Catholic but not Roman Catholic

• Thread starter Thread starter OrthodoxBerean
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Peter was poor fisherman. The Vatican is not rich. Most of its vehicles are loan from the Italian government. The Pope is not rich, he doesn’t get paid and only get enough money to buy essential things use for life. The Vatican is in debt and isn’t wealthy.
You are joking, right?

You are joking, right?
Nope. I am not kidding. I’m serious.

I don’t lie either. Many Non-Catholics or Ex-Catholic presume to think the Pope is rich in wealth. That is contrary to the truth my friend.

The Papal jet for example is a loan borrowed from the Italian government. The residency of the Papal residence is only temporary. The Pope in fact is the guest. When the Pope dies, the fisherman’s ring is destroyed.

The vestments are also borrowed or loaned. I also read an article that the Vatican is in debt. The Pope has no income either.

The Times article states:
The Pope will receive no raise, since he gets no salary. Most of his income is derived from Peter’s Pence, the penny poll tax collected annually in every Roman Catholic Church in the world. The Pope may use the proceeds of Peter’s Pence as he wishes. Most of it goes for Vatican expenses, Papal charities. The* Pope publishes no Peter’s Pence figures*, but in prewar times it was rumored to run between $2,000,000 and $5,000,000 annually. Because of the war, most of the Pope’s income in the past five years has come from North and South America.
This article was written in July 14, 1944.

time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,885555,00.html

Another Article from Catholic Word News states in 2001 the following:
VATICAN, Jul 9, 01 (CWNews.com) – Pope John Paul II (bio - news) does not know what his salary is-- if indeed he is paid-- his spokesman has revealed.
Last week, as he outlined the financial accounts for the Holy See during the 2000 fiscal year, Cardinal Sergio Sebastiani was taken off guard by a question about the Pope’s salary. The cardinal said that he assumed the Pontiff received a salary, like every other cleric.
But in comment to the press on July 7, papal spokesman Joaquin Navarro-Valls said: “John Paul II is not aware of-- and never has been aware of-- any salary.”
“The relevant agencies of the Holy See provide for the daily needs and activities of the Pope,” Navarro-Valls explained. He added that money donated to the Pope is "devoted to the needs of the Church, respectful of the intentions of the donors."
According to popechart.com/FAQ.htm Pope has no income:

The Pope does not receive a salary. He does not even have a bank account.

Furthermore:

The pope’s car is called the Popemobile.

There are at least 20 Popemobiles scattered around the world.

The Vatican garage houses six of the four-ton vehicles.

Land Rover made the first armored Popemobile in 1982, after the assassination attempt of Pope John Paul II. They have since been made by Fiat, Renault, Peugeot, GM, Toyota and Mercedes Benz.

The cost is of the cars are not disclosed as they are donated to the church by the manufacturers.

For World Youth Day in Toronto, the Pope rode in a Mercedes-Benz M430 colored in mother-of-pearl.

Prior to the armored Popemobiles, popes were transported in carriages and automobiles. Several of these are on display in the Vatican Carriage Museum, including carriages from the 1800s, as well as, a 1929 Graham Paige, a 1930 Citroen and a 1930 Mercedes Benz.

So what do we have here? The Pope is not wealthy because he has no income. Most of what he got like vehicles and so forth are from donation.

Peter did have authority. This seem throughout the Book of Acts. The Early Church consist of Rome, Jerusalem, Antioch, Alexandria, and Constantinople. These five were know as Patriarchates. Rome had primacy over other all the other churches. All five make up the the four marks of the Church of Christ. It is One, Holy, Catholic, and Apostolic.

Paul corrected Peter for not practicing what he preached. Paul corrected Peter for his errors. Peter did not taught in his teaching office.

