:australia: LATEST: The US president-elect is interested in Australia's COVID-19 response | NSW is the 'gold standard' for COVID-19 management accordi

• Thread starter Thread starter ATraveller
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
We had less positives today in Victoria as a state, but the regional numbers are growing, indicating spread outside the city. We had 19 deaths, may God rest their souls.

It is too early to predict a trend says Dan the man šŸ‘

Last edited:
Who can possibly think this sort of overreach by authorities is ok?
Who can possibly think it is ok to break the law? You?

We are in stage 4 lockdown. That means certain things here. We are in stage 4 lockdown because people were not doing the right thing and were spreading the virus. 21 people in Victoria died of Covid 19 yesterday.

So this person broke stage 4 lockdown and there are no exceptions, you break the law, you get fined.

Did you notice the mounted police wearing masks? It is also a requirement for every Victorian to wear a mask when outside unless they have a medical exemption, that means mental illness that is exacerbated by mask wearing, or a medical issue.

We do not want a situation like is now existent in other countries with the virus totally out of control and running rampant.

Last edited:
All,I can say to that is Iā€™m glad I donā€™t live in Victoria!
I am glad I dont live in a country that is not taking this virus seriously and believes economics and individual rights are more important then halting the spread and the death count.

The ā€˜Iā€™ in Corona virus = spread and death when people think it is not relevant to them. I will do this, I wont do that, I dont care, I dont believe its here, I am too young to catch it, I think it is only like the flu

Last edited:
The death count in relation to the overall cases is very low.Whays the age of most of your casual,ties there? How many cases are mild to asymptomatic,etc?

The death count in relation to the overall cases is very low.Whays the age of most of your casual,ties there? How many cases are mild to asymptomatic,etc?
And there is the classic reason the ā€˜Iā€™ in Corona virus is leading to deaths.

Lets all manipulate stats to make it ok for people to die from this virus and make it ok for people positive to the virus to be out and about. ā€™
Thanks for illustrating my point.

You also know of course that not all strains of this virus act the same I assume.

You would, being well informed, then know that Victoria is being hit by a very virulent strain of this virus that is hitting young people as well as older.

You would also know, that in your country, this virus is also killing babies to century old people. Dont be fooled into thinking this is an old peoples virus.
Dont be fooled into thinking there are no long lasting effects of this virus if you recover. What do you think that is going to do to a struggling health care system.

Last edited:
New South Wales
(Please Note: This uploaded content is no longer available.)
Victoria

South Australia

South Australia has recorded no new cases of coronavirus since yesterday, while no coronavirus cases have been reported in aged care facilities in SA since the start of the pandemic.

Last edited:
Yeah, China was soooooo good at suppressing the virus that they managed to infect the whole world!!

And letā€™s not forget that it was Taiwan that tipped off the W.H.O about a new contagion rather than China wose government threatened to arrest doctors who first realized they were dealing with a new virus similar to SARS.

Great job China!

Last edited:
All 2,700 passengers were allowed to disembark in Sydney in March without sufficient screening. More than 100 of them felt unwell.

A total of 914 later tested positive. Twenty-two died.
There are no ā€œsystemicā€ failures that need tackling and those involved are said to recognise ā€œthey would do things differently if they had their time againā€.

New South Wales
NSW is reporting its lowest daily new cases in over a month after being on high alert when daily cases started to climb over 15.
Once again, contact tracing is the key to stopping outbreaks. Just like in Taiwan and South Korea. But unlike those two countries, NSW as far as Iā€™m aware doesnā€™t have high face covering rates and itā€™s not mandatory.
NSW Health sadly reports the death of a man in his 80s who had COVID-19.
Of the five new cases reported to 8pm last night:
ā€¢3 are linked to the Tangara School for Girls cluster
ā€¢1, a man in his 40s from Western Sydney is locally acquired and still under investigation
ā€¢The other is a close contact of this person
Victoria

Last edited:
" Thus, one of the miners ā€¦ was effectively patient zero of the COVID-19 epidemic."
Iā€™m curious what other experts have to say about this. Will their minds have changed? It will need more scrutiny. I know some have insisted that a leak could not happen because international experts do visit the lab and check on the standards. But mistakes do happen.

Last edited:
Yes it will be interesting to see where this goes.

In other news here, NZ and Victoria are comparing virus DNA to see if the NZ outbreak is somehow linked to Victoria

If the contact tracing is working, why put the city under curfew? Is it a means to close bars etal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back