CDC Study: 85% of Coronavirus Patients Reported Wearing Masks ‘Always’ or ‘Often’

• Thread starter Thread starter Cathoholic
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
To the readers here.

A week and a half or so ago, the media was telling us that President Trump was at death’s door.

It was fake.

Now the media is attempting to instill fear in us suggesting the US healthcare system is at death’s door too.

My opinion is this is just as fake.

A story by NPR is a notable exception for “scary stuff” that we have been getting “fed” with.

Studies Point To Big Drop In COVID-19 Death Rates​

October 20, 20204:42 PM ET

Heard on All Things Considered

Two new peer-reviewed studies are showing a sharp drop in mortality among hospitalized COVID-19 patients. The drop is seen in all groups, including older patients and those with underlying conditions, suggesting that physicians are getting better at helping patients survive their illness.

“We find that the death rate has gone down substantially,” says Leora Horwitz, a doctor who studies population health at New York University’s Grossman School of Medicine and an author on one of the studies, which looked at thousands of patients from March to August. . . .

. . . Patients in the study had a 25.6% chance of dying at the start of the pandemic; they now have a 7.6% chance.

That’s a big improvement, but 7.6% is still a high risk compared with other diseases, and Horwitz and other researchers caution that COVID-19 remains dangerous.

The death rate “is still higher than many infectious diseases, including the flu,” . . .

. . . They found that death rates dropped for all groups, even older patients by 18 percentage points on average.

The research, an earlier version of which was shared online as a preprint in August, will appear next week in the Journal of Hospital Medicine .

“I would classify this as a silver lining to what has been quite a hard time for many people,” says Bilal Mateen, a data science fellow . . .

Last edited:
I’m hoping this article is accurate, and I’m guessing it is, that the COVID story will be slowly coming to an end with the arrival of a vaccine.

“Imminent vaccine could make all of Biden’s COVID promises irrelevant”

excerpt:

For all of Joe Biden’s boasts of how much better than President Trump he’d handle the pandemic, it’s starting to look like he won’t have to prove it — thanks to Trump.

Health and Human Services Secretary Alex Azar now says access to COVID therapies and even a vaccine could be just weeks away, meaning life could be well on its way back to normal by Inauguration Day.

Hear, hear.

Four vaccine-makers are in final stages of clinical trials; Manhattan-based Pfizer, the furthest along, predicts its vaccine could be ready for emergency-distribution approval as soon as mid-November. Indeed, it thinks it’ll know in just about a week and a half if its formula is effective.

Then, it’ll just need to provide the Food and Drug Administration with two months of data verifying the drug’s safety and prove its manufacturing capability. By January, many Americans — OK, perhaps not all — may have already gotten the vaccine.

Biden, meanwhile, has been trying to cast doubt on the vaccine’s safety, which will only slow recovery if it scares people into not taking it. He didn’t bother to put out his own anti-virus plan until July, and even then, he basically just echoed Trump.

Biden still talks of national mask mandates and social distancing if he’s elected, but by the time the next presidential term begins, the crisis may well be fading…

BUSTED on Hot Mic: PA Gov. Wolf and Elected Crony Laughing About Masks as ‘Political Theater’​

BY MEGAN FOX SEP 29, 2020 8:56 PM ET

Share Tweet Email Comments

(Please Note: This uploaded content is no longer available.)

AP Feed

If this video doesn’t get your blood pressure up after months of being forced to wear masks “for your safety,” then you’re probably dead already from the Chinese WuFlu (or at least that’s what the coroner scribbled on your death certificate).

Pennsylvania Gov. Tom Wolf and Representative Wendy Ullman (D-Bad People) were caught on a hot mic giggling about the “political theater” they were about to partake in at a press conference. Wolf is heard telling Ullman he’s going to take off his mask to speak while Ullman responds that she’s going to keep hers on for the cameras to make sure people see her in it. “I’m waiting so we can do a little political theater,” she says, laughing. “So it’s on camera!”

In other words, it’s all a game and you’re the butt of the joke. . . .

Dianne Feinstein: Masks for Thee but Not for Me!​

BY MEGAN FOX SEP 29, 2020 12:41 PM ET

(Fox News video screenshot)

Tucker Carlson busted Senator Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.) for walking around maskless at Dulles airport after calling for an airport mask mandate (for everyone but her, apparently). It’s important to note that back in July, Feinstein proposed an amendment to coronavirus funding legislation that would deny aid to any state that did not impose a mandatory mask mandate on its citizens. A press release from Feinstein herself read, “Wearing masks in public should be mandatory. Period.”

But we all know that when Democrats propose mandates, they don’t intend to follow them themselves. That’s for you little people. Certainly not Nancy Pelosi (when she wants her hair done) or Dianne Feinstein . . .