Peter was poor fisherman. The Vatican is not rich. Most of its vehicles are loan from the Italian government. The Pope is not rich, he doesn’t get paid and only get enough money to buy essential things use for life. The Vatican is in debt and isn’t wealthy.
Sorry…can’t sell me on that one. But you only need to visit the Vatican and take a good look around while you are there. What are you walking on marble, marble, gold, gold, gold statues, rich cravings oil paintings etc etc. I know you will not believe this but in our own Catholic Church our priest once said and not to long ago I might add that the Roman Catholic Church is the richest corporation in the world! Just look at what they are paying out for the priest who have been charged where do you think all the billion is coming from?

In Toronto there was a Catholic Church that was told it was going to close because of cost for repairs. The parishioners were very, very upset for their Church.

The church sat on “prime realistate” property. The Church knew they could make more money selling than repairing. Anyway it was all over the news in the area. The congregation was very upset and said they would raise the money for repairs which they did.

Still they forced them to close it for the church had already made up its mind and they found that out! The conregation got lawyers and low to their surprise you will never guess what came out in the open.They got a lawyer quite a few and quess what they found that the church own property in Toronto much, much, much real astate and it was unbelieveable. It was all over the news big time. Documentary series. they also brought out in the news the priest was changed a new one in and they thought the priest were on their side guess what found out he wasn’t but was letting think he was. That all came out on tv on camera. It was sad.

Sorry but that is the truth… God Bless

Nope. I am not kidding. I’m serious.

I don’t lie either. Many Non-Catholics or Ex-Catholic presume to think the Pope is rich in wealth. That is contrary to the truth my friend.

The Papal jet for example is a loan borrowed from the Italian government. The residency of the Papal residence is only temporary. The Pope in fact is the guest. When the Pope dies, the fisherman’s ring is destroyed.

The vestments are also borrowed or loaned. I also read an article that the Vatican is in debt. The Pope has no income either.

The Times article states:

This article was written in July 14, 1944.

time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,885555,00.html

Another Article from Catholic Word News states in 2001 the following:

According to popechart.com/FAQ.htm Pope has no income:

The Pope does not receive a salary. He does not even have a bank account.

Furthermore:

The pope’s car is called the Popemobile.

There are at least 20 Popemobiles scattered around the world.

The Vatican garage houses six of the four-ton vehicles.

Land Rover made the first armored Popemobile in 1982, after the assassination attempt of Pope John Paul II. They have since been made by Fiat, Renault, Peugeot, GM, Toyota and Mercedes Benz.

The cost is of the cars are not disclosed as they are donated to the church by the manufacturers.

For World Youth Day in Toronto, the Pope rode in a Mercedes-Benz M430 colored in mother-of-pearl.

Prior to the armored Popemobiles, popes were transported in carriages and automobiles. Several of these are on display in the Vatican Carriage Museum, including carriages from the 1800s, as well as, a 1929 Graham Paige, a 1930 Citroen and a 1930 Mercedes Benz.

So what do we have here? The Pope is not wealthy because he has no income. Most of what he got like vehicles and so forth are from donation.
Are you their accountant? Please the very rich can tell and show tax receipts and incomes letting you think they are poor to. In this day and age you don’t know who owns what you would be surprise after you have mounts of papers, corporate numbers of companys try to find out who owns what. Sorry no disrespect. It sure would not be in their own plain and simple name, do you think?

How helpful is the above to this discussion and what does it show? 😦

Mark…
when I was a kid it was always called the Roman Catholic Church why do they want to drop Roman now? Just asking I am see more and more were Roman is dropped why?

Are you their accountant? Please the very rich can tell and show tax receipts and incomes letting you think they are poor to. In this day and age you don’t know who owns what you would be surprise after you have mounts of papers, corporate numbers of companys try to find out who owns what. Sorry no disrespect. It sure would not be in their own plain and simple name, do you think?
I’m not their accountant but I cited the sources which provide reliable source that the Pope isn’t rich.

when I was a kid it was always called the Roman Catholic Church why do they want to drop Roman now? Just asking I am see more and more were Roman is dropped why?
Roman Catholic indictates Roman Rite as oppose to Eastern Rite. To describe the Church universal. The proper terminology to describe the Church under the Pope as the Catholic Church. The four marks of the Church even goes in depth.

