Biden: I’ll Mandate Masks in Interstate Transportation, Federal Buildings, Ask People to Mask for 100 Days

• Thread starter Thread starter Cathoholic
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Although I am in favor of wearing masks, and even mandating masks, as inconvenient and annoying as they may be, what I saw on the news this morning had me saying instinctively that this is government overreach. What I am talking about is the possibility or probability of mandating a “vaccine app.” In other words, the requirement that one present evidence of having taken the forthcoming vaccine in order to gain admittance to sports stadiums, concert halls, performance venues, and so on. This sounds to me like an infringement of personal freedom by Big Government, even though I can understand the value of such action. Is this the wave of the future, I wonder?
At the state level, it isn’t entirely different than vaccination records for children to enter school.
The general government has no constitutional mandate to do so.

Like I said. You may think that.

The media doesn’t. At least the media I cited.
I think you should just admit it.
I don’t think an article pairing the word “lockdown” with the word “confusion” is a good way to support your perspective. But okay.

:woman_shrugging:t6::man_shrugging:t6:​

I don’t think an article pairing the word “lockdown” with the word “confusion” is a good way to support your perspective. But okay.
I was just thinking the same thing about you merely saying there was no lockdown when they clearly say there was and how just taking your word for it is not “a good way to support your perspective. But okay.”

Last edited:
Can anyone explain a mask mandate on interstate transportation?
I had taken “Interstate Transportation” to mean transportation that is regulated by the federal government, such as commercial planes. Clarity would likely come when an actual order is issued, which would need to be unambiguous in it’s expressions of demands and obligations.

Thanks for posting that graciew.

Purpose:​

This guidance provides a strong recommendation for wearing of masks by passengers on and operators of conveyances to prevent spread of the virus that causes COVID-19.
We had a guest over tonight who has recovered from corona virus.

He cannot understand for the life of him, WHY he is being FORCED to wear masks.

Then he mused he supposes it is “psychological” for other to look at.

I told him I think he is right.

There certainly is no science behind this making him wear masks.

Him wearing a mask provides virtually
no scientific benefit to . . .
prevent spread of the virus that causes COVID-19.

Last edited:
There are the passages about interstate transportation. That was Theo’s question and there are some explanations.

Last edited:
I guess he could wear a large I for immune that says he had the virus. That way stores and other businesses would be able to verify that was immune and not contagious.

Or a national database so that it could be verified (not, in my opinion a very good idea).

Or they could just have a blanket requirement so that they don’t have to carry the additional burden (staff to check, potential software program to look up things, etc) of checking every customer’s status

I guess he could wear a large I for immune that says he had the virus. That way stores and other businesses would be able to verify that was immune and not contagious.
As there have been a few reported incidents of someone that caught the virus more than once, and an incident of a person with a co promised immune system carrying the virus for months with no symptoms, I like the idea of just asking everyone we a mask.

I had taken “Interstate Transportation” to mean transportation that is regulated by the federal government, such as commercial planes.
That makes sense, but seems unnecessary by Biden since planes, airports and commuter trains already mandate masking up.

Net, Biden is just scrambling for things he will do differently and not really coming up with anything substantial.

Net, Biden is just scrambling for things he will do differently and not really coming up with anything substantial.
I think there are limits on where he can apply mandates. When it comes to private businesses and gatherings at private homes that is up to local governments. But even then, there are limits in what they can mandate.

I think part of his intention is to provide encouragement from the top for people to follow some safe behaviours, which I feel like is the opposite of what the current administration is doing. But with the nation being divided, I don’t know how influential that will be.

Or a national database so that it could be verified (not, in my opinion a very good idea).
Yes. It in not in my opinion a very good idea either.
Or they could just have a blanket requirement
Put the burden on the recovered victims. Just like they are doing. (I disagree with that approach. Making immune people “mask-up” for no health reason other than psychological feelings and emotions for others is not freedom or public health.)

Last edited:
No, you are right. We should put the burden on the businesses.

Basically I get it. No one should have to do anything ever.

Put the burden on the recovered victims. Just like they are doing. (I disagree with that approach. Making immune people “mask-up” for no health reason other than psychological feelings and emotions for others is not freedom or public health.)
No, you are right. We should put the burden on the businesses.

Basically I get it. No one should have to do anything ever.
There is a thing called an Asymptomatic Carrier the most famous being Typhoid Mary these people have a disease that doesn’t effect them(Immunity) but they can still pass it on to others. As I understand it any disease, whether viral or bacterial, can have asymptomatic carriers, I know people can be asymptomatic carriers of the mumps virus as well as typhus bacteria. Once you are immune there is a low probability that you could be a carrier.

There is a thing called an Asymptomatic Carrier
Thank you for tacitly affirming the mindset of the mandates for masking-up, quarantining HEALTHY people, and social distancing being PERMANENT.

And the left will LIKE it.

There will ALWAYS be a thing called an Asymptomatic Carrier.

There was a thing called an Asymptomatic Carrier last year with the flu too. And people died from flu as well.

There will be things POST-coronavirus vaccination called Asymptomatic Carrier also.

And concerning corona virus there will still be, ten years from now, a thing called an Asymptomatic Carrier.

Like I said:

Thank you for tacitly affirming the mindset of the mandates for masking-up, quarantining HEALTHY people, and social distancing being PERMANENT.

And the left will LIKE it.
Once you are immune there is a low probability that you could be a carrier.
Which is WHY the ten to twelve million Americans who have already had corona virus do not need to “mask-up”, etc.

But this is no longer about public health.

Last edited:
Which is WHY the ten to twelve million Americans who have already had corona virus do not need to “mask-up”, etc.
Of course they need to Mask-up. Anyone of them could be a “Typhoid-Mary” type carrier. We don’t know enough still about this virus to dictate otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back