Boy Scouts Expected to End Ban on Gay Leaders

  • Thread starter Thread starter gilliam
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone honestly believe they did this because that is best for boys who are scouts.? They Did this because they were losing funding for major corporations who are themselves as victims of a culture that demands tolerance of everyone except those who don’t share their views
 
After your post, I read the legal brief.
But I think that sort of problem could come about regardless of whether the BSA discriminates or not. If anything this goes along with what the leader said earlier about the discrimination policy not being sustainable.
As I said earlier, when the change was proposed, another parent might say, “I don’t want my son to be part of an organization that practices discrimination.” And quite a few parents do believe that.
In America, we have this little principle which says, in general, "When you don’t like an organization, you don’t have to participate in it; you don’t set out to DESTROY that outfit, you START YOUR OWN competing organization. But, as always, the left seeks to rip asunder all that is good in life. :doh2:
 
I fail to see a distinction between the terms… Or how it makes any difference in my argument.

Fact is science doesn’t back the claim that homosexual men endanger children anymore than heterosexual men do.
As a guy with a former friend who is in prison for HETERO pedophilia, I can tell you that the creeps in jail for molesting kids are NOT 95% or more heterosexual, which you would expect if this perversion cut equally across orientation lines. In fact, I remember hearing years ago that the vast majority in prison are HOMOsexual. 😦
 
As a guy with a former friend who is in prison for HETERO pedophilia, I can tell you that the creeps in jail for molesting kids are NOT 95% or more heterosexual, which you would expect if this perversion cut equally across orientation lines. In fact, I remember hearing years ago that the vast majority in prison are HOMOsexual. 😦
In addition we have twisted the meaning of pedophilia in an attempt to hide the overwhelmingly homosexual component of abuse. Homosexual rape , statutory or not , of post-pubescent boys is passed off as pedophilia rather than the homosexual action it really is . As an example the media continually talks about pedophilia priests when in reality there was very little pediophilia involved and very little abuse of girls involved
 
In America, we have this little principle which says, in general, "When you don’t like an organization, you don’t have to participate in it; you don’t set out to DESTROY that outfit, you START YOUR OWN competing organization. But, as always, the left seeks to rip asunder all that is good in life. :doh2:
👍
 
As a guy with a former friend who is in prison for HETERO pedophilia, I can tell you that the creeps in jail for molesting kids are NOT 95% or more heterosexual, which you would expect if this perversion cut equally across orientation lines. In fact, I remember hearing years ago that the vast majority in prison are HOMOsexual. 😦
Apologies if I don’t trust hearsay without evidence.
 
That was the message of Christ thought, “He said I am the Way, I am the Truth, I am the Life”

He specifically stated that it was His way and no other

And as far as being rude, He told His disciples to preach the Word like this

Matthew 10:14-15
That may be true but this is kind of starting to scare me and making me feel slightly threatened in some way that I can not explain. you have a nice day ok and peace.
 
In America, we have this little principle which says, in general, "When you don’t like an organization, you don’t have to participate in it; you don’t set out to DESTROY that outfit, you START YOUR OWN competing organization. But, as always, the left seeks to rip asunder all that is good in life. :doh2:
Until they win. The forces who demanded a change in the rules of the organization are now insisting, on many fora devoted to scouting, that the new rules are now settled law, irrevocable, and that now dissenting voices cannot be allowed. Those who disagree with Gates’ changes are being told, “If you don’t like it, find another organization.”

Ironic.
 
There is good reason the crucifix is a symbol of Christianity, rather than the whip. Wouldn’t you agree?
While Jesus certainly had the prerogative to use violent force to keep His home holy (and also ordered his followers to sell their cloaks and buy swords), and that we shouldn’t assume that prerogative for ourselves without cause, wouldn’t you agree that Jesus **was ** properly judgmental, that He did state in effect that it was His way or the highway, and that modern conceptions of Jesus as a non-judgmental sky-buddy do not comport with the fact that He made reference to Hell and eternal damnation more than anyone else in the Bible?
 
At least one Catholic Scouter is calling for a specifically Catholic national scouting movement that will remain under the general umbrella of the BSA, but detach itself and focus more on using the principles (well, what used to be the principles) of scouting for faith formation and avoid some of the moral compromises that have been established, as well as the others that are expected to occur in the future (acceptance of atheism, transgender “boys,” etc.)

Read the following and let us know what you think: catholicscouts.org
 
What does it matter since there have always been gay leaders, i.e., this is just putting into theory what was already in practice, so to speak?
 
Apologies if I don’t trust hearsay without evidence.
No apology forthcoming. I find it very interesting that it is nearly impossible to find statistics on what percentage of pedophilic acts were perpetrated on boys. At a minimum, there has to be SOME SSA among all those who would violate a young person of the same sex. I am tired of all this vital info being hush hush. :rolleyes:
 
So what exactly are you implying?
I am not implying, but stating outright that you cannot know what is in the heads of anyone, but at the very least you KNOW that there is same sex attraction common to all homosexuals. Some gays would NEVER molest anyone. But, any prudent parent wouldn’t take a risk putting his own son in a potentally devastating situation. :ehh:
 
While Jesus certainly had the prerogative to use violent force to keep His home holy (and also ordered his followers to sell their cloaks and buy swords), and that we shouldn’t assume that prerogative for ourselves without cause, wouldn’t you agree that Jesus **was ** properly judgmental, that He did state in effect that it was His way or the highway, and that modern conceptions of Jesus as a non-judgmental sky-buddy do not comport with the fact that He made reference to Hell and eternal damnation more than anyone else in the Bible?
Christ also said that those that live by the sword will die by the sword…
“Put your sword back in its place,” Jesus said to him, "for all who draw the sword will die by the sword.
 
Until they win. The forces who demanded a change in the rules of the organization are now insisting, on many fora devoted to scouting, that the new rules are now settled law, irrevocable, and that now dissenting voices cannot be allowed. Those who disagree with Gates’ changes are being told, “If you don’t like it, find another organization.” Ironic.
This is so true, MIke. What has been destroyed must forever lay in ruins, and if you seek to resurrect some salvage from the rubble that they have created, you will be told, “The debate is OVER!” :eek:
 
In addition we have twisted the meaning of pedophilia in an attempt to hide the overwhelmingly homosexual component of abuse. Homosexual rape , statutory or not , of post-pubescent boys is passed off as pedophilia rather than the homosexual action it really is . As an example the media continually talks about pedophilia priests when in reality there was very little pediophilia involved and very little abuse of girls involved
Great points, Bob. 😊
 
No apology forthcoming. I find it very interesting that it is nearly impossible to find statistics on what percentage of pedophilic acts were perpetrated on boys. At a minimum, there has to be SOME SSA among all those who would violate a young person of the same sex. I am tired of all this vital info being hush hush. :rolleyes:
So you’re claiming your premise is true, even though you yourself admit there’s no overwhelming evidence?

I’ll admit there’s probably some homosexual pedophiles, simply by the law of averages there has to be some, but to say it’s a majority, that’s just intellectually dishonest.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top