It is One, Holy, Catholic, and Apostolic Church. There are 23 Rites in the Catholic Church, 22 Eastern Rite Churches, and 1 Latin or Roman Rite.

The Pope doesn’t have a salary period. The priests I know also affirm this. Priest themselves annual income is 15,000 a year. If they become Pope, they won’t have any salary.

Sorry…can’t sell me on that one. But you only need to visit the Vatican and take a good look around while you are there. What are you walking on marble, marble, gold, gold, gold statues, rich cravings oil paintings etc etc. I know you will not believe this but in our own Catholic Church our priest once said and not to long ago I might add that the Roman Catholic Church is the richest corporation in the world! Just look at what they are paying out for the priest who have been charged where do you think all the billion is coming from?

In Toronto there was a Catholic Church that was told it was going to close because of cost for repairs. The parishioners were very, very upset for their Church.

The church sat on “prime realistate” property. The Church knew they could make more money selling than repairing. Anyway it was all over the news in the area. The congregation was very upset and said they would raise the money for repairs which they did.

Still they forced them to close it for the church had already made up its mind and they found that out! The conregation got lawyers and low to their surprise you will never guess what came out in the open.They got a lawyer quite a few and quess what they found that the church own property in Toronto much, much, much real astate and it was unbelieveable. It was all over the news big time. Documentary series. they also brought out in the news the priest was changed a new one in and they thought the priest were on their side guess what found out he wasn’t but was letting think he was. That all came out on tv on camera. It was sad.

Sorry but that is the truth… God Bless
exactly! Thank You.

Exactly what?
Some hearsay story about “a church in Toronto” that was supposedly all over the news, with nary a link to be found and NOTHING at all to back up the assertions but somebody’s ‘sayso’?

What strikes me is that we can offer up various proofs like the fact that the late John Paul II’s will showed that he had no assets to bequeath to anybody vatican.va/gpII/documents/testamento-jp-ii_20050407_en.html
(so much for the theory that Popes get PAID) --a story which was “all over the news” back in April of 2005, I might add, yet the standard answer is, “You’re not the accountant and everybody KNOWS that lawyers, etc. can fudge documents to make it LOOK like rich people are really poor.”

Nothing like the Christian charity of calling your fellow Christians liars, thieves and cheats, on the ASSUMPTION that you just can’t trust what they say, show or do, because “anybody can fudge documents”.

planter654;:
Sorry no disrespect. It sure would not be in their own plain and simple name, do you think?
What you have is a case of literally being “asset rich, but cash poor”.

There are a couple of things to be aware of:
  • There are the holdings of the individual, autonomous organizations within the Roman Catholic Church;
  • There are the holdings of the individual, but not autonomous organizations within the Roman Catholic Church;
  • There are the holdings of the Holy See qua The Roman Catholic Church;
  • There are the holdings of the Holy See that are independent of the Roman Catholic Church;
  • There are the holding of The Roman Catholic Church qua The Holy See;
Most of the so-called “wealth” of the Roman Catholic Church is held by the individual autonomous organizations within the Roman Catholic Church. As a general rule of thumb, The Holy See has only a general idea about those holdings. Most of those assets are in a form that does not generate any revenue, but might require revenue to maintain. (For example: Gold Chalices, ancient manuscripts.)

xan

jonathon

I’m not their accountant but I cited the sources which provide reliable source that the Pope isn’t rich.
Why would their vestments be loaned or borrowed that makes no sense who else can be needing or wearing such vestments to loan them? then who owns the Vatican who is rich enough? And if the Vatican, we the people who give money support and our money is used to continue to glorify the Vatican the building sorry does not make sense. Why should our money put into a building that does not belong to the people?

