H
hannajomar
Guest
I would recommend coming up with some concrete ways to not end up alone with him. For example, when I was younger my girlfriends and I would help each other to stay away from guys we knew were bad news. In college, a boy was coming to visit my dorm. I asked my roommate to please don’t leave the room when he’s there because I didn’t trust myself. There was a boy who always followed her around at parties, so I kind of became her bouncer so he wouldn’t bother her too much.
I strongly recommend finding someone in your circle to confide in. Someone you can truly trust. You don’t need to disclose everything that happened if you don’t want. But it would help you if you could tell this person, “I struggle with feelings against chastity when I’m around him. Could you help me to not be alone with him?” A true friend will not be invasive, and will help you with your struggle while being completely discrete. If they want you to explain more, you can tell her you would rather not discuss it, but are still asking for her support. All of this happened when you did not intend for it to happen, so you can’t depend solely on your intentions for it to not happen again. You need something more powerful then your intentions.
The evil one thrives in secrecy. I strongly urge you to confide in someone.
Does he serve the Church in an official capacity, though employment or volunteering?
I strongly recommend finding someone in your circle to confide in. Someone you can truly trust. You don’t need to disclose everything that happened if you don’t want. But it would help you if you could tell this person, “I struggle with feelings against chastity when I’m around him. Could you help me to not be alone with him?” A true friend will not be invasive, and will help you with your struggle while being completely discrete. If they want you to explain more, you can tell her you would rather not discuss it, but are still asking for her support. All of this happened when you did not intend for it to happen, so you can’t depend solely on your intentions for it to not happen again. You need something more powerful then your intentions.
The evil one thrives in secrecy. I strongly urge you to confide in someone.
Does he serve the Church in an official capacity, though employment or volunteering?