Here is one gal that does NOT “wear masks always”.
NEWS & POLITICS

Ohio Woman Arrested and Tased After Police Demand She Mask Up at Son’s Outdoor Football Game​

BY MEGAN FOX SEP 23, 2020 11:31 PM ET

YouTube screenshot (The Timmys)

Alecia Kitts traveled to see her son play football in Logan, Ohio. Footage shows her seated with her family at the proper social distance from other families without a mask on. A police officer approached her because she wasn’t wearing a mask as required by the school district. After she struggled and resisted arrest, the officer in the video tased her into submission in front of her children and arrested her.

One witness, according to the Ohio Star, said that a child sitting on the metal bleachers got shocked when the charge traveled through the metal. . . .

“Imminent vaccine could make all of Biden’s COVID promises irrelevant”
Just more hype and unrtruths from Trump’s water carriers.

There are six vaccines approved for limited use, and they are all Chinese or Russian.

Some trials have been stopped due to adverse affects.

Paul, you’re welcome to it, but I wouldn’t trust anything coming out of China, especially medicine.

Paul, you’re welcome to it, but I wouldn’t trust anything coming out of China, especially medicine.
That was my point by mentioning they were all Chinese or Russian.

Nothing in the US before the end of the year. And, with that accelerated timeline, I’d seriously have to think about the risks of taking a covid vaccine in the first few months it’s available.

I did just get my flu jab today, though.

Are they already approved? I didn’t think that was the case. Not sure about where all the vaccines are being worked on and coming from.

Do remember seeing this article the other day showing video of a COVID vaccine made by Pfizer in the county Belgium. I thought it good news for the many living in fear from the virus. The article and video can be viewed here:

“Covid vaccines roll off the Pfizer production line in thousands as professor claims Oxford-Astra Zeneca shot will be rolled out by DECEMBER”

excerpt:
  • Pfizer is rattling off thousands of doses of its Covid-19 vaccine in Belgium
  • The drug is being stockpiled if the contents prove safe and are effective
  • The US-based company can make 100 million doses available if allowed
Drug giant Pfizer has already manufactured ‘several hundred thousand doses’ of the jab at its plant in Puurs, Belgium, The Mail on Sunday can reveal.

They are being stockpiled ready to be rolled out worldwide if clinical trials are a success, and regulators deem it safe and effective.

The US giant hopes to make 100 million doses available this year, of which 40 million are destined for the UK – a figure that will be dwarfed by the 1.3 billion jabs the company aims to manufacture in 2021. …

That was my point by mentioning they were all Chinese or Russian.
I would let half a quarter of the populace take anything from these 2 and then wait 2 months and see if there are any adverse affects before even considering.
Nothing in the US before the end of the year. And, with that accelerated timeline, I’d seriously have to think about the risks of taking a covid vaccine in the first few months it’s available.
ditto on my above comment.
I did just get my flu jab
Got mine on the 1st.

First, no manufacturer certifies commercially available surgical masks for medical use. In fact it specifically says on the package I bought that it is Not intended for medical use. I challenge one and all to find me a box of surgical masks bought at a retail outlet that does not say that or something similar on the cover. So if the FDA or the CDC is saying they help, the manufacturers surely don’t agree. Does anyone think for two seconds that the CDC will indemnify the manufacturers? Surely there is a pro-mask poster who wants to see me eat some crow. Bring it on.

Second, to understand why surgical masks are such a failure at controlling virus spread, one needs to refer to the relative sizes of particles that I posted about awhile back and also refer to the CDC admission that the coronavirus can exist in aerosolized form as well as in respiratory droplets. When the virus is in aerosolized form, stopping it with a mask is analogous to layering two dozen chain link fences at random offsets to each other and expecting that to stop two way transit by mosquitoes. Don’t forget that while respiratory droplets can be caught in the mask, that droplet will evaporate and then the virus particle has very little to hold it back from traveling back and forth through the mask as well as the side openings.

This is how people wearing the surgical masks can pick up the virus in one place and transport it to other places, shedding along the way. That is how someone who is immune can still be a spreader, because the government is forcing them to mask up anyway. This key factor is likely overriding the claimed mitigation benefit one gets from wearing the mask in the first place. Further, the people who know they are immune shouldn’t be wearing masks because masks increase the possibility of spreading the virus anyway, hence adding to the spread, not subtracting from it. So I would suggest making masks optional, not mandatory. People’s choice and they are responsible for their own choices.

Last edited:
Zzyzx_Road . . .
Don’t forget that while respiratory droplets can be caught in the mask, that droplet will evaporate and then the virus particle has very little to hold it back from traveling back and forth through the mask as well as the side openings.

This is how people wearing the surgical masks can pick up the virus in one place and transport it to other places, shedding along the way. That is how someone who is immune can still be a spreader, because the government is forcing them to mask up anyway . . .

. . the people who know they are immune shouldn’t be wearing masks because masks increase the possibility of spreading the virus anyway, hence adding to the spread, not subtracting from it. . .
Very interesting information Zzyzx_Road.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back