Thanks God Bless

The Pope doesn’t have a salary period. The priests I know also affirm this. Priest themselves annual income is 15,000 a year. If they become Pope, they won’t have any salary.
You would not need a salary when all is richly provided for you. This is not a poor life. Think about it, you wouldn’t have to work when you are LOANED everything you need. Forever sitting in your drive way, home with no morgage till the day you go home to God, any colour, pick, make, or model car, filled with gas, insurance paid for, airplanes waiting for you. All the clothing, food, housing, no bills etc. This is not being poor my friend. Richly provided for and greatly Blessed, no one is walking in sandals, don’t you think. The lights are on, and no is walking around in Eskimo suits because the bills are not paid and the kids need to be feed and how are you going to get to work if you even still have a job. Poor no.

Yes our Pope is loved and his children loving provide for him and all.

Nor would you want the church to be put in any position for scandal, so every thing is loaned, funny their are people where, I do not know needing and wearing the “same vestments and gowns”. No salary right who needs one right, don’t you think?

I mean no disrespect but please understand they are not poor, visit Africa or walk downtown anywhere on a cold winter night the poor you will see.

God Bless

You said our loving priest make only $15,000 a year, try raising a family of three on that salary and paying income tax, nothing is loaned for them, don’t you think? You could save that amount a money in a year if everything, everything was bought and paid for or as you say loaned to you. Then maybe that married couple raising that family would have savings for retirement!

God Bless

You said our loving priest make only $15,000 a year, try raising a family of three on that salary and paying income tax, nothing is loaned for them, don’t you think? You could save that amount a money in a year if everything, everything was bought and paid for or as you say loaned to you. Then maybe that married couple raising that family would have savings for retirement!

God Bless
Like Mother Theresa said…that huge building could house thousands of the poor. Don’t tell me either to go and sell my computor because out of the little I have I do give to the poor and sponsor them and give in my community out of the little I have. I give thanks to God for he has given to me to give to others.

God Bless…

Like Mother Theresa said…that huge building could house thousands of the poor. Don’t tell me either to go and sell my computor because out of the little I have I do give to the poor and sponsor them and give in my community out of the little I have. I give thanks to God for he has given to me to give to others.

God Bless…
My computor is not loaned to me I have to make payments on it for 2 years. Yes this is off topic but I did not start it. God Bless

My computor is not loaned to me I have to make payments on it for 2 years. Yes this is off topic but I did not start it. God Bless
Instead, let us counting our Blessings for all have received so no ONE can boast, but if you boast… boast only of what you have received.

God Bless and love to all… a very little child of God.

God Bless
A majority of the income of the priest are given as donation to the church. I also like to note that priests in holy orders take a vow of poverty. Diocesan priests do have income and don’t take any vows.

A majority of the income of the priest are given as donation to the church. I also like to note that priests in holy orders take a vow of poverty. Diocesan priests do have income and don’t take any vows.
Please what ever they are not poor, going hungry sleeping on the streets this is the life they have choosen, we all have choices, we all suffer. Go tell it to the poor children in Africa living on the dirty ground with no water. Why give a salary to return it back that is up to them. It is the vocation they have chosen and they are well provided for within the community of the faithful. I know we have just build the community a beautiful new home for our priest like others.

I love and pray for our priest and I am saying this with no disrespect.

God Bless a… very little child of God

We are called Roman Catholics because we are loyal to Rome. Basically we are Christians the original Christians, but because of all the splitting off and because of groups like the SSPX :mad: that like to call themselves Catholic we have to say we are Roman Catholics. The word catholic means unity and so Catholics are called by this name because we are really the only church that is the same all over the world. All Catholics follow the same rules. It used to be we all attended the same mass, but the unity of the Church is becoming less and less visible. Actually Catholics should just refer to the Catholic Church as the Church because really it is the one and only true Church;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back