V
vern_humphrey
Guest
Ah, the smiley face makes it so clear.I hope you don’t think I’m spiteful towards you. That is not the case, I am actually glad you told me so that now I understand.![]()
Ah, the smiley face makes it so clear.I hope you don’t think I’m spiteful towards you. That is not the case, I am actually glad you told me so that now I understand.![]()
These smilies make it so much easier to convey feelings in a world of text where anything can be misinterpretted.Ah, the smiley face makes it so clear.![]()
I agree.These smilies make it so much easier to convey feelings in a world of text where anything can be misinterpretted.

Okay…now I’m hungry. My egg-white omelet I had for breakfast is completely unsatisfying after reading your post.I’ve stopped hunting and detest the practice!!!
However, I cannot say that I am not at camp with my family (Males only!!!) during the November Buck season; I cannot say that I do not enjoy the taste of the tenderloin of a freshly taken deer as it sizzles on the grill while I continue to cut up the animal and prepare to pickle the heart, prepare the hide for sale, get the head and antlers ready for mounting, etc; I cannot say that the sausage made from the same game is not simply delicious; I cannot say that I don’t wake up at 4:00a.m. to prepare the coffee for my brothers and friends who are about to enter the forest with rifle in hand (actually, since I do not hunt, I am still awake at this time, heavily engaged in Texas Hold’M) and I cannot say that - although it is not for me - I do not mercilessly tease my father(s) and brothers for doing their best to bring down Bambi with an explosion of Thirty-odd-Six rifle fire all the while hypocritically waiting and hoping to taste that tenderloin with a pinch of nutmeg and ample garlic of which, when consumed with a dark lager, is simply Heaven on Earth…![]()
Agreed.But, what Michael Vick has engaged in is simply reprehensible, and he should pay dearly for contributing to the barbaric practice of Dog Fighting.![]()
Which really has nothing to do with what Kathrin was saying.That’s a fallacy spread by organizations like PETA. The facts are:…
I agree with all of that especially the part about the wolvesHunting animals for fun is wrong. If one is going to hunt, then he/she needs to use everything that can be used of the animal. (for money only would also be wrong!) Look to the example of the Native Americans. They hunted what they needed, and used everything that was usable. There’s really no need to hunt today because there’s plenty of meat available in stores.
Humans began eating meat, AFTER the flood destroyed the vegetation. Vegetarian is a healthier lifestyle, when done correctly.
The deer wouldn’t starve if we didn’t kill all the wolves (God’s most beautiful creatures:heavenand other predators.
Torture of animals is always wrong, and allowing them to suffer needlessly is also wrong. The way animals are slaugtered today is not humane, they’re treated like crud while they’re alive, and I find it disgusting that they’re raised simply to kill. Think about it, it’s flesh. In your mouth. Yuck.
I’ve said hunting is unnecessary, as it is, but I will say this: anyone who feels it’s necessary for them to eat meat should be the ones to slaughter and prepare it themselves. That’s my humble, therefore correct opinion(a visiting priest said that in a homily once. Well, I thought it was funny.)
It’s all about stewardship. God gave us domain over the animals and the world. This does not give us carte blanche to abuse it.
Two animals killing each other in the wild, ie your zebra and lion scenario, is different from a group of people placing two animals that they specially trained into a pit and bet on which one is superior. The most appalling part of the whole ordeal is the way the losing animals were executed… shot, electrocuted and drowned. Shot is pretty fast if done correctly, but drowning and electrocuting are ways of sadisticly inflicting pain and suffering on a creature of God for your own enjoyment.
I say creature of God because that is what they are.
~the earth was a formless wasteland, and darkness covered the abyss, while a mighty wind swept over the waters.~
Genesis 1:2
Anytime you see wind in Sacred Scripture, even if it is lower case, you can pretty well bet it is referring to the Holy Spirit, who is God. Wind is also considered to be the breath of God, also considered the Holy Spirit. So, here we see God moving across the waters breathing life into the new creation.
~I, on my part, am about to bring the flood (waters) on the earth, to destroy everywhere all creatures in which there is the breath of life; everything on earth shall perish.~
Genesis 6:17
Here God is telling Noah His plan. He will destroy all creatures in which there is the breath of life, not just people.
I challange to look at life through a deeper spiritual insight, through the eyes of your heart. If you walk through a park, meadow or your yard and all you see is grass as just being grass, then I bet that is how you view all life. If you have no respect for the lowest form of God’s creation then you cannot respect the highest form which explains why we have abortion and other violations of human dignity. Likewise, if you cannot respect the highest form of life then you cannot respect the lowest which explains things like dog fighting and other crimes that destroy the earth.
This is all basic Ignatian Philosophy, (based on St. Ignatius of Loyola and his work The Spiritual Exercises) God is all of His creation and all of His creation reflects His love and majesty, likewise, He reflects His creation.

Ah, yes…You have read my mind, my friend. You have read my mind.From a social standpoint, ask any law enforcement investigator and they will tell you that the Unholy Trinity, the precursors of serial killers, is
Without being judgmental, Michael Vick and company have at least one of those precursors that we know of.
- Bedwetting
- Cruelty to animals
- Infactuation with fire
Yes, according to thisDoes anybody know - did St. Francis eat meat??
Except that:Which really has nothing to do with what Kathrin was saying.
Surely all things being equal she is right, the transfer of energy from the sun to the plant to the human would be more efficient than the transfer of energy from the sun to the plant to animal to the human (darn that thermodynamics)
Only theoretical inefficiencies – they don’t prove out in practice. For example, I can’t eat what a deer eats. But I can eat a deer.Of course all things aren’t equal and some animals (as pure herbivores) are more efficient digesters of plants than we poor omnivores are (the price of being a generalist)
But still there are inefficiencies at each step that just can’t be avoided
Actually not – the energy and other costs associated with feeding animals are much lower than those associated with processing and shipping the vegetable matter for human consumption.So unless you have animals that get a large portion of their food from non-cultivated land such as grazing, raising corn and soy to give to cattle for humans has to be less effieicnt than feeding the humans directly (which of course raises the question of whether that land could be put to more efficient use if it were cultivated… but that is another story)
That’s true – as I said, I cannot eat what a deer eats. But I can eat a deer.Of course this doesn’t mean that we shouldn’t eat animals.
Man doesn’t live by efficiency alone after all![]()
It’s not like he was performing abortions in there, now is it?Am I the only one curious about why this horrible event appears to violate moral sensibilities more than adultery or beating your spouse?
On what do you base that?Am I the only one curious about why this horrible event appears to violate moral sensibilities more than adultery or beating your spouse?
Just curious, but where in the Bible does it say we have the right to eat animals ‘only’ if we ‘need’ to eat them?I am pulled in many different ways when it comes to the subject of animals.
- I know that God gave us dominion over animals when he created them, but it is also our duty to care for them. Certainly, in some places in the world, meat is the only food people have. Should people in richer countries like America, who have the means of doing so, abstain from eating meat to save animals’ lives? God gave us the right to eat animals if we need to, but what about if we don’t “need” to?
Shame on you.:dts: That is truly sick! Nothing sexier than a man who makes his living killing something that can’t defend itself.but i do it for money… glorious money.