Coptic cross.

Will this grab the media attention as a hate crime as much as Matthew Shepherd?

Here’s the whole story:

**FAMILY SLAIN **

**Parents, 2 kids found in home, bound and their throats slashed **

http://www.nj.com/news/jjournal/index.ssf?/base/news-3/110578391032842.xml

Not a chance the MSM will report this like they would if it was an anti-Muslim or anti-gay murder.

It is another christian martyr and it´s another islamic killing, we don´t have to stand this, the religious freedom and speech are disappearing and this is very dangerous, greetings

It will be noted, but forgotten.

Why??

Because it is normal. The standards of conduct are different for middle eastern terrorists than any western citizen or soldier.

Nor can this story be exploited for any agenda (unless you are pro-christianity or supportive of the war-on-terror) that the media can get mileage out of.

A religon of peace, Islam is not.

Do you have a link to the information on the family (avid defenders of the faith to Muslims etc.)

40.png
Brad:
A religon of peace, Islam is not.

Do you have a link to the information on the family (avid defenders of the faith to Muslims etc.)
**Parents, 2 kids found in home, bound and their throats slashed **

http://www.nj.com/news/jjournal/index.ssf?/base/news-3/110578391032842.xml

No, according the media, a few dead Christians is a great thing.

There IS something we can do about it. They are martyrs, and we can organize a Cause to have them canonized.

What say you? Do we support the New Jersey Martyrs?

vern humphrey:
There IS something we can do about it. They are martyrs, and we can organize a Cause to have them canonized.

What say you? Do we support the New Jersey Martyrs?
Amen.
40.png
Lilyofthevalley:
Sad, but true.

40.png
Lilyofthevalley:
Excuse me, but I don’t see how the media says that a few dead Christians is a good thing. This is patently ridiculous.

FWIW I have heard this on the news three times this morning and that it is being investigated as a hate crime. I hope that the guilty are brought to justice.

Lisa N

Has anyone been charged with this crime? Remember many people thought the Oklahoma bomb was the act of Islamist extremists. It was not. Timothy McVeigh was the terrorist. He was not a Muslim.

Here’s some more FWIW,
parts of NYTimes article:
…Mr. Armanious, who worked for the banquets department of the Westin Princeton hotel, had been threatened with murder by someone in an Internet chat room during an argument about Christianity and Islam, according to members of his church and other acquaintances. The authorities would not confirm or deny this, but they dismissed newspaper accounts that a tattoo of a cross on Sylvia’s wrist had been slashed in the killing.

Though all four members of the family had tattoos of a cross on their wrists or arms, a Coptic Christian tradition, none of the crosses were slashed, said Gaetano T. Gregory, a prosecutor with the Hudson County prosecutor’s office. While investigators would not discuss suspects or leads in the case, they said they had ruled out a possible dispute between the Armanious family and a former tenant.

In a new development, law enforcement officials said yesterday that money had been stolen from the house: Mr. Armanious’ pockets had been turned out and his wallet was empty. “There was no cash in the house,” Mr. Gregory said. “All that was left was a penny.”…
I didn’t find any mention of it in the Washington Post.

shannon e:
Here’s some more FWIW,

I didn’t find any mention of it in the Washington Post.
Nothing in the Chicago area news about it either.

I heard about this just a few minutes ago. It is an outrage. These people stood up for their faith, and they deserve death because of it?

This needs to be stopped.

Excuse me, but I don’t see how the media says that a few dead Christians is a good thing. This is patently ridiculous.​

Your denial of the main stream media viewing Christians as second rate citizens, is what strikes me as “patently ridiculous”.
To the main stream media a few dead Christians is really no big deal.
Had it been a gay couple been the victim “hate crime”!! would have been splashed all over the media.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back